Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer

Hi,

I saw in other question that someday you will turn the UniqueName property into obsolete.

I need to save some configuration about the GridViewColumns to a file. I saw that when I use DataMemberBinding, the UniqueName name holds the Binding property name, but if I define a cell template without data member binding, the UniqueName property is null. How can I guarante the uniquenes of a column identifier? even if I put DataMemberBinding in all columns, theoretically I can have the same UniqueName name twice (binding two same property twice and showing different path in the cell template of the column).

It is not logical to call a property UniqueName without being unique. Can you help me please ??

How do you guarantee the uniqueness in your PersistenceManager implementation??

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Sep 2022
0 answers

We have a strange issue that I've not seen posted or reported anywhere after two days of research

We have RadGridViews where we manage persistence using the Telerik PersistenceManager Class.

The grids are set as follows

theGrid.ShowGroupPanel = false;
    theGrid.FilteringMode = Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.FilteringMode.FilterRow;
    theGrid.CanUserGroupColumns = false;
    theGrid.CanUserReorderColumns = true;

We gather data from a web service in the form of a data table and bind to the Grid.

When a filter is applied at the column level (for example a part number using the "Is Equal To"  filter) we save the grid stream, submit the query, retrieve the data, bind to the grid, Reload using the persistence manager.  

pseudo code

• Gather Filter info
  • Save aStream
  • Get Data
  • Bind
  • PersistenceManager.Load(theGrid, astream);

The strange behavior is that I can consistently filter on a particular part number (String) and everything works as expected (A single result in the grid), but another part number results in a blank grid after calling the Manager.Load() code.  

In the second scenario, the underlying data table has one row, but it does not display in the grid.  If I comment out the code to load, then the value displays.  Using this, we lose the persistence, and can't "Clear filter" at the column level.

Long story short, the PersistenceManager.Load(theGrid, astream); seems to be failing, resulting in a blank Grid even though the underlying data table has one row.  Since this is Telerik code, we have no way to debug it.

Thanks in advance for any help.  I've attached a screen shot of the resulting grid, when the "Load" fails

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Jun 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron