Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer

Dear Telerik Team,

I am using the RadNumericUpDown control for accepting the numeric value. I have made hidden the up and down tick button so it look like simple textbox. The purpose of using this control specific for Distance and Weight values so it can be in any unit of measurement. For example, meter, millimeter, feet, kg, ton etc.

For simple UOM like meter, I can simply set the CustomUnit as "m" and it works fine. But How can I represent the value of 99.11 feet to feet and inch e.g., 99 ft 1 in

So whenever user trying to edit the value, it will be in feet only and once it is edited value will be displayed in feet and inch. 

How can  I achieve this behavior using RadNumericUpDown control ?

Thanks & Regards,

Hiren Lad

Dinko
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2023
0 answers

Hello,

I have a NumericUpDown with the following configuration:

1. NumberDecimalDigits=3

2. Binding to Double property in ViewModel

3. Validation (IDataErrorInfo) between 20-3000.

4. Small change 0.001

5. Big change 0.1

When I write 123.1234, I can see 123.123 in the UI but in the view model, you don't remove the additional digits.

I have the following problems:

1. Sometimes when using arrows up/down or page up/down, the 4 digit is removed. I expected that the snall/large change takes effect without removing any digits because the NumberDecimalDigits shall affect the UI.

2. On grouping/filtering, I want to apply the logic on the UI value instead of the binding value.

For 1234.1234 and 1234.1235 will be created two different groups.

In case that I have a double with 4 digits, but in the UI is configured to N3, I don't want to see two groups with same value in the Header Text. The user will not understand why there are two groups.

How can I configure the RadNumericUpDown to show 3 digits but if there is an error and the number has 4 digits to show 4 digits? (with this solution the user will understand why there is an error if he types 19.9996.

For this value, it will be round 20.000 and mark as error when minimim value 20 is allowed. Showing 4 digits will solve it.

How can I configure the Grouping and Filtering of the RadGridView to consider some double value as N3?

alex
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bronze
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 16 Sep 2023
1 answer

Hello,

I have a xaml with RadGridView which contains 4 columns. One of the columns has DataMemberBinding to a Double number/property and a cell template with a NumericUpDown control which is binded to the same Double property.

When I click the RadNumericUpDown arrow to change the value and the control remains Focusded and click immediatly the CellHeader for sorting, sometimes the value of some rows are changed to be the value of other rows. This is happens when I click the header many times with RowVirtualization=False.

If I click the arrow of the RadnumericUpDown and then I click another control to remove the focus and then I can click the header many times and the issue can't be reproduced. The update source trigger is PropertyChanged.

Sometimes during sorting the value is changed and then restored to the correct one.

Please I would like to know if you can fix it or give me some workaround. This is a very simple requirement (sorting). 

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Oct 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron