Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
0 answers
I have an application where it contains a RadPane. When the user hover overs the pane, it opens up a RadGridView which contains a list. When the pane is pinned, user can click on the GridView and work with it. However when the pane is unpinned, Pane closes on clicking the RadGridView. The expectation is that, it should work exactly like the pinned RadPane.

Tried adding a CustomFlyoutBehavior which implements IFlyoutBehavior and tried working with OnPaneDeactivated, but the event is not getting hit when the RadPane closes on clicking the GridView. 

Thanks in advance.
Nikhil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 30 Oct 2023
1 answer

Our organization has an app that we're porting from .NET/WPF to React. We have several grids, that utilize this:

```

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Telerik.WinControls;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
using Telerik.WinControls.UI;
using Telerik.WinControls.Data;
using System.Data.OleDb;
using System.Linq;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using System.ComponentModel;

```

Instead, I'd like to use KendoReact.

Before I rewrite the entire thing in NextJS/KendoReact, are there some tools and techniques that I could use to save time?

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Sep 2023
1 answer

I'm trying to make my gridview box column show the dropdown tick without having to click

<telerik:GridViewComboBoxColumn Header="Active" DataMemberBinding="{Binding EnableCase}" UniqueName="Active" ItemsSource="{Binding Activeops}" DisplayMemberPath="Describe" SelectedValueMemberPath="ID" />

The Dropdown only shows up when i click on the header

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2022
1 answer

I would like to indicate/emphasize cells selected for the action.

Example scenario:

1. select 2 cells in the grid;

2. perform some action after pushing separate button "Process selection";

3. now i need to show those previously selected 2 cells despite of clicks on other grid cells or loosing focus on the grid.

There is another button "View All" which will reset grid and clear all "permanently" selected cells.

Looking for suggestions to implement such behavior. Thinking about changing background color, making cell text bold, disabling cells. Any ideas?

CellStyleSelector sample from xaml_sdk demonstrates a static custom cell selection in columns overriding xaml styles. I need to make it dynamic: select cell, perform action, mark cell as processed, select another cell, process it, unmark previous cell, mark new one as processed.

Thank you,

Gennady

Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2022
2 answers
Hello.

This is similar to my most recent post.

Is the current example also not recommended? This is a row style using Visivility Hidden Converter.
I can see the opposite grid row when checked.

Here, I gave "AlternationCount" and the data is displayed with a gray background.

However, it is not visible when using the Search filter. (Visible when checked)

This seems like a bug.
Please confirm.

Thanks.
Psyduck
Top achievements
Rank 5
Bronze
Bronze
Bronze
 answered on 13 Jan 2022
1 answer

RadGridView has slow performance if grid with hierarchical data has huge children capacity (e.g. 2000 children for each node).
I'm waiting a lot of time for expand node, very slow scroll, application brings up a lot of memory.

Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2021
2 answers

This is odd, I am using the latest SP1 libraries and have followed all the steps and only see this in the WPF application. The Activities column should look like a drop-down combo box when the green checkbox is showing. Obviously, I am missing something, but not sure what it is. I hope I can look at it fresh in the morning and figure it out, but if there are tips, please let me know.

My XAML has this definition for the column:

<telerik:GridViewComboBoxColumn Header="Activities" Width = "271" DataMemberBinding = "{Binding Description}" SelectedValueMemberPath = "SicCodeValue" DisplayMemberPath = "SicCodeDescription" IsLightweightModeEnabled="true" IsComboBoxEditable="True">
</telerik:GridViewComboBoxColumn>

and I set up my itemssource via code using the following line on data load:

(this.myList.Columns[2] as GridViewComboBoxColumn).ItemsSource = (ViewModel as MyViewModel).SicCodes;
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2021
2 answers

Hello.

I'm making it using MVVM.

I've been asking questions before and got a lot of answers. Among them, a binding error is output.
On the actual screen, it is bound without any problem.
However, an error is displayed in the output.

Please refer to my example. The situation is like this.

StartView => MainWindow Open -> Hierarchy1 Open
You click on UserControl A and UserControl B once at a time.

The binding is bound. However, you will get an output error while debugging.

Usercontrol A.xaml contains UserAGridView and UserATextBlock.
Usercontrol B.xaml contains ComboData, ComboDataItem, OnClickButtonCommand, and ButtonText.

Whenever you click on a Navigation Item, you will get a bounding error in the output about what is bound to that Usercontrol.
(Bind value in debugging screen works normally)

The same phenomenon appeared in the button in the Column in UsercontrolA, and I tried using a proxy, but it was the same.

What is the problem?

Thanks.

Psyduck
Top achievements
Rank 5
Bronze
Bronze
Bronze
 updated answer on 31 May 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron