Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer

We just tried to update to Telerik UI for WPF, version 2022.3.912.  This caused build errors because the method System.Collections.Generic.ExtensionMethods.GetValueOrNull was defined in two assemblies, Telerik.Windows.Documents and Telerik.Windows.Documents.Flow.

Peshito
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2022
1 answer

I want show something like the Telerik ExplorerControl in folder-browser mode.  But in my control, I need certain folders are shown with a custom icon /view that will reflect the contents of the folder.   I love all the tree-view functionality of the control and do not want to re-invent all of that.  but I need the main pane to show my view, not Telerik's

Basically when ever a folder contains a file named "scan.yaml" and "image01.png", I want my UI to show the contents of "image01.png" as the folder instead of the regular folder icon.  (My code actually does some background processing to overlay other information on that image sometimes but that's not important for now)

Is this possible or would I need to use my own Tree View?

I thought of a few approaches.  Can you tell me which, if any of these are feasible and which would work best?

1.  Use a ControlTemplate that totally replaces the contents of`PART_MainPane` which is currently this

<historyNavigationPane:FileBrowserTabControl x:Name="PART_MainPane"
        Grid.Column="2"
        SelectedIndex="{Binding ElementName=PART_LayoutConfigurator, Path=SelectedIndex}"
        ItemsSource="{Binding Layouts}"
        ContentTemplateSelector="{StaticResource MainPaneTabControlTemplateSelector}">

Is it feasible to use a style for ExplorerControl with a ControlTemplate  that completely tears that out and replaces that `FileBrowserTabControl` it with my own control? 

2. Use a ControlTemplate that does not show the MainPane at all and just puts my custom control next to the existing tree view.  My control could then key off its sibling's `CurrentDirectory` property

3. Try to find some way to customize how FileBrowserTabControl shows the folder contents as I described

Would any of these work.

I've attached an image of part of what my control looks like in large-icon mode.  It shows two regular folders and two of the "special" folders that I mentioned

(Also I looked for a question tag for ExplorerControl but could not find one so I tagged "General Discussion")

Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Oct 2022
1 answer

Hello,

We have a project that currently uses Telerik 2013. We need to gradually upgrade different screens in the system to use Telerik 2022.

How do you recommend we do that? Can we use Telerik 2013 dlls and Telerik 2022 dlls in the same project?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 updated answer on 18 Oct 2022
1 answer

Trying to upgrade my C# WPF application to the latest telerik version using the Upgrade Wizard,

It crash right after starting the upgrade with:

An error occurred while running the wizard.

Error executing custom action Telerik.Windows.WPF.VSX.Actions.MultiProjectUpdateReferencesAction: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): This reference cannot be removed from the project because it is always referenced by the compiler.
   at VSLangProj.Reference.Remove()
   at Telerik.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.ApplicationReferenceManager.RemoveReferences()
   at Telerik.VSX.ProjectConfigurators.ApplicationReferenceManager.UpdateReferences()
   at Telerik.VSX.Actions.UpdateReferencesAction.UpdateReferences(IProjectWrapUIComponents projectWrap)
   at Telerik.VSX.Actions.MultiProjectActionBase`1.Execute(WizardContext wizardContext, IPropertyDataDictionary arguments)
   at Telerik.VSX.Actions.MultiProjectUpdateReferencesActionBase`1.Execute(WizardContext wizardContext, IPropertyDataDictionary arguments)
   at Telerik.VSX.WizardEngine.ActionManager.ExecActions()

Tried in VS2019 and VS2022, same results. Installed the latest Telerik extension from the VS Extension market.

Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2022
1 answer

I would like to indicate/emphasize cells selected for the action.

Example scenario:

1. select 2 cells in the grid;

2. perform some action after pushing separate button "Process selection";

3. now i need to show those previously selected 2 cells despite of clicks on other grid cells or loosing focus on the grid.

There is another button "View All" which will reset grid and clear all "permanently" selected cells.

Looking for suggestions to implement such behavior. Thinking about changing background color, making cell text bold, disabling cells. Any ideas?

CellStyleSelector sample from xaml_sdk demonstrates a static custom cell selection in columns overriding xaml styles. I need to make it dynamic: select cell, perform action, mark cell as processed, select another cell, process it, unmark previous cell, mark new one as processed.

Thank you,

Gennady

Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2022
1 answer

Hi,

My problem it's about Telerik.Windows.Controls.RichTextBoxUI. I'm on the process of upgrading a .NetFramework project to NET6, i've download the demo dlls for .NET6 and i'm setting up a Implicit Style, i've done everything this Link said, i've changed my Telerik UIs References to the NoXaml ones, i've merged the Xaml files and i've put the Office2019 themes on the project.

Now the problem is that RichTextBoxUI.xaml it's failing when compiling because can't find isStringNotEmptyToBoolConverter, and when i open the file, it's full of errors, saying it can find the assembly for Telerik.Windows.Controls.RichTextBoxUI. I'm guessing it's due to a missing DLL, but in \Binaries.NoXaml\WPF60 there's no dll for RichTextBoxUI, only RichTextBox.

Telerik.Windows.Documents.Xaml it's also failing and it's almost the same, failing references to other Documents. references that are not in the \Binaries.NoXaml\WPF60 folder.

It's there a place where i can find these dll? are they diferent for NET6 and i'm making a mistake with the setting of the Themes?

Thanks in advance.

Tanya
Telerik team
 answered on 11 May 2022
0 answers

I have documents that when saved as a .docx file and opened in Word, they display correctly.

The same document when viewed in the TK Viewer distorts (moves) the position of the elements of the document.

It is adding space where it should not be and wrapping words where they should be on a single line.

I'm attaching a short screenshot of the document in TK View as well as in Word to show difference. It is happening everywhere in the document, but just this screenshot for brevity.

Is there a setting to force it to render exactly as the display in word? Some way to resolve this?

billy
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 asked on 22 Apr 2022
1 answer
I'm currently updating a project that has a mix of Telerik RadGrid and older Ingragistics grids. I'm going to be normalizing all the controls and I'm trying to decide if I should go with only VS controls or if using a controlset like Telerik is still a good practice. The cost of the Telerik controls isn't an issue and overall I'm happy https://xender.vip/ with the functionality they provide. If I stick with Telerik I'm also considering converting all my standard controls to their Telerik counterparts.
gorge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 21 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hi everyone,

I downloaded yerstaday the testing framework (https://www.telerik.com/try/telerik-testing-framework).

And tried to use it today with a dotnet 6 wpf application and a dotnet 6 xunit test project and it seams that the testing framework has compatibility issues.

Can someone confirm it ?

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hello Telerik Team,

I was wondering how one would implement error bars in a ScatterPointSeries that look similar to this: https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/line-charts/error-bars

There is a very similar question that has been asked before (https://www.telerik.com/forums/how-to-plot-error-bar-for-standard-deviation). Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the feature request mentioned there is going to be implemented anytime soon. As a workaround it was suggested to use a RangeBarSeries with a custom PointTemplate, but that will not work for me, since it is a Cathegorical series and I need to plot the data points at any arbitrary xy coordinate, which is my reason to use the ScatterPointSeries.

I was researching further and found someone mentioning a custom renderer but it seems that is only applicable for windows forms.

I also found this site https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/controls/radchart/how-to/howto-create-scatter-errorbars-and-boxplot-series but it seems to only work for RadChart and not RadCartesianChart.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Robin

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron