Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer

Morning,

I have a project in VS2022 targeting .NET 6.0 and using the UI.for.WinForms.AllControls.Net60 NuGet package. On installation of the package all controls appear in the Toolbox as expected. Upon restarting Visual Studio, all of the controls have disappeared. Attempting to re-add them manually from Choose Toolbox Items and browsing to the package DLLs results in errors as below for each DLL.

Do you have any suggestions as to why the controls won't persist in VS?

We've tried uninstalling and re-installing VS so as to start with a fresh install but the same issue occurs.

Many thanks,

John.

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2022
0 answers

Greetings,

With the given solution in this link it is possible to zip and unzip multiple files with a password, but I also need to zip and unzip folders with files in them. Considering there are folders and files in a single directory, how is it possible to zip them all with the same hierarchy of files and folders? I tested the solution in a scenario that there are folders in a directory and the result was taking out all files out of their corresponding folders and putting them all in one single zip file.

George C.
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 02 May 2022
2 answers

I did some searching and finding it difficult to disable button(s) in RadGridView. 

I have a gridview with two buttons (Edit, Delete) then datacolumns in grid.

When Delete is pressed, I want to execute code, disable / hide Edit / Delete buttons on that row only.

I was able to disable the button but then all buttons are now being disabled on all rows.  Even though the buttons are disabled the commandcellClick is still executing when clicking on the disabled button.

I did add the CellFormatting  procedure but it executes so many times it's hard to know what row / cell it's on and when.

private void gvResults_CellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
                if (e.ColumnIndex == 0)
                   {
                        RadButtonElement b = (RadButtonElement)e.CellElement.Children[0];
                        b.Enabled = false;
                        Debug.Print("Working on cell: " + e.CellElement.Value);
                    }
        }
tar
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated answer on 29 Apr 2022
1 answer

We use the standard windows UI LinkLabel to display a hyperlink  in our software. I found 

https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/knowledge-base/link-label

but, the issue with this is it is forcing color/font to the label - which i know a linklabel does. But, doesn't the theme have a linklabel "standard"?

Also, I don't understand the radlabel.linkarea value, and i can't seem to find that explained anywhere.

Thanks.

Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2022
1 answer
I need to develop a simple app using .NET and Windows Forms. One requirement I have is build a beautiful GUI. However I find Windows Forms quite limited for this purpose. There are any good libraries NuGet ir anything to improve the capabilities or visual styles of Windows Forms ?
https://omegle.onl/
I checked MaterialSkin but still is kinda limited. Help appreciated.
jane
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 21 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hi

I need floating labels in RadTextBox and RadDropDownList using telerik winforms.

Telerik has this feature implemented in their Floating Labels in kendo.react library for various controls.

However I'm using Telerik UI for Winforms R2 2020 which does not support this. In R2 2021 Telerik has added support only for floating labels Floating Labels in RadTextBox/RadTextBoxControl but not for RadDropDownList. I can't upgrade to R2 2021.

I need some customization tips to implement floating labels in both RadTextBox and RadDropDown using Telerik Winforms

Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hey Everyone,

I have just updated my WinForms controls to 2022 R1 from 2019 R3.  When i open Visual Studio 2022 and create a new project it all creates succesful however the toolbox seens to still be referencing the old 2019 R3 files.  Also some of the new features such as StepProgressBar are not available.  The particular tool is something that i am very keen to start using and i was wondering if someone can assist me with getting the toolbox updated please.

I have tried the doing a repair of the install as well as the Launch Toolbox Configurator from within Visual Studio however both to no joys.  On the Toolbox Configurator it states that it will close clsoe Visual Studio however this closing isnt happening.

Its also worth noting that the demo applications are showing the correct new latest version and in my installation directory there is only one version.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanksin advanced

Luke

Telerik team
 answered on 03 Mar 2022
1 answer
I've successfully set up everything and I'm able to capture traffic just that I'm also getting traffic from my windows machine where I have fiddler installed and acting as a proxy.

How can I config fiddler to only show captured traffic just from my android device?
https://xender.vip/
Moreover, if I've installed the certificate and configured the proxy on 2 different android devices how can I differentiate between the two? Right now the only solution is to turn wifi off on one of the devices.
https://nox.tips/
Is there a way I can see somewhere in the left traffic list stream window or the right Inspectors window and tabs what's the ip of the device that the traffic data belongs to? For example, my android device 1 has 192.168.0.10 and android device 2 has 192.168.0.20. I would like to see somewhere in the request and/or response this IP for the same reason described above - to be able to differentiate traffic captured from one source from the other.
ussop
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 02 Mar 2022
1 answer
I have a Telerik.WinControls.UI.Docking.ToolWindow added to RadDock. I want to use the pin/unpin feature and not the docking feature. I want to disable the contextmenu and not allow user to move around the ToolWindow as well. How do I acheive it?
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Feb 2022
4 answers

Hello, 

I have a Telerik WinForms project in Visual Studio Professional 2022 and I'm using only a few different Telerik controls. Nevertheless, with each build I have many Telerik .dlls in my bin folders of controls I'm actually not using in my project. How can I remove these unused files? They're not referenced in my project.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!

Jana

Jana
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 28 Feb 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
DropDownList
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
ListView
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
Form
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
Menu
PropertyGrid
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
CommandBar
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
ListControl
Carousel
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
GanttView
New Product Suggestions
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
AutoCompleteBox
Label
VirtualGrid
ContextMenu
Spreadsheet
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
Documentation
SplitContainer
Map
DesktopAlert
ProgressBar
Rotator
TrackBar
MessageBox
CheckedDropDownList
SpinEditor
StatusStrip
CheckedListBox
Wizard
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
LayoutControl
DateTimePicker
CollapsiblePanel
Conversational UI, Chat
CAB Enabling Kit
TabbedForm
DataEntry
GroupBox
ScrollablePanel
WaitingBar
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
ColorDialog
FileDialogs
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
BindingNavigator
PopupEditor
RibbonForm
Styling
TaskBoard
Barcode
ColorBox
Callout
PictureBox
VirtualKeyboard
FilterView
Accessibility
DataLayout
NavigationView
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
Licensing
BreadCrumb
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
Overlay
Security
Separator
SparkLine
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
BarcodeView
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
Flyout
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron