Telerik Forums
UI for Universal Windows Platform Forum
3 answers
I am going to develop a software with Telerik. want to change the color in the visual stuido 2013 theme. Can anybody help to advise how can I achieve this?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2017
1 answer

Hello,

We are examining use of new UWP application as our target for all adopters of Windows 10 as it promises the next generation platform application development. While doing so we are also examining the backward compatibility if UWP controls are used with the previously developed application with Telerik Winforms. We want to if all the controls provided by winforms (Telerik.Wincontrols) are supported by UWP and wonder if there is any comparison document that exists for help in transitioning to UWP. Do the visual components and controls need to be rewritten with UWP paradigms ?  If so are there any guides available for helping in such transition (e.g. one to one map, alternative approaches to missing components etc.). Thank you for your kind help

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jun 2017
1 answer

Hi, I got a RadExpender with a Textbox that call a viewmodel function when I hit the EnterKey.

private void SourceLotTxt_KeyDown(object sender, KeyRoutedEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Key == VirtualKey.Enter)
    {
        _viewModel.SourceLotTxtEntered(SourceLotTxt.Text);
    }
}

In the ViewModel function I call an external service web to check if the text entered are valid (with an await call). In the Service call function when I run this line:

var response = await client.PostAsync(_baseWSBaultar.ToString(), content);

For an unknown reason, the RadExpander close is panes.

Any suggestion? Un bug in the RadExpander? I am on the last version 2017.2.502.45

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2017
1 answer
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to report a bug, but I couldn't find anywhere that seemed more appropriate. This week, we updated our UI For Universal Windows Platform to version 2017.2.502.1. After the update, any ComboBox control nested in the RadExpander control loses focus and closes the flyout immediately after opening. Switching back to 2017.1.301.1 solved the issue.
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2017
1 answer

Hi, I'm happily using the Telerik UI for UWP, but it seems like the nuget package is really outdated.

When do you think it's gonna get an update? 

This issue especially is bugging me: https://github.com/telerik/UI-For-UWP/issues/80

It's closed and fixed, nice, but the nuget package I'm using hasn't been updated since 10th februrary.

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2017
6 answers

Hello everyone,

I want to add expander control to my app.

What I want to achieve is the same thing as Denna app have for expanding content at the top of the app.

I don't care about the inner design of Denna expander. I only want to have the header for example with 1 image and 1 textblock and when i tap at the expanding icon at the bottom of the header I want that part to expand and show more info but to keep header visible. I want to add a new grid at the content part where I will put my design. When content is visible I still want expander icon to be at the bottom of expander. And when I click it again to only show header again.

I have tried to search for an example that will provide the answer to my needs for hours but I couldn't find anything that I wanted.

I would really appreciate help.

Thank you.

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2017
4 answers

Hi, 

Just wanted to check if Telerik provides html/JS based controls for UWP since the trial seems to have XAML based controls.

Avi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Feb 2017
10 answers

Hello,

I'm using the preview of the UWP library to build my app but I'm having some problems with the .Net Native compiler.

I can build the app in Debug mode and it runs perfectly fine, so I can confirm that this is not a problem with my code.

I posted a question on StackOverflow with the compiler errors I get when building a Store Package (and every time I compile using the .Net Native toolchain) with Visual Studio: .Net Native compiler crash - StackOverflow

I managed to get in contact with a guy from the Microsoft .Net Native team and I sent him a repro of the project, here is his answer:

"So you have a bunch of files in here that are *.rd.xml. I don’t actually think you need any of them except the one that is Properties\Default.rd.xml. The rd.xml files help provide hints to the native compiler about what kinds of things you’d like it to generate. In the case of the Telerik ones, it’s saying please provide Serialization code for all of my Telerik types. This is most likely unnecessary and, in fact, causing the serialization generator to choke and die horribly."

"Those rd.xml files are probably in the Telerik packages VS will only create a Default.rd.xml for new UWP applications not for class libraries. You can probably just delete them from the set of stuff you got from Telerik. I’m happy to talk to any Telerik folks about this if you have a contact you can point me to."

I tried to manually delete the *rd.xml files from the library folder, but then the app couldn't even compile in debug mode.

I was wondering if you were aware of this issue and/or if it has already been fixed in the upcoming first official release of the Telerik UWP library.

I've been working on an app for more than a month and I haven't been able to release a single beta due to this problem,I hope you guys can help me :)

I'll be happy to forward the email of the .Net Native guy to you if you want to talk to him about this issue.

Let me know if you need any other details and I'll be happy to help

Have a nice day!

Sergio

Pravin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Nov 2016
1 answer
Hellou...telerik doesnt wor in mozzila firefox :(
Why ?

https://ctrlv.cz/RI1j
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2016
1 answer

Hello community,

I know that Telerik UWP package does not include the Gatt control. Still I am wondering if the Gantt control from the WPF package can be used with UWP?

If someone has tried it, please share your experience.

Thank you :)

Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron