Telerik Forums
Test Studio Forum
1 answer

Hello

so i have a windows desktop program (not WPF) that should be launched with parameters and the recorder should start . i tried to put the parameters in the configure application path  tab, but it won't launch in this way,,

normaly i can launch the program like this in cmd : 

myprogram.exe -arg1=x -arg2=y

is there any method to launch the program with parameters in Telerik test studio ? (without parameters the program will display somthing else that i dont' want )

Thanks

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2023
0 answers

Is there a way in a coded step to accomplish the ELSE clause below?

LOOP (10) Times

IF element not present

Refresh to see if element becomes present

ELSE

Coded step to set for iteration to max so no more loops occur (or break out through other means without erroring)

Is there a way with a coded step to accomplish the ELSE clause above? I would like to fast-forward the LOOP iteration to the end by overriding the current iteration value with 10 once the element exists? Because of the required refresh, I can't just wait for it to exist.

I have workable solutions with both LOOP and WHILE, but both have drawbacks. The FOR doesn't require coded steps (only a simple coded step if the above ELSE is possible) but fills the log with iterations that don't do anything. The WHILE stops once my condition is met and doesn't do the excessive logging but requires far more complicated coded steps. This approach would be hard for me to teach to our test writers who, for the most part, are not code developers.

Thank you.

Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 27 Jan 2023
1 answer

Hi Team,
We are encountering this issue for quite a while now and have not been able to find a solution for the same.
We are trying to create a test list with 4-5 tests. All the tests were originally tested and all were passing, but after adding them to the list and running the list, we encounter issues in random steps spread throughout the entire list.
Even after debugging them, we face a different set of failures that weren't happening earlier. There also have been situations, where the entire list passed without any failure, but we are not able to understand the root cause for this inconsistency.
Is there any solution to resolve this behavior?

Thank You.

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I have testcases missing from my project folder, does anyone know how i can recover them?

0 answers
Basically as the title states, I haven't recorded tests for a month or two, and I came back and noticed test studio had to be updated. I updated the software and when I loaded my application, certain buttons were no longer picked up by the recorder. I had encountered this issue about 10 months ago but I simply used an older version to fix that issue. I tried installing that same version today but I could not. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 11 May 2022
1 answer
Hello, as the subject suggests, I tried using the capture browser function in one of my test lists, and the resulting image in the log file is not at all what I expected, it only captures the top left of my browser, is there any way to specify the parameters, has anyone else encountered this issue as well?
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2021
1 answer

I have an Angular Material Datepicker that has a couple of issues.  The Start input has been saddled with a dynamic id (Dp1623875848Text), and I cant remove it(dependency).

I was thinking, since it still had a name="date-start" attribute, I could tie it to DateStartText in my entity repository. So, before I journey down a long road of futility, is coded step an option for fixing this?

My second issue with the datepicker, it is inconsistent about making it into the capture. If I bypass the calendars and directly type in the dates, they show up in the capture. If I select it through the calendars, they wont show in the capture. I suspect this a timing issue, but the dates are in steps 2 and 3. So, I'm not sure how fix that.

Steve

Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron