Telerik Forums
Test Studio Forum
1 answer
I have 2 login test that are identical, the difference being the credentials used (internal vs external user). I will eventually data drive but for now I am hardcoding the credentials. The problem I am facing is when I update the credentials for one test, the credentials for the other gets updated as well. How do I make my updates applicable to just one test?
JR
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 22 Feb 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I have testcases missing from my project folder, does anyone know how i can recover them?

1 answer

Hello Telerik Team,

Could you please explain how we can change which browser the Storyboard recapture uses to grab the screenshots? Mine is stuck on Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) which was fine until recently as that was our application's required browser, but we've moved to Chrome & now certain tests fail during the recapture because that functionality is not supported by IE11. The test list is set to use Chrome & Chrome is set as the preferred browser, so I'm not sure which setting controls the Storyboard Recapture function. I've looked through the documentation, but can't find anything pointing me in the right direction. Any help is appreciated.  I'm running version 2019.3.1030.0.

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2022
1 answer

I'm currently unsure how to go about this. Take for instance this simplified version of the issue as shown in this series of tests as steps.

1. Log in as user A

2. Perform actions Q,R,S

3. Log out of user A's profile

4. Log in as user B

5. Perform actions T,U,V

6. Log out of user B's profile.

Currently, I don't have a way to let the application know that the second time the "Log in" test runs, it's supposed to use a different bit of data. If I have two rows of data for that test. It simply runs the entire list of tests (from 1-6) for each row. But I'd like for it to run only once, but using different data for each Log in.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2022
1 answer
Can we Build and run Test Studio in Jenkins CI deployed (.war) on a  server like tomcat? 
1 answer
Hello, as the subject suggests, I tried using the capture browser function in one of my test lists, and the resulting image in the log file is not at all what I expected, it only captures the top left of my browser, is there any way to specify the parameters, has anyone else encountered this issue as well?
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2021
1 answer

Hello,

I am currently trying to automate selecting a value from a dropdown to find a company by code (not a select). For example the company code may be WRC. If I type "WR" it goes from showing all the companies beginning with "W", to then all the companies beginning with "R". upon inspecting the element, its an input field, with an ID and Value properties, in light of this is there any way i can, through code or otherwise directly set the value of the input field without using the simulated typing?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 25 Aug 2021
1 answer
Hey, i'm trying to integrate test studio to work with my job's custom software. I am able to data bind select boxes, however with multi-select boxes i can't find an option to bind to data (even local data). Is there a way that this can be achieved out of the box? or do i have to write code for this (if i do can someone point me in the right direction please)? Thanks in advance
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2021
1 answer

Hi Team,

I have been working to configure Jenkins to execute Test studio test files but it is failing. 

I am following this URL : https://docs.telerik.com/teststudio/advanced-topics/build-server/jenkins-ci-plugin

I have set up Test runner configuration but It throws error like screenshot attached.

Error :

Running as SYSTEM Building on master in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\02_Login Scenarios Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Bin\ArtOfTest.Runner.exe" test="C:\Dev\OnTime\Scheduler\WebTests\System Regression\02_Login Scenarios\Success Login.tstest" root="C:\Dev\OnTime\Scheduler\WebTests\System Regression\02_Login Scenarios" out="C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\02_Login Scenarios\TestStudioResults" result="TestStudioResults-1624407009049.junitstep" junitstep Command output: Error: unrecognized or incomplete command line. Unsupported argument 'junitstep'!

I also tried to use other Path to root folder which has settings.aiis but same error.

Please help !

Thanks you in advance.

Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron