Telerik Forums
Test Studio Forum
1 answer

Hopefully, one last question. This scenario has happened a few times.  My test will error on a step. I find it in the DOM, and add some more attributes to the find expression. TS says it found my element. I re-run my test and it will fail on the same step again. I look at the find expression and it is the one I defined, and TS validated. So, why the failure. 

Steve

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jul 2021
1 answer

I have made several tests with no issue. However, on playback , it seems to be a different story. For instance, I will play a test which fails at Step 25. I mark it as Run to Here and start it again, so I can investigate.  This time, the test fails at Step 16 and never reaches 25. This has happened to me several times, but have not been able to figure out the issue.

I am currently working on a wizard navigation piece that spans across 2 domains. At the halfway point, the first domain (abc.domain.com) redirects to another server with the second domain (xyz.domain.com). In case it matters. The tests seem to fall apart after the domain switch.

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2021
1 answer

Hi Team,

I have been working to configure Jenkins to execute Test studio test files but it is failing. 

I am following this URL : https://docs.telerik.com/teststudio/advanced-topics/build-server/jenkins-ci-plugin

I have set up Test runner configuration but It throws error like screenshot attached.

Error :

Running as SYSTEM Building on master in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\02_Login Scenarios Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Test Studio\Bin\ArtOfTest.Runner.exe" test="C:\Dev\OnTime\Scheduler\WebTests\System Regression\02_Login Scenarios\Success Login.tstest" root="C:\Dev\OnTime\Scheduler\WebTests\System Regression\02_Login Scenarios" out="C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\02_Login Scenarios\TestStudioResults" result="TestStudioResults-1624407009049.junitstep" junitstep Command output: Error: unrecognized or incomplete command line. Unsupported argument 'junitstep'!

I also tried to use other Path to root folder which has settings.aiis but same error.

Please help !

Thanks you in advance.

1 answer

I have an Angular Material Datepicker that has a couple of issues.  The Start input has been saddled with a dynamic id (Dp1623875848Text), and I cant remove it(dependency).

I was thinking, since it still had a name="date-start" attribute, I could tie it to DateStartText in my entity repository. So, before I journey down a long road of futility, is coded step an option for fixing this?

My second issue with the datepicker, it is inconsistent about making it into the capture. If I bypass the calendars and directly type in the dates, they show up in the capture. If I select it through the calendars, they wont show in the capture. I suspect this a timing issue, but the dates are in steps 2 and 3. So, I'm not sure how fix that.

Steve

2 answers

Hello Team,

I am trying to execute Test Studio API Project from Jenkins. For that  I have followed this https://docs.telerik.com/teststudio-apis/advanced-topics/ci-server-integration#jenkins-plugin  but can't see 'Test Studio for API runner configuratio'

1. Copied  teststudio.hpi to jenkins plugin folder

2. Re-start Jenkins

3. I have created 'Free style project'

4. Add build step -> Can't find 'Test Studio for API runner configuration'

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

William
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 22 Jun 2021
0 answers

Sorry,

I'm  having trouble getting TTS to capture an input field. It was working earlier exactly as it should. I was thinking that I did something to the Element Repository.   

Do you have any documentation about modularity of tests?

Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 15 Jun 2021
0 answers

Hi,

I want to run multiple projects in which one has data.I can able to execute the project with hard code data but unable to use external data between projects.

Archana
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 04 Jun 2021
1 answer

hi,

I'm trying to add coded step from step builder.Using telerik test studio plugin in visual studio professional 2019.

Empty step builder only displayed.I have tried to reinstall all the setup many times.But no luck kindly support me to resolve this issue.

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2021
1 answer

Hi, 

I have Databinding to my tests which picks the data from the excel or from localdata of the test. But databinding is not working when running in headless mode. 

Could you Please let me know if there are someways to fix this ? Thanks!

Regards,

Nithya A.

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2021
1 answer

Is it possible to be able to distribute a test list (like you can from remote execution) from Test Studio but calling it from Azure DevOps?
https://docs.telerik.com/teststudio/advanced-topics/build-server/azure-devops

Following the instructions mentioned above, it doesn't appear to provide insight to that.  Is there anyway to still leverage that functionality from the command line?

Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron