Telerik Forums
Test Studio Forum
1 answer
I have 2 login test that are identical, the difference being the credentials used (internal vs external user). I will eventually data drive but for now I am hardcoding the credentials. The problem I am facing is when I update the credentials for one test, the credentials for the other gets updated as well. How do I make my updates applicable to just one test?
JR
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 22 Feb 2023
1 answer
Hi! My team and I are testing our interface in Test Studio through execution engine in the command prompt . Currently, we have a question and we wanted to know if there's a way to change the test executable through the command line. 
We wanted to change some existing parameters in our interface. For example, our_program.exe -testmode
It would be very useful for us if we could do something like this.
We are also having some issues with controls switching places frequently. Suddenly, our test script breaks and the script begins to recognize other controls. Is there an update that fixes this?
Thank you!
Tsvetko
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2023
1 answer

We are facing some issues, some of them are: in our interface, there is a DataGrid with multiple rows. When this DataGrid passes a certain number "x" of rows (we haven't figured out the number yet), the TestStudio takes a long time to become "ready to record" and frequently identifies the wrong control. Another issue: Telerik recognizes controls that do not match the parameters inserted in the script as correct. For example, a "Quantity" field recognized in a "X" field as correct.

What is the criteria for the fields? What could be the reason for this failure to be recorded as correct in the script?

Thanks!

Tsvetko
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2023
1 answer

Hello guys,

I didn't found any documentation how to change the Base URL externally in a continous integration process alias:
We want to run our test on different enviroments depending on our Azure Devops Build (Develop, Test / QA, Production). 
Is there a way to achieve this behaivor? 

I hope you can help me out! Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Louis Mehring

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2023
2 answers

Hey guys,

we currently want to achieve that screenshots of failed tests/test steps will be provided in the test results in Azure DevOps pipeline. Is there possible way to achieve this?

Part of our yaml code if needed:

jobs:
      - job: Test
        displayName: Testing Application
        steps:
              - task: CmdLine@2
                inputs:
                  script: |
                    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Test Studio\Bin\ArtOfTest.Runner.exe" list="$(Build.Repository.LocalPath)\$(testList)" junit out=$(Common.TestResultsDirectory)	
                continueOnError: true
                condition: ne(variables.testList, '') 
              - task: PublishTestResults@2
                inputs:
                  testResultsFormat: 'JUnit'
                  testResultsFiles: '$(Common.TestResultsDirectory)\**.xml'
                  failTaskOnFailedTests: true
                  testRunTitle: 'Acceptance Test'
                  publishRunAttachments: true
                condition: ne(variables.testList, '')

Thanks and regards,

Daniel

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2023
1 answer
Has anyone seen this error?  What has been the issue or remediation on it? (Have you contacted support and what did they say?).

Fred Zimmerman
Lead Test Automation Engineer
Owens & Minor
Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2023
2 answers

Hey guys,

currently we're trying to integrate our tests in azure devops pipeline. We want to achieve that the testlist we're running will stop on failure. How can we do that?

I've found the documentation here but it only describes the solution for the desktop application. Not if we want to achieve this behavior in Visual Studio or in Azure Devops pipeline.

Thanks and regards,

Daniel

1 answer

Hey guys, 

we facing a problem while setting up our continious integration test using Azure Devops & Test Studio (ArtofTestRunner). 

Since we are using mouse events to navigate through the website to test our UI, our testserver screen needs to be unlocked the whole time during the tests, correct? There is no other option (Link here)?

Since it's a virtual machine this isn't possible without connecting via remote session before every build which isnt really practical. 

I hope you guys can help us out setting up a test enviroment which works 

Best regards,

Daniel

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2023
1 answer
I am seeing test list that has been changed but not displaying the changes in the UI. So I created a test list and a coworker updated the list and I'm not seeing the updated list in Telerik. But when I run the test remotely I'm seeing the udpated version of the test. I've tried dropping the test list from the mongo db but that doesn't do anything to the UI in Telerik.
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2022
1 answer

I have setup a test where page elements are data bound and the test is to navigate to each of the 134 pages accessible from the menu bar in our system and verify the page successfully loads by interrogating the page title. I regularly find that 1 iteration fails for transient reasons and it is subsequently successful on a second test.

I have enabled the option to "Rerun Failed Tests" and while this works, it would be ideal if it only reruns the failed iteration rather than the entire list of 134 iterations. Is there a mechanism available to rerun only the failed iteration?

If retesting just the failed iteration is not possible at the test list level, is there a way to setup my test in a for loop with two iterations, only performing the second iteration on failure of the first, and failing the test only if both iterations fail?

Thank you.

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron