Telerik Forums
Testing Framework Forum
0 answers

One of the activities I will be working on in the lab is a test framework. A few examples of features are:
*  Basic instrument control (E.g. Multimeters, Power supplies, Signal generators, Scopes, etc.);
*  Executing preprogrammed test sequences (created by one of the test engineers);
*  Register control over multiple data interfaces (JTAG, SPI, etc.)
The exact implementations of the different mentioned features are not important at the moment. However, important is that I do not know exactly how this program will be expanded in the future. New interfaces may have to be added, or different functionalities are needed to support the increasing complexity of our test cases.
a)  Please try to explain some important structures or methods to cope with these expansions in general.
b)  Can you think of any methods to make it easier for the test engineers to compose above mentioned test sequences?
c)  What techniques would you use to develop such a program? (Programming language, framework(s), tools, etc.). Please explain your answer.

Can anyone please help me by providing a short/simple answers for those questions? Thanks in advance!

Filip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Aug 2019
0 answers
Hello,

This is in regards to support ticket 910420.
Humberto
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 31 Mar 2015
0 answers
See
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 21 Jan 2014
0 answers
Hello,

I'm trying to set the Find Strategy to return null to check if a popup window pops up when a user do a certain action. It works for the Navigating to "http://localhost:1314/MSP/default.aspx#lul" alone, but when I test the btnMap click, I get a null reference exception.

Thanks - Joe

UPDATE: I just caught the exception and work my way around it, no more problems!

[TestMethod()]
public void CheckAllTabs()
{

//Elements
    _HyperlinkButton btnMap = myApp.FindName<HyperlinkButton>("btnMap");

System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(3500);
    btnMap.User.Click();
    TestErrorPage();

myManager.ActiveBrowser.NavigateTo("http://localhost:1314/MSP/default.aspx#lul");
    TestErrorPage();

}

//Checks for popup error Message
public void TestErrorPage()
{
    FindStrategy originalStrategy = myApp.Popups.FirstOrDefault().VisualTree.Find.Strategy;
    try
    {
        myApp.RefreshVisualTrees();

//null reference exception occurs
        myApp.Popups.FirstOrDefault().VisualTree.Find.Strategy = FindStrategy.WhenNotVisibleReturnNull;

Button OKButton = myApp.Popups.FirstOrDefault().VisualTree.Find.ByName<Button>("OKButton");
        Assert.IsNull(OKButton);
    }

finally
    {
        myApp.Popups.FirstOrDefault().VisualTree.Find.Strategy = originalStrategy;
    }

}
Joe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Jun 2012
0 answers
Please ignore
Saket
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 17 Nov 2011
0 answers
Hello

I had recorded a test case with RadWindow, I could Record selecting dropdown menu, typing text in text area, and clicking buttons but When I execute same test case on the, build System (integration Server environment).
My test case getting Aborted on appering the RadWindow, no action is performed just waiting for long time and aborting all the test cases.

I recorded same test case on the Build system also but still I am not abel to run.

can you please help me to handle the this in  .aii testcases.

Ravi
ravi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Apr 2011
0 answers
Hi,

I have three virtual machines with windows server 2003. First have Ie6,
second IE7 and the last one IE8 installed browser. All of them have Chrome,
Safari and FireFox.
I configured all browsers (particulary IE) with document from your website.

When I run simple test in all browsers, it only works in FF, safari and
chrome. In IE (in all version) I have only blank page.
I  disabled IE ESC in all machines, but it still doesn’t work.

In using Webaii framework 2010.3.1307.0 version 

My test code:
//...
//settings
Manager.LaunchNewBrowser(BrowserType.InternetExplorer, true,
ProcessWindowStyle.Maximized); browser = Manager.Browsers[0]; browser.NavigateTo("http://www.google.com";);
browser.Close();

ag

I changed webaii version from 2010.3.1307 to 2010.3.1421 and now it's working on IE7 and IE8.
ag

Aga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 24 Mar 2011
0 answers
Ignore, I've figured it out.
automation
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 Nov 2010
0 answers
hi All,

I am using WeAii 2.0 framework. I have a scenario where windows logon dialog box appears twice for authentication on accessing test website. First time dialog box is handled  but it reappears again and script fails to handle it again.
Below is the lines of code included in script

Manager.DialogMonitor.AddDialog(

LogonDialog.CreateLogonDialog(ActiveBrowser, <USerNMame>, <passwod>, DialogButton.OK));

Manager.DialogMonitor.Start();

ActiveBrowser.NavigateTo(

"URL");

Any idea how to resolve this issue.
Suggestion appreciated :)

Thanks in advance 
Regards,
Mahendra

Mahendra Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Sep 2010
0 answers
After every test I run with WebAii as soon as I close the browser or clean up the test I get the following exception :

---- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ----
Thread Name: RemotedAsyncCommandListener
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
   at ArtOfTest.WebAii.Messaging.Process.BrowserRemoted.AsyncListener()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I get this even though the test itself has passed.

I would like to hide this exception or at least not display in the console.writeline as it suggests the test has failed when it has not.

I have tried playing with various settings including lots of configurations like Initialize(settings, new TestContextWriteLine(WriteLine));

I have also tried catching the ThreadAbortException but it seems this is already being caught inside the WebAii internals and then the above log gets written each time.
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Jun 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron