Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
Hello

I have these rows of data coming from DataSource example is in the attached file image

- Want to do some math expressions of every row like Subtraction(BRUTO - DESCUENTO) and show the value in NETO painted in the pink line and circle for individual rows of data.
- I tried to use the expressions SUM(DOC_UNID_BRUTO) and SUM(DOC_UNID_DESCUENTO) try to get the Total SUM of these fields but are just getting the individual first value.
- And the last thing is I want to do a subtraction of the total of NETO and DESCUENTO in the last bottom right corner
1 answer

Greetings! 

I'm trying to run the DatabaseCacheConfigurator.exe, select a PostgreSQL target backend, and create schema. I first ran into an issue where the Npgsql database provider was "not installed properly". I seem to have resolved that by installing what appears to be the last version of the Npgsql MSI (GAC) provider version 4.1.8.

This gets me past the not "installed properly" message, but now I receive the following:

Database driver installation problem: Cannot use factory for PostgreSql. Could not load type 'NpgsqlTypes.NpgsqlTimeZone' from assembly 'Npgsql, version=4.1.8.0.....

The full stack trace is in the attached screenshot.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!
Bryan

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2024
0 answers

I have a report with two data sources. There is not anything complicated about my report, but I do have 18 Report Parameters. The report takes a good 5 minutes to generate. When I performed a SQL trace, the first query is sent to the server repeatedly, (this is the slow-down) whereas the the other query is sent just once. Why is it doing this? Report is attached.

Thanks!

0 answers

I'm trying to achieve something in a report, and I'm getting nowhere and beginning to wonder whether I'm doing this all wrong.

As a data source for my report, I have a CLR object; It has the following structure (specifically the Bundle object):

public class Bundle
    {
        public uint BatchId { get; set; }
        public uint BundleId { get; set; }
        public List<BundleItem> Items { get; set; } = new List<BundleItem>();
    }

public class BundleItem
    {
        public uint CheckNo { get; set; }
        public string ReceivedFrom { get; set; }
        public string Bank { get; set; }
        public string Memo { get; set; }
        public decimal Amount { get; set; }
        public ushort AccountNo { get; set; }
        public string AccountDescription { get; set; }
#if NET6_0
        public DateOnly ContribDate {get;set;}
#else
        public string ContribDate { get; set; }
#endif
        public ushort PaymentType { get; set; }
        public DateTime EntryDateTime { get; set; }
    }

I'm able to instantiate that object, and want to pass it off to a report to render; it's a complicated scenario regarding how that CLR object is instantiated, so I'm not able to use something like a SqlDataSource, so I'm assuming the correct data source type to use is an objectDataSource. That side of things so far is working (as best as I can tell):

I need to build two different reports from this data: one that aggregates the BundleItems (contained in the Items property), and one that displays the list of BundleItems and their fields. I can drag-drop [= Fields.BatchId] and [= Fields.BundleId] to the report designer (I'm using VS integrated designer) and that works fine. I'm binding the datasource to the report via:

BundleReport report = new ();
report.DataSource = (object)_detailsList;
ReportViewer1.ReportSource = report;
ReportViewer1.ViewMode = ViewMode.PrintPreview;
ReportViewer1.RefreshReport();

That causes the report to open and display successfully. Success so far! 

The problems I'm having are related to the List<BundleItems>; no matter what I do the ReportViewer is just (I'm guessing) calling .ToString() on the list and getting back the type name. This has left me to wonder if I'm trying to do something that's just not supported; is there a way for me to visualize a List<BundleItem> in a report directly? Does it have to be done via a sub report? I'm feeling lost - and wondering if I'm just trying to achieve something that it's not really designed for (I know the old ReportViewer WinForm control hated working with anything other than DataSets).

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

0 answers

Getting an error, while using method. What can be the reason ? 

Version using:  "Assembly RadGridReportingLite, Version=1.10.2.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

Dim report As New RadGridReport("")

report.ReportFormShow(Me, Me.rgvPrint)

Error Details

System.MissingMethodException
  HResult=0x80131513
  Message=Method not found: 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.MasterGridViewTemplate Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.get_MasterGridViewTemplate()'.
  Source=RadGridReportingLite
  StackTrace:
   at RadGridReportingLite.RadGridReport.GetRowHeight(RadGridView grid)
   at RadGridReportingLite.RadGridReport.GetGridDimensions(RadGridView grid)
   at RadGridReportingLite.RadGridReport.ReportFormShow(IWin32Window owner, RadGridView radGridView)
   at AdecBkOfficeAdmin.frmReportft.PrintMethodNew()
0 answers

Hi Friends,

I am unable to render the  Telerik Report in the .net core App.

ReportSource report = new InvoiceTest(); //calling from the dll
                    report.Parameters.Add("id", 1);
                    report.Parameters.Add("UserId", invoice.userId);

RenderingResult result  = reportProcessor.RenderReport("PDF", report,null);

if (!result.HasErrors)
                    {
                        string fileName = result.DocumentName + "." + result.Extension;
                        string path = System.IO.Path.GetTempPath();
                        string filePath = System.IO.Path.Combine(path, fileName);

using (System.IO.FileStream fs = new System.IO.FileStream(filePath, System.IO.FileMode.Create))
                        {
                            fs.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length);
                        }
                    }

My error message like :

InnerException = {"Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0."}

your help on this would be greatly appreciated

1 answer

We're building an Azure Web App using an Azure SQL Server database.  It will incorporate Telerik Reporting.  We have no plans to use Report Server at this time.  The target framework is .NET Core 3.1.

Currently, we're building reports using the standalone desktop report designer, with SQL data source connections.  The intention is to integrate these as another project in the solution at a later date.

Is this the best way to proceed?    Are we better off using the EntityDataSource component? 

More to the point, what are the architectural decision criteria and best practice patters for this kind of development?  Where might I find them documented?

For example, we could set up a data access layer as a separate project in the solution, and then it could be built as an external assembly to make it available for designing reports.  This would have the great benefit of decoupling the database from the solution and providing a single common interface to the data for all projects (and indeed, any future other solutions).

But it is clearly more work.  What are the criteria to choose the approach to use?

Should we even be using the standalone report designer?  Should we be using the Visual Studio Report Designer instead?  I do understand that we currently can't use this, but I also understand that .NET Core 3.1 support is coming real soon now.  (Roughly when, please?)

When should we use the HTML5 Report Viewer and when should we use the HTML5 ASP.NET MVC Report Viewer?  What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

Again, what is the best pattern, the recommended approach?  And using what criteria?

I realise I'm asking a set of very open-ended architectural questions; I'm hoping that you might provide some general guidance here as it would certainly be extremely useful for us right now, and quite likely for a lot of other folk in the future.

Best wishes, Donna Kelly

1 answer

Hi,

Web Service Data Source has parameters as you can see from the picture below. We can define design-time value for the parameters. The design-time values help us during designing our report (for example, we can see selected properties from standalone & web report designer). In our case, we also need to modify some report programmatically, we need to create new web service data source or update existed one. 

The question is how to set design-time value for a parameter of web service data source programmatically? 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Nov 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I have created a cross tab report with Snowflake ODBC as a data source and it works perfectly fine in Telerik Report Designer, when I click on preview I could see the data being fetched from my snowflake database.

I have snowflake DSN setup on my machine with name "SFDevAdmin"

But when I host it in .Net 5 as REST API and trying to render it in HTML I get connection error I think I need to specify the connection string in my asp.net application and I did it like this in my appsettings.json

"connectionStrings": {
    "SFODBC": "Data Source=SFDevAdmin"
  }

but I am getting below error 

Could you please help me on this to make odbc connection work when hosted in asp.net 5 application 

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?