Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hi,

I would like to use/not use a parameter as a filter depending on the user entered value. If it's 0 then I want to ignore the filter.

Here is my configuration in report designer.

Essentially I want to achieve this:

SQL if parameter  aualtranpstper= 0 then 

pst_yer = parameter aualtranpstyer

SQL if parameter  aualtranpstper<>0

pst_yer = parameter aualtranpstyer and pst_per = parameter aualtranpstper

What should my value column in this screen look like?

I posted the same question after reading here https://www.telerik.com/forums/conditional-filtering-and-to-skip-filter-on-empty-report-parameters#205578 but thought it better to create new question.

Thanks for your help.

AW

1 answer

I wish to integrate a telerik report viewer into a blazor application (I am using Dot net 6.0).. I have set up a Reporting Server also using Dot net 6.0
I wish to use Oracle db as the data Source of my application
I have tried the following steps

1.Opened the default Telerik.ReportDesigner

2.Clicked on new and added the datasource

3.Selected Sql Data Source

4.Clicked on build new connection and selected OracleClient Data Provider

5.Chose build option

6. In the Data Source clicked on change and selected  .Net Framework Data provider for Ole Db (as the other one is shown as deprecated)

7. Filled the feilds and when cliked on test connection, it is showing " The  'MSDORA' provider is not registered on the local machine"

I looked into the issue and tried shifting to Telerik.ReportDesigner x86 application

I followed the same steps as above and when i clicked on "test connection", it is showing an error  "Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version on 7.3.3 or later client software installation.Provider is unable to function until these components are installed"

which application should i use and is there any solution to get rid of this error
Kindly provide as solution for this
I am using Oracle Db version "Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production"

my connection string is like "Data Source={111.111.1.11:2222};User Id={useid};Password={pass}"

1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik Support,

I am trying to format an Averaged date & time between two values as HH:MM:SS (see screenshot). However, when I used the format Date & Time value for HH:MM:SS it gives me the following error (see screenshot) How can I fix this as I do not want the milliseconds at the end and it seems to keep adding it.

(Average Combined Time)

(Error After formatting it to HH:MM:SS ({0:hh:mm:ss})

Thank you!

1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik,

I run a report for the previous month at the beginning of every month. In example, Today's Month is April- I run the report for the entire Month of March. How can I create a Text field within Telerik that will show the previous month in example March and updates every month so if I run it May 1st it'll show April etc..?

I've tried the following functions but kept getting an error. (see screenshot)

= Today(AddMonths() -1)

1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik Forums,

Somehow, while messing with my Parameters I made a parameter within the Telerik Standalone report designer as a Text field. Where instead of selecting something displaying. it allowed you to type in your request. I did not need that at the time so I erased my parameter and started again. Now I am needing to know how to replicate this so that I can have someone type in one of the fields (in example an employee number).

How can I accomplish this again?

Thank you!

1 answer

Hi,

I am using Standalone Telerik Report Designer and trying to input a data into text box highlighted with red square (refer the attachment). I was inserting the textbox directly (look blue arrow) without inserting a table first as pageHeaderSection cannot be inserted with table. However, I found that No data source shown in the data explorer. Can someone guide me on how to input data into the textbox directly without inserting table first?

Thank you.

1 answer

We're building an Azure Web App using an Azure SQL Server database.  It will incorporate Telerik Reporting.  We have no plans to use Report Server at this time.  The target framework is .NET Core 3.1.

Currently, we're building reports using the standalone desktop report designer, with SQL data source connections.  The intention is to integrate these as another project in the solution at a later date.

Is this the best way to proceed?    Are we better off using the EntityDataSource component? 

More to the point, what are the architectural decision criteria and best practice patters for this kind of development?  Where might I find them documented?

For example, we could set up a data access layer as a separate project in the solution, and then it could be built as an external assembly to make it available for designing reports.  This would have the great benefit of decoupling the database from the solution and providing a single common interface to the data for all projects (and indeed, any future other solutions).

But it is clearly more work.  What are the criteria to choose the approach to use?

Should we even be using the standalone report designer?  Should we be using the Visual Studio Report Designer instead?  I do understand that we currently can't use this, but I also understand that .NET Core 3.1 support is coming real soon now.  (Roughly when, please?)

When should we use the HTML5 Report Viewer and when should we use the HTML5 ASP.NET MVC Report Viewer?  What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

Again, what is the best pattern, the recommended approach?  And using what criteria?

I realise I'm asking a set of very open-ended architectural questions; I'm hoping that you might provide some general guidance here as it would certainly be extremely useful for us right now, and quite likely for a lot of other folk in the future.

Best wishes, Donna Kelly

1 answer

Hi,

I have created a cross tab report with Snowflake ODBC as a data source and it works perfectly fine in Telerik Report Designer, when I click on preview I could see the data being fetched from my snowflake database.

I have snowflake DSN setup on my machine with name "SFDevAdmin"

But when I host it in .Net 5 as REST API and trying to render it in HTML I get connection error I think I need to specify the connection string in my asp.net application and I did it like this in my appsettings.json

"connectionStrings": {
    "SFODBC": "Data Source=SFDevAdmin"
  }

but I am getting below error 

Could you please help me on this to make odbc connection work when hosted in asp.net 5 application 

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?