Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hi,

We have a requirement to create a report using the "Standalone Report Designer". We just want to open the standalone reporting tool from our desktop application at a button click and allow user to create their own reports. For that we have to pass the content of the report from the desktop application to the standalone tool. We tried to pass the argument in "Process.Start" Method. But we got an error message as in the attached image. 

Could you please help us to work on the standalone Report Designer tool with  C# WPF desktop application?

We want to know how the below items will be work.
1) How to open the standalone report designer programmatically (C#)?
2) How to pass the content from C# to the tool?

Thank You !

1 answer

Hi,

I would like to use/not use a parameter as a filter depending on the user entered value. If it's 0 then I want to ignore the filter.

Here is my configuration in report designer.

Essentially I want to achieve this:

SQL if parameter  aualtranpstper= 0 then 

pst_yer = parameter aualtranpstyer

SQL if parameter  aualtranpstper<>0

pst_yer = parameter aualtranpstyer and pst_per = parameter aualtranpstper

What should my value column in this screen look like?

I posted the same question after reading here https://www.telerik.com/forums/conditional-filtering-and-to-skip-filter-on-empty-report-parameters#205578 but thought it better to create new question.

Thanks for your help.

AW

1 answer

Hi:

In blazor I have a list of dtos, I want to assing it to a report similar to the process in wpf. How can i Accomplish it? is posible?

I Try with a custom resolver in the server side, but I have to send the thada from the balzor layer to the custom resolver and im not sure if is a good idea.

Thanks in advance.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2023
1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik Support,

I am trying to format an Averaged date & time between two values as HH:MM:SS (see screenshot). However, when I used the format Date & Time value for HH:MM:SS it gives me the following error (see screenshot) How can I fix this as I do not want the milliseconds at the end and it seems to keep adding it.

(Average Combined Time)

(Error After formatting it to HH:MM:SS ({0:hh:mm:ss})

Thank you!

1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik,

I run a report for the previous month at the beginning of every month. In example, Today's Month is April- I run the report for the entire Month of March. How can I create a Text field within Telerik that will show the previous month in example March and updates every month so if I run it May 1st it'll show April etc..?

I've tried the following functions but kept getting an error. (see screenshot)

= Today(AddMonths() -1)

1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik Forums,

Somehow, while messing with my Parameters I made a parameter within the Telerik Standalone report designer as a Text field. Where instead of selecting something displaying. it allowed you to type in your request. I did not need that at the time so I erased my parameter and started again. Now I am needing to know how to replicate this so that I can have someone type in one of the fields (in example an employee number).

How can I accomplish this again?

Thank you!

1 answer

I'm investigating the viability of embedding reports using the HTML5/Angular report viewers and using Report Server to manage and render the reports.

The reports will contain confidential information, so we need to ensure that report rendering/retrieval requests are secure.

Using the guest account or putting report server credentials in plain text in the client-side Javascript is not an option.

Ideally, we would like to send the report parameters to the report server in an encrypted manner (Using only SSL is susceptible to man-in-the-middle attacks).

What are our options for using custom authentication tokens with Report Server or putting a reverse proxy in front of Report Server to secure the embedding requests?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 answers

Hi all,

Some times we are getting above attached errors when generating reports. after pressing refresh button the report will load correctly. we are using .net 6 app to show the report viewer.

Are there any solutions to fix my issue. If any one want more information please comment below..
Thank you

Mail
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 21 Jul 2022
1 answer

How use deviceInfo(Javascript) to export a PDF file protected (no copy) but with print?

How use set allowContentExtraction=false and allowPrinting in javascript?

1 answer

안녕하세요, 보고서 디자이너에서 subReport를 검색하는 방법으로 CSVDataSource를 사용하고 있습니다. CSVDataSource는 메인 리포트의 ReportParameter를 이용하여 값을 지정하므로 subReport의 ReportSource는 '=Parameters.SubReport Value'가 됩니다. 또한 Telerik에서 제공하는 ReportConnectionStringManager 클래스를 사용하여 소스 코드의 ConnectionString도 변경하려고 합니다. ReportConnectionStringManager 클래스는 SubReport의 ReportSource를 사용하지만 실제 매개변수 값을 가져오지 못하고 '= Parameters.SubReport.Value' 문자열을 가져와서 오류가 발생합니다. 문제를 처리하는 방법을 회신해 주시면 감사하겠습니다. 고맙습니다.

CC :  https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/knowledge-base/change-the-connection-string-dynamically-according-to-runtime-data#description

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?