Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
I have a scenario where I have multiple components, including tables, panels with textboxes, and charts/graphs. I want to add a page break after a specific panel to ensure that it appears on the new page regardless of the size of the content on the previous page. I do not see any straightforward way to do this, and the keepTogether property doesn't always work.
1 answer

In https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/getting-started/first-steps-designing#step-2-create-the-sample-report in step 3, "Click Next to execute the query and the Execute Query... button on the next screen to preview the result. Then, click Finish." (selecting Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.Properties.Settings.TelerikConnectionString), I get this error message:

Configure SQL Data Source - sqlDataSource1

An error has occurred.
Parameter information cannot be retrieved: Connection
Timeout Expired, The timeout period elapsed while
attempting to consume the pre-login handshake
acknowledgement, This could be because the pre-login
handshake failed or the server was unable to respond back in
time. The duration spent while attempting to connect to this
server was - [Pre-Login] initialization=15089;
handshake=7147;

I have the same problem when trying to create a new connection.

Turning off the Windows Defender firewall for private network and trying again:

Configure SQL Data Source - sqlDataSource3
An error has occurred.
Parameter information cannot be retrieved: Cannot open
database AdventureWorks• requested by the login. The login
failed.
Login failed for user 'xxx•.

Turning on the firewall again, and I still get "The login
failed"

See screenshots.

In the c:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik Reporting 2024 Q1\Examples\Data\AdventureWorks OLTP\ folder, there is an instawdb.sql that creates and populates the AdventureWorks db. There is no AdventureWorks db in my local SQL server installation. Should I/can I run this script manually?

Or am I doing something else wrong?

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2024
1 answer

Hi,

We have a requirement to create a report using the "Standalone Report Designer". We just want to open the standalone reporting tool from our desktop application at a button click and allow user to create their own reports. For that we have to pass the content of the report from the desktop application to the standalone tool. We tried to pass the argument in "Process.Start" Method. But we got an error message as in the attached image. 

Could you please help us to work on the standalone Report Designer tool with  C# WPF desktop application?

We want to know how the below items will be work.
1) How to open the standalone report designer programmatically (C#)?
2) How to pass the content from C# to the tool?

Thank You !

1 answer

I have a bunch of reports that were created in .net framework 4.7.2 using the Visual Studio report designer (created as .cs files).  I'm upgrading the solution to .net 6.

I've updated to the correct nuget packages for Telerik winforms and Telerik Reporting, and from what I've read, I need to convert all those reports to a format that will work in the standalone report designer.

I moved all the reports to their own class library, built the solution, an then tried to open that library's .dll file in the standalone designer as described here:

https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/designing-reports/report-designer-tools/desktop-designers/standalone-report-designer/how-to-import-reports-created-with-the-vs-report-designer

Every time, I get an error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException... System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter, Version=6.0.0.0... The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot find any reference to that in the report files, and I can't find any verion 6.0.0.0 for .net 6 out there to even install.  I did try adding a package reference to a .net std verion, but it's 4.x from 2016.

How can I get past this error so the report can be imported?

1 answer

We have a custom report screen that uses multiple reporting frameworks to render reports as files (typically Excel). The available reports are loaded dynamically at runtime, the user picks a report which retrieves and displays the report parameters for the users to enter values, and then the report can be rendered to the file type that they choose.

We will be creating single reports (.trdp files) and report books (.trbp files) and uploading those onto the server for use with this screen. We are currently using the R1 2023 Reporting framework. Our application is written in c# and uses .NET Framework 4.8.

I have almost everything working with the Telerik framework but cannot find anywhere to create a ReportBook object from a .trbp file. The closest I found was this forum post (https://www.telerik.com/forums/reportbook-by-path-name)and this article on Deserializing from XML (https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/embedding-reports/program-the-report-definition/serialize-report-definition-in-xml). This does not work and I assume things have totally changed given the post was over 10 years old.

Using the code below gives the exception "Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1." The .trbp file that we are attempting to load was designed using the Telerik Standalone Report Designer.

var reportBook = new Telerik.Reporting.ReportBook();

using (System.IO.FileStream stream = new System.IO.FileStream(reportPath, System.IO.FileMode.Open))
{
    Telerik.Reporting.XmlSerialization.ReportXmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new Telerik.Reporting.XmlSerialization.ReportXmlSerializer();                    
    reportBook = (Telerik.Reporting.ReportBook)xmlSerializer.Deserialize(stream);
}

Is it possible to load a .trbp file into a ReportBook object? If so, how?

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer

I have a report that I have populated programmatically with data.  The data in the detail section populates correctly.  I recently introduced a group into the report, but when I add a field (one of the detail fields) to the new group, the field is always blank.  I feel like there's some missing piece to setting the group values, but I can't find any examples online that mirror my scenario.

Here's how the report looks in the designer:

Here's the group configuration:

Here's where I'm setting the data into the table:

var table = report.Items.Find(pair.Key, true)[0] as Table;
                        if (table != null)
                        {
                            table.DataSource = data; // data is an List<Model>
                        }

The report doesn't actually group and the field in the group header is empty:

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Feb 2023
1 answer

Hi, 

I am trying to print a 2 page document. However, only the first page is printed.

When I render the report with reportProcessor.RenderReport and write the rendered report to a PDF. This PDF has two pages, as expected . (However, the printed document is only 1 page long... )

I use the following code to print:

PrinterSettings printerSettings = new PrinterSettings
            {
                PrinterName = printerName,
                PrintRange = PrintRange.AllPages,
                MinimumPage = 0,
                MaximumPage = 1000,
                FromPage = 0,
                PrintToFile = false
            };
            PrintController standardPrintController = new StandardPrintController();
            ReportProcessor reportProcessor = new ReportProcessor
            {
                PrintController = standardPrintController
            };
            reportProcessor.PrintReport(reportSource, printerSettings, Globals.OutputFormat);

0 answers

Hi, 

Currently working with Telerik reporting . how to Bind the MongoDB database collection to the Telerik Reporting ?

Thanks,
vrushali

vrushali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Jun 2022
1 answer

How use deviceInfo(Javascript) to export a PDF file protected (no copy) but with print?

How use set allowContentExtraction=false and allowPrinting in javascript?

0 answers

Hi Team ,

After updating version of Telerik assemblies, Itemdatabound event[I have attached one screenshot for reference (its written in .vb file)]  is getting called while creating report as well while printing report. but I don't want it to get called while I am printing report. Is there any way that I can set autopostback(in telerik report) to false in telerik report ? Or any other solution will be appreciated to call Itemdatabound event only while creating report and not while printing.

Anyone can help me ? 

Kind regards, 

Payal

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?