Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hello, 

I have two questions,

1. I have a crosstab table with one group and data(fields) from data source. Before clicking on the preview I have some parameters I need to fill, and I would like to have an option for sorting my table. For example having a parameter that is a list of fields from my data source (also used in a crosstab table) as an option, when I click on one of the fields and preview, table is sorted by the option I chose. For better understanding, here is an a example - I chose sort by date (cause Fields.Date exists in data source) before generating, click on preview , all my data is going to be sorted by the group from above and then dates. When I want to generate report again, this time I choose to sort by document number (Fields.DocumentNumber exists in my table and data source) and it generates the report having a group from above and then a sorting by Document Number. How can I achieve that ? I am using Telerik reporting R3 2022.
  2. I have two text boxes A and B in two columns next to each other in my crosstab. B is conditioned for visibility by binding. When B is unvisible (because the condition = false) I would like to merge my textbox A with B so I have a larger textbox A. And when B is visible (condition = true), everything is back to normal, meaning A has its text box in A's column like before and B has its own text box in B's column. Would that be possible?

Thanks in advance! Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,
    Tamara
1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik Support,

I am trying to format an Averaged date & time between two values as HH:MM:SS (see screenshot). However, when I used the format Date & Time value for HH:MM:SS it gives me the following error (see screenshot) How can I fix this as I do not want the milliseconds at the end and it seems to keep adding it.

(Average Combined Time)

(Error After formatting it to HH:MM:SS ({0:hh:mm:ss})

Thank you!

2 answers

Created a line graph in stand-alone designer that is working great.  It uses the DateTime scale on the x-axis to display mmm.yy.  The axis is sorting/displaying in chronological order.  All of the data being displayed is correct, so it appears to be setup correctly.  Is there a way to reverse the sort order to display reverse chronological order on the X-axis?

I am new here and have attempted many different ideas

Found the 'Reversed' setting in Coordinate Systems->Xaxis->Scale, but that setting moves the Y axis from the left to the right side of the chart producing a reverse image.  I am just trying to sort the X-Axis, without moving the Y-Axis.  So close here.

Have tried descending sorting on the field that is feeding the X axis via DateTime scale.  The correct data is displaying which tells me the DateTime scale is working.  Changing the sorting does not affect the order displayed on the chart though.

Have been changing many settings and reviewing other threads.  In general, when using the DateTime scale on an X-Axis, is there a way to reverse the sort order to make it reverse chronological order?

Thank You,

John

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 26 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hi, 

We designed reports with parameters and table. as i followed this document link for sorting in table https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/designing-reports/adding-interactivity-to-reports/actions/sorting-action/sorting-table-details.  Which worked sorting in table. but issue is when i added report parameters to report sort icon not showing up and sorting not working. so could you please help me to resolve the issue as much as possible.

0 answers

Good Morning,

I am trying to generate a simple report using a CSV data source. The data source contains applicant information including their university, name, state, etc. The CSV also contains information on the stage of the application, whether it was a whitepaper or full proposal etc. When trying to generate a simple bar chart of the count of the different stages, (i.e.,  count of how many whitepapers) the field stage also contains the states on the y axis in the chart. It seems the field stage and state are being intertwined when this is not what I want. Is there any solution to this? These fields are clearly separated in the CSV and the data preview when importing the CSV.

Thanks

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?