Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
4 answers

I have a report designed for a continuous roll printer using a 4 inch wide paper roll.  The report is 6 inches "wide", but is printed LANDSCAPE, so the axis are flipped, meaning the printed "width" ends up as 4 inches (good) and the printed "height" is 6 inches on the continuous axis.  So far so good, Telerik renders the report and it prints, HOWEVER; I want a page footer section that prints some information at the "bottom" of the label.  When in continuous roll mode Telerik is not honoring the page footer and instead prints this immediately after the detail like a group footer, however; there is no reason why it should not honor this because the report is LANDSCAPE so even on continuous roll paper the footer can be measured against the fixed 4in "width" of the label.  I have attached an image showing what Telerik is doing and what the expected output is.

This appears to me to be a bug in Telerik reporting.

The expected behavior is that the page footer would work normally if the report is landscape because in this case the fixed label width is actually the "height" (4in) of the report and the variable/continuous axis is the "width" (6in).

Any suggestions?

- Albert Boettger

AlbertBoettger
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 04 Mar 2024
1 answer

Dear Team,

We have to evaluate an old project which uses Telerik Reporting Version Q3.2020. The task is to migrate and update older asp.net and Windows forms reports to newer report version.

Can you please share the link to download the Trial version of Telerik Report Version Q3.2020?

Thank you,

Anup

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2023
1 answer

I have a bunch of reports that were created in .net framework 4.7.2 using the Visual Studio report designer (created as .cs files).  I'm upgrading the solution to .net 6.

I've updated to the correct nuget packages for Telerik winforms and Telerik Reporting, and from what I've read, I need to convert all those reports to a format that will work in the standalone report designer.

I moved all the reports to their own class library, built the solution, an then tried to open that library's .dll file in the standalone designer as described here:

https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/designing-reports/report-designer-tools/desktop-designers/standalone-report-designer/how-to-import-reports-created-with-the-vs-report-designer

Every time, I get an error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException... System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter, Version=6.0.0.0... The system cannot find the file specified.

I cannot find any reference to that in the report files, and I can't find any verion 6.0.0.0 for .net 6 out there to even install.  I did try adding a package reference to a .net std verion, but it's 4.x from 2016.

How can I get past this error so the report can be imported?

0 answers

Hi Team ,

After updating version of Telerik assemblies, Itemdatabound event[I have attached one screenshot for reference (its written in .vb file)]  is getting called while creating report as well while printing report. but I don't want it to get called while I am printing report. Is there any way that I can set autopostback(in telerik report) to false in telerik report ? Or any other solution will be appreciated to call Itemdatabound event only while creating report and not while printing.

Anyone can help me ? 

Kind regards, 

Payal

1 answer

Hi team,

I want to exclude export options (Exel ,RTF, TIFF, Web arhive) from Report designer's telerik ribbon . I can do this from web.config file but its getting excluded from other pages as well, I just wanted to exclude these options from single  page report not from all pages of my project.

Anyone can help me asap?

Kind regards,

Payal

0 answers

Hi sir,

I create dynamic report in that i  use four column create dynamic one of the columns contain 100 and above character . i use text wrap as true.

like this come

with text wrap as false.

Dim detailsTxt As New Telerik.Reporting.TextBox
                detailsTxt.Size = New SizeU(Unit.Inch(col.ColumnName.Length), Unit.Inch(0.2))
                detailsTxt.Location = New Drawing.PointU(Unit.Inch(iniLeft), Unit.Inch(0.01))
                detailsTxt.Style.Font.Size = New Unit(10)
                detailsTxt.Style.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Middle
                detailsTxt.Style.TextAlign = HorizontalAlign.Left
                detailsTxt.TextWrap = False
                detailsTxt.StyleName = "Data"
                detailsTxt.Style.BorderStyle.Default = Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.BorderType.Solid
                detailsTxt.CanGrow = True
                detailsTxt.KeepTogether = True
                detailsTxt.Multiline = True
                ' detailsTxt.Format = Format("{0:n}")

detailsTxt.Value = "=Fields.[" + col.ColumnName.ToString & "]"

detail.Items.Add(detailsTxt)

how to show all column same  size, an d show all character with in text box size

like this

please give some solution.

M Kumar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 05 May 2021
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?