Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers

Hello Team, I'm trying to implement a User Defined Function to be access by Telerik Reports. Is a simple Replace function.

In Report designer I followed the instructions of copying the dll where the report designer is located. It runs fine using the following expression   TelerikFunctions.Telerik_F.Replace("t").

When I try to run it from an API, It does not return anything.

• I added the TelerikFunctions.dll to the current project where TelerikReporting.dll is located.
  • I added the following entries on the  appsettings.json  
  •  

"configuration": {
"configSections": {
"section": [
{
"_name": "Telerik.Reporting",
"_type": "Telerik.Reporting.Configuration.ReportingConfigurationSection, Telerik.Reporting",
"_allowLocation": "true",
"_allowDefinition": "Everywhere"
},
{
"_name": "Telerik.ReportDesigner",
"_type": "Telerik.ReportDesigner.Configuration.ReportDesignerConfigurationSection, Telerik.ReportDesigner.Configuration",
"_allowLocation": "true",
"_allowDefinition": "Everywhere"
}
]
},
"telerikReporting": {
"assemblyReferences": [
{
"name": "TelerikFunctions",
"version": "1.0.0.0",
"culture": "neutral",
"publicKeyToken": "null"
}
]
}

I also placed the function in the wwwRoot where the reports are located. But still, it doesn't recognize the function.    

Class Library containing UDF

Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 08 May 2024
1 answer

I want to choose which tool in the toolbar should display certain tools. How can I set this up? I'm using backend ASP.NET Core MVC and frontend Angular.

0 answers
I have two tables in my detail section with the different data sources. The report preview itself is fine and it displays the contents of the tables separately, table 1 at the top and table 2 at the bottom, as expected. But when I want to export it to CSV format it shows the content of table 1 and the content of table 2 in the same row. Is there a way to display the content of the tables in separate rows? 
0 answers

Hi Team ,

After updating version of Telerik assemblies, Itemdatabound event[I have attached one screenshot for reference (its written in .vb file)]  is getting called while creating report as well while printing report. but I don't want it to get called while I am printing report. Is there any way that I can set autopostback(in telerik report) to false in telerik report ? Or any other solution will be appreciated to call Itemdatabound event only while creating report and not while printing.

Anyone can help me ? 

Kind regards, 

Payal

1 answer

Hi,

I have a problem when I  try to print report in controller. The thing is; it is working locally but when I deploy the project to iss I am getting error message says; "System.InvalidOperationException: No or invalid printer error on IIS server."

// Obtain the settings of the default printer
                System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings printerSettings
                    = new System.Drawing.Printing.PrinterSettings();

// The standard print controller comes with no UI
                System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController standardPrintController =
                    new System.Drawing.Printing.StandardPrintController();

// Print the report using the custom print controller
                Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor reportProcessor
                    = new Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor();

reportProcessor.PrintController = standardPrintController;

Telerik.Reporting.TypeReportSource typeReportSource =
                        new Telerik.Reporting.TypeReportSource();

//// reportName is the Assembly Qualified Name of the report
                    //typeReportSource.TypeName = reportName;

// Create a new report source pointing to report definition
                var reportSource = new UriReportSource();
                reportSource.Uri = entity.ReportName;

foreach (var i in entity.Parameters)
                {
                    reportSource.Parameters.Add(new Parameter(i.Key, i.Value));
                }

reportProcessor.PrintReport(reportSource, printerSettings);                    

return null;

Please suggest,

Thanks

1 answer

Hi

I have an old license 2017 telerik reporting can i use it with Blazor ?

Regards

0 answers

I am Using telerik.reporting.cache.stackexchangeredis.2 15.0.21.224 to implement redisStorage. But it is not digitally signed. How can i get the digitally signed version of this package

1 answer

Hi team,

I want to exclude export options (Exel ,RTF, TIFF, Web arhive) from Report designer's telerik ribbon . I can do this from web.config file but its getting excluded from other pages as well, I just wanted to exclude these options from single  page report not from all pages of my project.

Anyone can help me asap?

Kind regards,

Payal

0 answers

Hey all, I built my SQL query elsewhere and want to pass parameters to it with @param style. I inserted it in "Select Statement" window and created parameters in reporting with values, yet it doesnt map. If I do it with built-in query builder, it maps and works, simply because in next page it allows you to put the parameter location like @param will be equal to '= Parameters.slevel.Value'

But I can't use built-in query builder in this project, how can I make this work?

Thanks!

0 answers
I have a textbox within a table.  I set the background color as test to red and the borders as solid.  The changes are visible in the designer, but get lost when I run the report.  It is only happening with the one textbox.  What is the problem?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?