Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
I have a scenario where I have multiple components, including tables, panels with textboxes, and charts/graphs. I want to add a page break after a specific panel to ensure that it appears on the new page regardless of the size of the content on the previous page. I do not see any straightforward way to do this, and the keepTogether property doesn't always work.
1 answer

I have a report catalog of 20 some reports

I pass a parameter to the report cataglog  ie  RanchID 

My parameter shows up on the report catalog header

I need to pass that same parameter to the report I launch from the catalog.

Thank you

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2024
1 answer

Hi,

We have a requirement to create a report using the "Standalone Report Designer". We just want to open the standalone reporting tool from our desktop application at a button click and allow user to create their own reports. For that we have to pass the content of the report from the desktop application to the standalone tool. We tried to pass the argument in "Process.Start" Method. But we got an error message as in the attached image. 

Could you please help us to work on the standalone Report Designer tool with  C# WPF desktop application?

We want to know how the below items will be work.
1) How to open the standalone report designer programmatically (C#)?
2) How to pass the content from C# to the tool?

Thank You !

2 answers
currently we are using webservice datasource to generate a report but i want to change this datasource from webservicedatasource to jsondatasource, when i manually put the json in inline, its working perfectly but how to pass the data from programatically , as of now we are using telerik.reportserver.httpclient dll and createdocumentdata model to send an data to report but i could not see any fields available in the model to accept json data. Anyone help on this and its a large report it has lot of tables , list ,fields etc
1 answer

I created a report using Telerik Report Designer Standalone with sqlDataSource1 setup with the following ReportParameters like this:

C# coded that read that send the parameter as Int32

var reportProcessor = new Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor();
    // set any deviceInfo settings if necessary
    var deviceInfo = new System.Collections.Hashtable();
    var reportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.UriReportSource();
    var directory = Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location);
    var value = Convert.ToInt32(numericExportarPdf.Value);
    reportSource.Uri = "Report.trdp";
    reportSource.Parameters.Add("NRO_TICKET", value);
    Telerik.Reporting.Processing.RenderingResult result = reportProcessor.RenderReport("PDF", reportSource, deviceInfo);
    if (result.HasErrors) return;
    string fileName = result.DocumentName + "." + result.Extension;
    string path = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory);
    string filePath = Path.Combine(path, fileName);
    using FileStream fs = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.Create);
    fs.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length);

I get the following error:

Telerik.Reporting.Processing.CancelProcessingException: An error has occurred while processing the report. Processing canceled. Check the InnerException for more information.
 ---> System.Exception: Invalid value of report parameter 'NRO_TICKET'.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ValidateParameters()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessItem()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.ProcessElement()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessElement()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ProcessingElement.Process(IDataMember dataContext)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.Process(Boolean processItemActions, Boolean documentMapEnabled)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReport(Report report, IPathResolver pathResolver, IProcessingContext parentContext, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Key rootKey, Boolean interactivityEnabled, Boolean documentMapEnabled, PageLayoutInfo pageSettings, ErrorEventHandler errorHandler, List`1 documentNodes, Boolean& documentMapAvailable)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessResolvedReports(ResolvedReportDocument resolvedReportDocument, IList`1 parameters, IProcessingContext contextPerDocument, Boolean interactivityEnabled, Boolean documentMapEnabled, PageLayoutInfo pageSettings, List`1 processedReports, ErrorEventHandler errorHandler, List`1 documentNodes, Boolean& documentMapAvailable, ListSlice& tocReportsSlice)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReportSource(ReportSource reportSource, IRenderingContext context)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReportSource(ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo, IRenderingContext context)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessAndRender(String format, ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo, IRenderingContext renderingContext, CreateStream createStreamCallback)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessAndRenderStateless(String format, ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo, IRenderingContext renderingContext, CreateStream createStreamCallback)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass47_0.<RenderReport>b__0(SingleStreamManager sm)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReportSafe(Func`2 renderCallback, String format, IRenderingContext renderingContext)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReport(String format, ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReport(String format, ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo)

If I remove the parameter the report works fine, I added changing to Decimal Type value as my DB engine is MS-SQL 2022 Express. I added filters and get same error. I don't know what to do anymore What I am missing

1 answer

Hello,

Looking for a formula to get the previous Monday and Sunday dates for default report parameters. I assume something similar to this but cannot get figure it out. 

Formula below is the last day of the year. I can't figure out how to make it previous Monday. 

= Today().AddDays(CDbl(- Today().Day))

Thanks in advanced

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2024
1 answer

Hello, 

I have two questions,

1. I have a crosstab table with one group and data(fields) from data source. Before clicking on the preview I have some parameters I need to fill, and I would like to have an option for sorting my table. For example having a parameter that is a list of fields from my data source (also used in a crosstab table) as an option, when I click on one of the fields and preview, table is sorted by the option I chose. For better understanding, here is an a example - I chose sort by date (cause Fields.Date exists in data source) before generating, click on preview , all my data is going to be sorted by the group from above and then dates. When I want to generate report again, this time I choose to sort by document number (Fields.DocumentNumber exists in my table and data source) and it generates the report having a group from above and then a sorting by Document Number. How can I achieve that ? I am using Telerik reporting R3 2022.
  2. I have two text boxes A and B in two columns next to each other in my crosstab. B is conditioned for visibility by binding. When B is unvisible (because the condition = false) I would like to merge my textbox A with B so I have a larger textbox A. And when B is visible (condition = true), everything is back to normal, meaning A has its text box in A's column like before and B has its own text box in B's column. Would that be possible?

Thanks in advance! Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,
    Tamara
1 answer

Hi,

I would like to use/not use a parameter as a filter depending on the user entered value. If it's 0 then I want to ignore the filter.

Here is my configuration in report designer.

Essentially I want to achieve this:

SQL if parameter  aualtranpstper= 0 then 

pst_yer = parameter aualtranpstyer

SQL if parameter  aualtranpstper<>0

pst_yer = parameter aualtranpstyer and pst_per = parameter aualtranpstper

What should my value column in this screen look like?

I posted the same question after reading here https://www.telerik.com/forums/conditional-filtering-and-to-skip-filter-on-empty-report-parameters#205578 but thought it better to create new question.

Thanks for your help.

AW

1 answer

I have my SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machine. I'm trying to use Managed Identity Connection String (without the need of username, password in the connection string) to connect my SQL Server with Telerik Report. I did not find any specific documentation or a question regarding this implementation. Any leads will be appreciated.

I can connect my SQL Server using this normal connection string: Server=tcp:sqlserverendpoint,1234;Initial Catalog=SampleDatabase;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=username;Password=password;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;

I'm trying to use this Connection String (which doesn't include username and password): Server=tcp:sqlserverendpoint,1234;Authentication=ActiveDirectoryManagedIdentity;Encrypt=True;Database=SampleDatabase;

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 answers
I have a report where I define multiple values to be auto-selected in the Report Parameters value Array. All the items in the Array are selected at report run time but one. I can select the one item on the fly, but I cannot figure out why it is not automatically doing it. The string in question is "RA1".  I am adding the report and screenshots.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 updated answer on 21 Aug 2023
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?