Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
Hello there,

I have this issue when generating my report, it duplicates the number of pages based on the amount of rows of data that my DataSource provides to the Report.
Another detail is the external border when generated from the report but in the preview or the designer doesn't show the border
How I can remove it?

I am using a table wizard connected to the data source (SQL Data Source).

Example in the attached file
2 answers

Hello Team, I'm trying to implement a User Defined Function to be access by Telerik Reports. Is a simple Replace function.

In Report designer I followed the instructions of copying the dll where the report designer is located. It runs fine using the following expression   TelerikFunctions.Telerik_F.Replace("t").

When I try to run it from an API, It does not return anything.

• I added the TelerikFunctions.dll to the current project where TelerikReporting.dll is located.
  • I added the following entries on the  appsettings.json  
  •  

"configuration": {
"configSections": {
"section": [
{
"_name": "Telerik.Reporting",
"_type": "Telerik.Reporting.Configuration.ReportingConfigurationSection, Telerik.Reporting",
"_allowLocation": "true",
"_allowDefinition": "Everywhere"
},
{
"_name": "Telerik.ReportDesigner",
"_type": "Telerik.ReportDesigner.Configuration.ReportDesignerConfigurationSection, Telerik.ReportDesigner.Configuration",
"_allowLocation": "true",
"_allowDefinition": "Everywhere"
}
]
},
"telerikReporting": {
"assemblyReferences": [
{
"name": "TelerikFunctions",
"version": "1.0.0.0",
"culture": "neutral",
"publicKeyToken": "null"
}
]
}

I also placed the function in the wwwRoot where the reports are located. But still, it doesn't recognize the function.    

Class Library containing UDF

Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 08 May 2024
1 answer

I have a telerik report that has grouping sections based on a "Page Title"

The first page title is my Cover Page, which just contains a multi-line textbox that has its visibility set to TRUE only if the current group is the cover page

I want the textbox to be automatically centered in the page on rendering of the report without having calculate 11in-(header+footer+margins) and physically set the height of the textbox. Is this possible?

Sample attached

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2024
1 answer

Compare between non-delete and delete two textbox, just have value difference.

------------original report code

<TextBox Width="1in" Height="0.7cm" Left="0cm" Top="0cm" Value="=AVG(Fields.Actual_downtime_50_last)/AVG(Fields.Actual_runtime_50_last)" Format="{0:P0}" Name="textBox36" StyleName="">

<TextBox Width="1in" Height="0.609cm" Left="0cm" Top="0cm" Value="=(Fields.Actual_downtime_50_last)/&#xD;&#xA;(Fields.Actual_runtime_50_last)" Format="{0:P0}" Name="textBox37" StyleName="">

-----------after deleting value

<TextBox Width="1in" Height="0.7cm" Left="0cm" Top="0cm" Format="{0:P0}" Name="textBox36" StyleName="">

<TextBox Width="1in" Height="0.7cm" Left="0cm" Top="0cm" Format="{0:P0}" Name="textBox36" StyleName="">

-----------------------------------

I want to know how to fix this, because the final value isn't long

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2024
1 answer

im having an issue getting the total to align correctly the Pharm name and quantity line up correctly but the total is getting kicked to the right. i have a attached the report and relevant screen shot

thanks!!

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Oct 2023
1 answer

Hi,

We have a scenario where we need to render the report in multiple worksheets(sheets) within a excel (xlsx) file. We are successful in generating such report when rendered through the desktop client and also in Report Viewer, but when trying to generate the file using  Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReport() method, the data is not splitted in to two sheets. Everything is rendered in single sheet.

The way I am rendering the report is simple - 

var reportProcessor = new Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor();
            var manager = new ReportConnectionStringManager(connectionString);
            ReportSource reportSource = manager.UpdateReportSource(uriReportSource);

var result = reportProcessor.RenderReport("XLSX", reportSource, null);

and in the report design, we are using SplitWorksheetOnPageBreak property.

Please help us in achieving what we want. Is there any other way to render the report.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2023
1 answer

We have a custom report screen that uses multiple reporting frameworks to render reports as files (typically Excel). The available reports are loaded dynamically at runtime, the user picks a report which retrieves and displays the report parameters for the users to enter values, and then the report can be rendered to the file type that they choose.

We will be creating single reports (.trdp files) and report books (.trbp files) and uploading those onto the server for use with this screen. We are currently using the R1 2023 Reporting framework. Our application is written in c# and uses .NET Framework 4.8.

I have almost everything working with the Telerik framework but cannot find anywhere to create a ReportBook object from a .trbp file. The closest I found was this forum post (https://www.telerik.com/forums/reportbook-by-path-name)and this article on Deserializing from XML (https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/embedding-reports/program-the-report-definition/serialize-report-definition-in-xml). This does not work and I assume things have totally changed given the post was over 10 years old.

Using the code below gives the exception "Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1." The .trbp file that we are attempting to load was designed using the Telerik Standalone Report Designer.

var reportBook = new Telerik.Reporting.ReportBook();

using (System.IO.FileStream stream = new System.IO.FileStream(reportPath, System.IO.FileMode.Open))
{
    Telerik.Reporting.XmlSerialization.ReportXmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new Telerik.Reporting.XmlSerialization.ReportXmlSerializer();                    
    reportBook = (Telerik.Reporting.ReportBook)xmlSerializer.Deserialize(stream);
}

Is it possible to load a .trbp file into a ReportBook object? If so, how?

Thanks,

Jason

1 answer

I have a report that I have populated programmatically with data.  The data in the detail section populates correctly.  I recently introduced a group into the report, but when I add a field (one of the detail fields) to the new group, the field is always blank.  I feel like there's some missing piece to setting the group values, but I can't find any examples online that mirror my scenario.

Here's how the report looks in the designer:

Here's the group configuration:

Here's where I'm setting the data into the table:

var table = report.Items.Find(pair.Key, true)[0] as Table;
                        if (table != null)
                        {
                            table.DataSource = data; // data is an List<Model>
                        }

The report doesn't actually group and the field in the group header is empty:

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Feb 2023
1 answer

I would like to know if Telerik has a solution for this challenge that we are running into. I have a Telerik Report that our system will automatically export into a PDF, but users have an option to click a checkbox and additional PDFs from the current objects children will be stitched onto the end of the PDF report. So the report itself might be 10 pages, and then our application will then stitch on an additional 5 PDF files that are 2 pages each (totaling 20 pages).

Is there a way to place bookmarks in the main report, that will be able to link to the PDF files that are stitched onto the end of the report?

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I have a report layout designed with Report Designer (standalone).

I noticed an obvious performance hit on report loading/rendering after I need to style my checkboxes (around 50+) to make it fit smaller spaces. It takes over than 25 - 27 secs to load the report page.

I have attached the report file and the custom images I used in it as zip file here.

If anyone could help me find the viable workaround or solution, I would very appreciate. Thank you.

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?