Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I found some postings about this, but they're all more than 10 years old.  I'm hoping something has been added to address this since then.

On a label report, how can I tell the report to skip the first N labels so I start at a certain row and column?

Surely a hack to insert null rows at the top of the result set isn't the only option?  Is there some event I can use or anything to cause the engine to skip labels until I say continue?

Thank you!

1 answer

I am calling a JSON Webservice that does not return a nested object if the values are null.

I am using the value of the nested object (Fields.Orders.Salesperon.Name) in a detail row of my report.

This results in an error for any rows with no salesperson: "The expression containt object 'Name' that is not defined in the current context".

Here's a sample of what's being returned from the webservice:

{
  "Orders": [
    {
      "OrderNumber": 1,
      "Salesperson: { "Name": "Joe Example" }
    },
    {
      "OrderNumber": 2,
      "Salesperson: {}
    }
}

OrderNumber 1 will print fine. The row for OrderNumber 2 will have an error box.

Screenshot from the actual report:

How can I prevent this? I've tried null checks, value binding, conditional formatting... but it all throws an error because it's trying to access the nonexistent "Name" field on a record.

4 answers

Hi

I'm developing an WPF app that imports trdx file, serializes to a report object, set an ObjectDataSource and generate (using RenderReport method) to pptx file.

The trdx file contains a subreport with the same DataSource but different DataMember. The DataMember of the subreport get an input from the a report parameter (=Parameters.Param1.Value). The subreport parameter filled by the main report (Param1 =Fields.Id).

For example, for each order in the report, the subreport get its ID as parameter and returns all its order details.

In the generated report (pptx) I see all the reports data but the subreport data is empty. How should I set the DataSource, DataMember and Paramerters of the subreport correctly?

Thanks

Michal

Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?