Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I created a report using Telerik Report Designer Standalone with sqlDataSource1 setup with the following ReportParameters like this:

C# coded that read that send the parameter as Int32

var reportProcessor = new Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor();
    // set any deviceInfo settings if necessary
    var deviceInfo = new System.Collections.Hashtable();
    var reportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.UriReportSource();
    var directory = Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location);
    var value = Convert.ToInt32(numericExportarPdf.Value);
    reportSource.Uri = "Report.trdp";
    reportSource.Parameters.Add("NRO_TICKET", value);
    Telerik.Reporting.Processing.RenderingResult result = reportProcessor.RenderReport("PDF", reportSource, deviceInfo);
    if (result.HasErrors) return;
    string fileName = result.DocumentName + "." + result.Extension;
    string path = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.DesktopDirectory);
    string filePath = Path.Combine(path, fileName);
    using FileStream fs = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.Create);
    fs.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length);

I get the following error:

Telerik.Reporting.Processing.CancelProcessingException: An error has occurred while processing the report. Processing canceled. Check the InnerException for more information.
 ---> System.Exception: Invalid value of report parameter 'NRO_TICKET'.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ValidateParameters()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessItem()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.ProcessElement()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessElement()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ProcessingElement.Process(IDataMember dataContext)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.Process(Boolean processItemActions, Boolean documentMapEnabled)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReport(Report report, IPathResolver pathResolver, IProcessingContext parentContext, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Key rootKey, Boolean interactivityEnabled, Boolean documentMapEnabled, PageLayoutInfo pageSettings, ErrorEventHandler errorHandler, List`1 documentNodes, Boolean& documentMapAvailable)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessResolvedReports(ResolvedReportDocument resolvedReportDocument, IList`1 parameters, IProcessingContext contextPerDocument, Boolean interactivityEnabled, Boolean documentMapEnabled, PageLayoutInfo pageSettings, List`1 processedReports, ErrorEventHandler errorHandler, List`1 documentNodes, Boolean& documentMapAvailable, ListSlice& tocReportsSlice)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReportSource(ReportSource reportSource, IRenderingContext context)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReportSource(ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo, IRenderingContext context)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessAndRender(String format, ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo, IRenderingContext renderingContext, CreateStream createStreamCallback)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessAndRenderStateless(String format, ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo, IRenderingContext renderingContext, CreateStream createStreamCallback)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.<>c__DisplayClass47_0.<RenderReport>b__0(SingleStreamManager sm)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReportSafe(Func`2 renderCallback, String format, IRenderingContext renderingContext)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReport(String format, ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReport(String format, ReportSource reportSource, Hashtable deviceInfo)

If I remove the parameter the report works fine, I added changing to Decimal Type value as my DB engine is MS-SQL 2022 Express. I added filters and get same error. I don't know what to do anymore What I am missing

1 answer

Currently, we use SSRS in our ASP.NET MVC apps to automatically generate tabular, in-memory reports based on RDLC templates against SQL Server data. The PDF produced by SSRS are downloaded to the user's browser. We don't provide any report viewer components on the page. How do you do this using Telerik Reporting?

Also, do you have beginner training videos for Telerik Reporting?

Thank you.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Dec 2023
2 answers

Currently, I have two different parameters. One uses Fields.ID the other needs to use Field.ID2 However, using the code below. I am unable to rename ID to ID2. If I use ID It modifies Parameter1's ID field instead of Parameter2's ID field. I need to use dual union to be able to select all employees but when I run it with the "AS" command for renaming ID to ID2 it errors out(see below code). If I run it without the dual union. It works and renames ID to ID2. But, then I do not have the ability to select all employees which I need. How can I fix this in the report designer? is there a better way or am I using my code wrong, what would be a good solution to this?

How can I get this to work and rename ID to ID2 for the second source using the code below so that I can still use the dual union?

[Doesn't work]

SELECT TO_NCHAR('All Employees') AS FirstName, TO_NCHAR('*') AS LastName, 0 AS ID FROM DUAL
UNION
select FirstName, LastName, ID AS ID2

FROM Personnel
ORDER BY LastName NULLS FIRST

[Works]

select FirstName, LastName, ID AS ID2

FROM Personnel
ORDER BY LastName NULLS FIRST

Thank you!

1 answer

Hi Support team, 

Currently, Telerik reads the appsettings.json file to get the connection string. Here we have 3 different servers for DEV , staging and production environements and we also have Multiple appsettings files. see attached screenshot. 

For Code, we have already written code that for the DEV server, all configs are read from the appsettings.Dev.json file and for the staging server all configs are read from appsettings.staging.json.

Now, what happened when we are creating a pdf file from Dev server from Code, It read appsetting.json file for the connection string that's wrong connection string for DEV server. so, Wrong data occupied and report is not made properly.

Could you please share any solution for my issue? 
Please note that we can't edit appsetting.json file each and every time we deploy code. 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Dec 2022
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?