Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Good Morning Telerik Forums,

I have a field called "Report Ran" followed by another table with a field of [= Now()] They display correctly. However, they are two separate fields.

If I add them together into one field (example) Report Ran: [=NOW()] it displays exactly like that. Never executing the data display.

How can I get it so that I can use a one field with text and a data all within one? so that it can display as Report Ran: 12/03/2023

Thank you!

EDIT: I solved this after posting. See solve below.

I solved my own question.. I just started playing with close brackets.

Use braces { } to encapsulate. In example: Report Ran: {=NOW()} and it will display correctly as Report Ran: 12/03/2023

Thank you!

Austin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 05 Dec 2023
1 answer

I want to choose which tool in the toolbar should display certain tools. How can I set this up? I'm using backend ASP.NET Core MVC and frontend Angular.

1 answer

I have 2 graphs with DateTime scales. But when the data is populated the graphs are misaligned slightly to right as below image, this is because graph1 has a y-axis labeled as 01-June and graph 2 has  31-May. Looks like because of the character's size 'Jun' and 'May', the graph representing May is slightly moved to the right. How do I adjust the spacing/padding between label and axis line ? I' using the telrik v17.1.23.

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi all,

I have the following case with Telerik Reporting. I have a list which is fed with some data. The number of items may vary from 0 to practically unlimited. I want to show up to 3 records on a line. New records should go on a new line in the report.  I used this article as a reference but I still cannot solve it elegantly as the number of elements may be different each time -> https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/knowledge-base/how-to-create-multi-column-report---across-the-page-and-then-down

I'm sending a sample report as a reference. Does anyone have ideas on how to handle this? Some of the problems I encounter are:

• some times some of the values are not rendered
  • sometimes there are blank boxes
  • I want the number or rows to grow dynamically based on the number of elements I want to visualize in the list

Regards,
Krasi

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hello, 

I have two questions,

1. I have a crosstab table with one group and data(fields) from data source. Before clicking on the preview I have some parameters I need to fill, and I would like to have an option for sorting my table. For example having a parameter that is a list of fields from my data source (also used in a crosstab table) as an option, when I click on one of the fields and preview, table is sorted by the option I chose. For better understanding, here is an a example - I chose sort by date (cause Fields.Date exists in data source) before generating, click on preview , all my data is going to be sorted by the group from above and then dates. When I want to generate report again, this time I choose to sort by document number (Fields.DocumentNumber exists in my table and data source) and it generates the report having a group from above and then a sorting by Document Number. How can I achieve that ? I am using Telerik reporting R3 2022.
  2. I have two text boxes A and B in two columns next to each other in my crosstab. B is conditioned for visibility by binding. When B is unvisible (because the condition = false) I would like to merge my textbox A with B so I have a larger textbox A. And when B is visible (condition = true), everything is back to normal, meaning A has its text box in A's column like before and B has its own text box in B's column. Would that be possible?

Thanks in advance! Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,
    Tamara
1 answer
We have a report with a vertical banner on the left side. That is, the graphic starts at the top of the header and continues until the bottom of the footer. Is  this possible with Telerik Reports?
Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2023
2 answers
Can we limit number of columns per page in CrossTab? We have a data-source that contain more than 15 columns, and when we bind it with Cross tab then the remaining columns that  are not fit in the first page goes to the bottom of next page(image- Cross Tab Print at Bottom).Can we control this behavior and make sure remaining columns always print from the top and with correct margin?
Gurpreet
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 30 Oct 2023
1 answer

When i create report in standalone application with WebServiceDataSource as trdx file i can see section for Authentication with user and password

<Authentication>
        <WebServiceBasicAuthentication Password="eYk0jBuZWWwHo1LHgtDHjA==" Username="user" />
      </Authentication>

what algorithm do you use to hash password? how it is save?

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2023
1 answer

Hi,

when i open an image on pc it is perfect instead on report the image load is rotate 180 degree.

can i rotate image on telerik report designer?

Michele
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 24 Oct 2023
1 answer

Hi,

Our ERP System uses Telerik Reports and we use the standalone report designer as part of the package.

We're running in to an issue where computers that use DPI scaling, i.e. increasing the text size to 125% on the windows side is leading to a lot of extra white space in the report.

I wanted to see if there's any parameters that can be used in the Standalone Report Designer to enable DPI scaling.

Thank you.

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2023
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?