Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hello,

I am having an issue with creating a new style sheet in the web report designer. I would like to use a "StyleSelector" selector type, but when adding a new selector to the style rule, it defaults to "TypeSelector". How do I change this to be a "StyleSelector"?

Thanks,

Dan

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2024
2 answers

I wasted hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my equations until I realized that Telerik moves panels around based on the visibility of other panels.

How can I stop this from happening? I want the pixel position of a panel to be static and not be influenced by other panels. 

Instead of posting my report which has a mile long formula for determining the pixel position of several panels, I have found a very simple report to show this issue.

Drag and drop four panels next to each other. Set the background of each panel to a different colour.

Set the visibility of one of the middle panels to false and now preview. All panels to the right of the panel in question have now moved left.

Setting Panel2 to not be visible

Leaving Panel2 as visible

Pascal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 22 Sep 2023
1 answer

I'm using Telerik Reporting 7.0.13.220.

When I create an HtmlTextBox on a report and set the CanGrow property to true, it will output the following HTML/CSS in the web viewer:

.s10 {font-family:Segoe UI;font-size:11px;color:Black;word-wrap:normal;white-space:nowrap;padding-left:0px;padding-right:1px;padding-top:0px;padding-bottom:-2px}

<div title="" class="htmltextbox1 .s10" style="position:absolute;overflow:hidden;left:634px;top:69px;width:363px;height:77px;">
  <div class="html-root" style="margin-top:0px;">
    <p class="s1">content</p>
  </div>
</div>

When the white-space attribute is set to "nowrap" longer lines in the HtmlTextBox are cut off and do not display properly.  When I remove the white-space attribute using Chrome's developer tools, the content displays correctly.  Since this CSS is coming from an .axd request and is generated from the web viewer's iframe, I cannot override this value.  Is there a workaround for this?

Code in Designer :

Me.HtmlTextBox1.Name = "HtmlTextBox1"
        Me.HtmlTextBox1.Size = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Inch(1.9530130624771118R), Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Inch(0.34999999403953552R))
        Me.HtmlTextBox1.Style.BorderColor.Default = System.Drawing.Color.LightGray
        Me.HtmlTextBox1.Style.BorderStyle.Default = Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.BorderType.Solid
        Me.HtmlTextBox1.Style.BorderWidth.Default = Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit.Point(0.5R)
        Me.HtmlTextBox1.Style.Visible = True
        Me.HtmlTextBox1.Value = "<span style=""word-wrap: break-word;white-space: normal; "">{Replace(Fields.descr_corr_action_descr, ""&""" &
    ", ""&amp;"")}</span>"

descr_corr_action_descr this property is using two columns in database 

pls provide solution how  to remove white-space:nowrap; or provide any workaround solution 

Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?