Telerik Forums
Report Server Forum
1 answer

Hello,

do you plan to internationalize Report Server and Report Builder like your components (de, fr, it, es, ...) ?

Personally, I would live with english-only version but a lot of my customers won't :-/. 

Best

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2015
1 answer

Dear Support 

How can i pass parameter value to report using url example

http://localhost:83/Report/Preview/170705-3ff1?TestyYear=2015

Thanx

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2015
2 answers

I am trying to create reports in the Report Server and found the below issue. The "System Administrator" has given me the permission "Create All Reports" only. I am able to design a report and while saving I could see all the categories and I could save the report in any category.

But I do not have Create Reports in Category permission in any category. How is this possible ?

Thanks,

Venkatesan R 

Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Aug 2015
1 answer

Will there be an ability to add sub-categories in the future? We have 4-5 main divisions of the company and then each division has general areas of functionality. We used this type of structure to group the reports in SSRS so we didn't have 50 reports sitting in 1 folder.

Also is/will there be a way to lock report readers into a category or categories?

Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2015
1 answer
I set up two data connections so our report developers would not have to know what server to hit. When I launch the report designer from the server and choose the banded wizard, I don't see any data connections, it seems that I still have to create a new data connection for every report. I assumed the two I had set up would be available to choose from. Am I missing something?
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2015
1 answer

I am trying out the Report Server on a Windows 2012 Server instance and I think i found an issue with embedded assets inside of report.  

First, using the Report Designer I created a "Summary" report (trdx) that contains a table which contains a list of invoices.  One the the fields has an Action defined to "Navigate to Report".  This action maps this field value to a parameter on the target report and launches an Invoice Report.  This works great hosting this in an MVC application.  When this report is hosted on the Report Server, this Invoice Report is not found.  

Second, I tried a Choropleth Map report that i created in the report designer.  This report uses a shape file, this file is also not found on the server.      

The error message returned is: "An error has occurred while processing Map 'map1': The shape file D:\Applications\Telerik.ReportServer.Web\states.shp cannot be found."  I tried to put these files in this folder, but this did not solve the problem.

Should this work or is this something you will support going forward?  I assume that the Report Designer must change to be able to include these assists to the report or perhaps add them with some sort of URL/Server mapped path.

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2015
1 answer

Do you have a short list of pro/cons compared to SSRS Report manager and Report builder

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2015
1 answer
I followed the instructions in the ReportServerManual.pdf.  I seem to be having db connection problems.

The app is installed under: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Telerik.ReportServer.Web

With an IIS app pointing at it with custom headers.

When I hit the local Url I get:

Server Error in '/' Application.The system cannot find the file specifiedDescription: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified]

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 52 - Unable to locate a Local Database Runtime installation. Verify that SQL Server Express is properly installed and that the Local Database Runtime feature is enabled.)]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +6674198
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +688
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, Boolean withFailover) +6700744
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, TimeoutTimer timeout, Boolean withFailover) +219
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, TimeoutTimer timeout) +6702880
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(TimeoutTimer timeout, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) +6703339
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions) +610
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +1049
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +74
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +6705907
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +78
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +2192
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +116
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +1012
System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +6710531
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) +152
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +229
System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.InternalDispatcher`1.Dispatch(TTarget target, Action`2 operation, TInterceptionContext interceptionContext, Action`3 executing, Action`3 executed) +207
System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.Interception.DbConnectionDispatcher.Open(DbConnection connection, DbInterceptionContext interceptionContext) +438
System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.<>c__DisplayClass33.<UsingConnection>b__32() +582
System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Execute>b__0() +15
System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.DefaultSqlExecutionStrategy.Execute(Func`1 operation) +263
System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices.UsingMasterConnection(DbConnection sqlConnection, Action`1 act) +749
System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices.DbCreateDatabase(DbConnection connection, Nullable`1 commandTimeout, StoreItemCollection storeItemCollection) +314
Telerik.ReportServer.Web.SimpleMembershipInitializer..ctor() +248

The requirements say:

System Requirements
ï‚· Internet Information Services (IIS 7+)
ï‚· Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1
ï‚· HTML5 compatible web browser

Is SQL Express also required ?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2015
1 answer
Does Report Server support serving reports contained in libraries (ReportTypeResolver )?
Or only TRDX files that are uploaded?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2015
1 answer
Hello,

Being able to set Scheduled Reports is the number #1 feature that we need at SimpleTix.com
Can you please give us an idea when: Report Server CTP will offer this?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2015
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?