This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MVC 5 and Visual Studio 2013

1 Answer 81 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Atlas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Atlas asked on 07 Dec 2013, 03:54 AM
When can we expect the visual studio 2013 extensions for MVC 5?
There is currently no support for Kendo in Visual Studio 2013. You have stated that you will have support once the product is released, but it has been out for a while now, and there still doesn't appear to be any support?
Also, I noticed that in Visual Studio 2012 and MVC 4, the kendo project template was virtually identical to the Microsoft default template, except that you deleted all the ASP.NET identity related code. Why did you do that, and are you planning on taking the same approach in MVC 5? I am hoping that the default Kendo template for MVC 5 will include the Microsoft template in it's entirety. I also noticed that in VS 2012, the default kendo project included the default jQuery css file, but also added one in the kendo folder. Why didn't you just use the one that Microsoft includes in the default template?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 10 Dec 2013, 10:24 AM
Hello Atlas,

Thank you for contacting us!

I will straight answer your questions.

We have delayed the release of VS extensions for Visual Studio 2013 due to a extra work load on our side. We are currently working on the task and we are expecting to publish the new version of the VS extensions till the end of the year through the Visual Studio Gallery. If you have the VS extensions installed you will receive a notification through Visual Studio and then you can install them in Visual Studio 2013 using the Extensions and Updates utility in Visual Studio.

We have removed the ASP.NET identity related code on a purpose so that you don't get redundant code. We plan to follow the same approach with the VS extensions for Visual Studio 2013. If you want to make use of the default MVC functionality available in the default MVC templates you can create a default project and then convert it to Kendo using the conversion wizard available in the Telerik menu,

We will consider you feedback in regard to the jQuery css files.

I hope the information provided helps. Should you have any further inquires don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Petar
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Atlas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team
Share this question
or