Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers

I am trying to sort alphabetically string values inside the multi filter combobox in Kendo Grid to filter. Now it shows randomly there is no any order in mvc. Here is the code

columns.Bound(c => c.EmpName).Title("Employee Name")
.Filterable(filterable => filterable
.Multi(true)

Pol
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 13 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hello,

We have upgraded our Kendo jQuery package. The previous version was 2019.1.220 and our latest version is 2023.3.1114. We observed that

• Some classes were changed in the new js say buttons in the kendo grid.
  • Some CSS files are removed. (Assuming it is not compatible with the current version.

After upgrading some of our css are not getting applied. Attaching the screenshots for reference. I'm attaching my sample code.

Below are the stylesheets I'm using
<link href="{{ URL::asset('css/boostrap_v4_alpha.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/material-main.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/font-icons/index.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/bootstrap-main.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Please help me if there is something I've missed while upgrading kendo.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2024
0 answers

<div>
                            @(Html.Kendo().Grid<FourCSQL.ContractorPortal.Model.Custom.WorkRequest.WorkRequestModel>()
                                .Name("gridTestrequest")
                                .Columns(columns =>
                                {
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestName).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("CarTest", languageID)).Width(200);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestDescription).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("Car Description", languageID)).Width(460);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestToComplete).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("Car Test to complete", languageID)).Width(150);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestPriority).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("Carpriority", languageID)).Width(180);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestCode).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("CarTestCode", languageID)).Width(200);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestDepartment).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("Cardepartment", languageID)).Width(180);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestLocation).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("CarLocation Description", languageID)).Width(240);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.LocationDescription).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("Asset", languageID)).Width(240);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.WorkDescription).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("Work ", languageID)).Width(180);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestStatus).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("Status", languageID)).Width(180);
                                    columns.Bound(c => c.TestStore).Title(ResourceManagerClass.GetResource("Store", languageID)).Width(180).Hidden(true).Exportable(true);
                                })

.ToolBar(toolBar =>
                        toolBar.Template("<a class='k-button k-button-icontext k-grid-excel btn btn-secondary btn-custom' style='float:right;margin-                      right:12px;color:white;' href='#'><span class='k-icon k-i-excel' style='margin-top:-1px;'></span>Export</a> "))
                .Excel(excel => excel
                .FileName("workrequest.xlsx")
                .Filterable(true).AllPages(true)
                .ProxyURL(Url.Action("AdminList", "Admin", new { @requestType = @ViewBag.RequestType }))
            )
        .Scrollable(scr => scr.Height(230))
        .Selectable(selectable => selectable.Mode(GridSelectionMode.Single).Type(GridSelectionType.Row))
        .Pageable(pageable => pageable.Refresh(false).PageSizes(true).ButtonCount(1))
        .Sortable()
        .Filterable(f => f.Extra(false)
        .Operators(op => { op.ForString(str => { str.Clear().Contains("Contains"); }); })
        .Messages(m => m.Info("Items with value contains:")))
        .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource.Ajax().Read(read => read.Action("AdminList", "Admin", new { @requestType = "pending" })))
        .Resizable(resize => resize.Columns(true))
        .Reorderable(reorderable => reorderable.Columns(true))
        .Events(events => events.ColumnReorder("saveColumnReorder").ColumnResize("saveColumnSize"))
        .HtmlAttributes(new { @class="KendoGrid"})
         )

</div>

1.How We can Export the Hidden columns in Excel...?

2. In the grid has one columns values like this  the user is seeing like this (volvo, benz, Audi, BMW, I20, MG,) But When user clicks on the Excel So we want show ('30lakhs',  '1crore' , '80lakhs', '30lakhs', '50lakhs')

So How We can do this I have not found any link anyone can you please help me out to find for this solution.

Thanks& Regards

Mani
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 21 Jul 2023
2 answers
I'm using Kendo MVC. The data is appearing as the JSON that returned from the controller instead of a formatted KendoGrid. Even when I remove the contents of the entire CSHTML file, it still shows the JSON to the user. The JSON looks to be correctly formatted. What could cause that?
Rick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 14 Jul 2023
2 answers

Hello, 

I have a question about grids loading: some customers could receive the fully loaded content on the UI, while some received a different loaded content for the same JSP code. Here are how the loaded HTML using the same code look like in the browser for two different customers: 

for one customer:

<div id="transportGrid">
    <div class="k-header k-grid-toolbar ">...</div>
    <table role="grid" tabindex="0" data-role="selectable" class="k-selectable" style aria-activedescendant="transportGrid_active_cell">...</table>
    <div class="k-pager-wrap k-grid-pager k-widget k-floatwrap userDefinedBgColor" data-role="pager">...</div>
    <div class="k-resize-handle">...</div>
</div>

for the second customer:

<div id="transportGrid">
     <div class="k-header k-grid-toolbar">...</div>
     <div class="k-grid-header" style="padding-right: 17px;">...</div>
     <div class="k-grid-content k-auto-scrollable userDefinedBgColor">...</div>
     <div class="k-pager-wrap k-grid-pager k-widget k-floatwrap userDefinedBgColor" data-role="pager">...</div>
</div>

so for the first customer, the <divs> containing the k-grid-header and k-grid-content are ignored and replaced by <table> element. 

Do you know the reason of the difference of the loaded contents?

Thanks in advance for your help and answer.

Best regards,

Antsa Rakotoarimalala

Patrick | Technical Support Engineer, Senior
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2022
1 answer

I am using Kendo UI for Jquery.

I have a grid and a local array as a datasource. The grid is showing, but the data inside is not.  

I searched aroud and I can't find what's wrong. 

Here is the code: Dojo UI

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron