Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers

Hi Team,

Is there any way to set the pattern color and pattern style of a cell before exporting to excel using jQuery?

Thanks,

Julian A

A
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 May 2024
0 answers

Hello

I want to use the REST settings to do the updates. So I have a question while using saveChanges on grid
I want to each submit for created, updated, and destroyed, is there a way?

If there is a create row and an update row, I want to run only create.
After defining transport.create, transport.update as function and receiving only create data and doing e.success(data), update row exists and update function is also executed, and I wonder if I can return it here
If possible, create row should be in the saveChange state and update row should remain the same
soyoung
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 13 May 2024
0 answers

let me explain what issue i am facing , i have two cloumns in kendogrid one is dropdown and other is simple textbox

let say dropodown column has (emailadress, website dropdown) now i want to match the exact expression of mail to the other column

if it matches then save the record if not matches than show the toolptip and prevent for saving changes

this is the code

save: function(e) {
                                    // Get the data item being saved
                                    var dataItem = e.model;

// Access properties of the data item and perform actions accordingly
                                    var addressType = dataItem.intInternetAddressTypeID;
                                    var inputField = dataItem.strInternetAddress;

// Perform validation or other actions based on the properties
                                    if (addressType === "2") {
                                        // Email validation for input field
                                        var emailRegex = /^[^\s@@]+@@[^\s@@]+\.[^\s@@]+$/;
                                        if (!emailRegex.test(inputField)) {
                                            // Set validation message on the corresponding cell
                                            e.container.find("[name=strInternetAddress]").closest("td").attr("data-strInternetAddress-msg", "Invalid email address format");
                                            e.preventDefault(); // Prevent saving the record
                                        }
                                    } else if (addressType === "10") {
                                        // Phone number validation for input field
                                        var phoneRegex = /^[0-9]+$/;
                                        if (!phoneRegex.test(inputField)) {
                                            // Set validation message on the corresponding cell
                                            e.container.find("[name=strInternetAddress]").closest("td").attr("data-strInternetAddress-msg", "Invalid phone number format");
                                            e.preventDefault(); // Prevent saving the record
                                        }
                                    }
                                },

i also enable the tooltip from databound
dataBound: function (e) {
   e.sender.element.find("[data-strInternetAddress-msg]").each(function () {
                                    $(this).kendoTooltip({
                                        position: "bottom",
                                        content: $(this).attr("data-strInternetAddress-msg"),
                                    });
                                });
}but tooltip is not showing in the page , it preventing from saving but not showing tooltip after inspection i found that it creating this html

<td role="gridcell" data-container-for="strInternetAddress" data-strinternetaddress-msg="Invalid email address format"><input type="text" class="k-input k-textbox k-valid" name="strInternetAddress" required="required" data-required-msg="Internet Address is required" data-bind="value:strInternetAddress"></td>

Help me how to show the tooltip not alert i dont want alert

saurabh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 17 Apr 2024
0 answers

I am trying to call a function from the javascript from filter. If I try to filter the column , the function is not being called. There is no any error in console and the value is coming into the grid. But just that trigger is not called when filter the column. Also I wondering  if I remove the function from the script , it will look for the function and will give the error function not found. But if there is function, it will not call the function and alert message is not getting 
We are using the latest version of Kendo Telerik grid. Why the filterable.UI does not work in Asp.net core MVC? How can I find the reason why it is not called?

Here is my code

columns.Bound(e => e.City)
                .Filterable(filterable => filterable.UI("cityFilter"))
                .Width(200);

<script type="text/javascript">

function cityFilter(element) {
        alert('testting'
    }
</script>

Pol
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 14 Mar 2024
0 answers

I have a model DateTime property called CreatedDate and If I try to filter by date  using the filter 'Is equal to' for a single date, it will not filter the records for the given date due its time part in it filter checking. So How can I make it filter truncating the time part from the filter ?
Pol

public class EmployeeViewModel

{

public string Name{get; set;}

public DateTime  CreatedDate{get; set;}

}

In Kendo Grid
column.Bound(c=>c.CreatedDate).Title("Created Date")

Pol
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 14 Mar 2024
0 answers

I am trying to sort alphabetically string values inside the multi filter combobox in Kendo Grid to filter. Now it shows randomly there is no any order in mvc. Here is the code

columns.Bound(c => c.EmpName).Title("Employee Name")
.Filterable(filterable => filterable
.Multi(true)

Pol
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 13 Mar 2024
0 answers

AngularJS version 1.5.8.
Kendo UI version 2016.3.914+Official

I have a kendo grid with the resizeable property set to true. However, when I display the grid and then use my cursor to resize the grid, it appears the grid rebinds the data and reverts all columns to their original size.

How do I make resized widths stay set?
Are there any properties I should look at to help with this issue?

Clint
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 22 Feb 2024
0 answers

Having problems when using the showColumn() hideColumn() function for grids:

Why does hideColumn() function on grid scrunch up the width when enabling it?

Then when I check the checkbox to hide the first row:

It seems to scrunch the other rows to the LEFT? You demo in the DOJO doesn't do this... I was wondering if this is because I am using a hierarchical grid?

function toggleEditing(e){

var hideColumn = $(e.target).prop("checked");
          var grid = $("#grid").data("kendoGrid");
          if(hideColumn){
            grid.hideColumn(0);
          }
          else {
            grid.showColumn(0);
          }
        }

See  my Kendo UI Dojo code for behavior:
https://dojo.telerik.com/UmAgoDEs/2

Thanks!

George

George
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 30 Jan 2024
0 answers

I am using a kendoGrid bound to a SharePoint list. I am able to get the grid to work fine with pagination. The problem is that I am using large datasets so the query performance is slow due to returning the total record count. SharePoint provides a way to do paging without using a total record count. Queries return a "next" and "previous" page url (see screenshot below). I would rather use this method for the sake of performance. Is there a way to have a custom pager with just a next and previous button and set the click event of those buttons?

Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 11 Jan 2024
0 answers
I'm working on implementing multi checkbox grid filtering in a project. I have a requirement where I need to have a different value for the display text than the value that is filtered on. I'm basically looking for the properties dataTextField and dataValueField  that are found on other controls such as a multiselect. Using this example to explain further; how do I use the multi checkbox filter to filter on the Category field by CategoryID but still display the CategoryName as the filter display?
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 20 Dec 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron