Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers
I am getting prices from a feed that sends them in ISO 4217 format using the lowest currency. So for example, something that costs $24.50 US is sent back as 2450 while something that costs 166 DKK comes back as 166 (The exact conversion is 165.99 DKK so I really don't know how that will come back since they don't use pennies). Of course there are many other currencies out there too. Is there a way for Kendo UI to take the currency code and the value (in pennies in this example) and return the correct price of $24.50 or 166 DKK?
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bronze
Bronze
Bronze
 updated question on 28 Nov 2023
0 answers
Hi, when I switch locales in my app, I am still seeing the english text in the page control (i.e. 1 to 10 of 800 items).  How can I have that text be the {current locale} text?  Here is a JSFiddle demonstrating the problem.

Also, the text associated with the paging buttons (first, prev, next, last) is still in English as well.  Is there a way within the framework to update these as well?

I found this JSFiddle, where they are using a template hooked into dataBound to specify the details of the current page, but I would expect this to be part of the framework where I set the locale and it is localized for me.

I just found the Messages section in the docs.  Do I need to include my own translations for each of these?

Aha!  Here is the page I was looking for.

Thanks,
--Ed
Ed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 03 Dec 2013
0 answers
I'm displaying records from a DB in a kendo grid, and one DB field is a datetime.

I'm using the following to display the value: kendo.toString(datetime,"dd MMMM yyyy, h:MM:ss")

This works, but the time it displays is incorrect. For instance if the value in the DB is "2012-07-27 15:28:11.383" the value displayed will be "27 July 2012, 3:07:12", which is off by about 21 minutes.

What's up with that?
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Jul 2012
0 answers
Hi Admin,

How do we ensure that kendo.parseFloat()/parseIntt() 
method able to parse given formatted input?
Suppose it user gives the string instead of formatted value then how we recognize that its invalid input give by user and kendo.parseFloat()/parseIntt()  
will not be able to parse it?

kendo.parseFloat()/parseIntt()  
 will throw any exception in javascript in case of invalid input

Jitendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Mar 2012
0 answers
I want to use Kendo globalized lib with linux OS with java from parsing/formatting number, currency and percentage field value

Should Kendo globalized lib parser method able to parse formatted value of number, currency and percentage using the NumberFormat class of java language and wise-versa?

How culture info generated for Kendo globalized lib means formatting of number/currency/percentage? It is the same kind of formatting that Java produces?

Is globalize lib package uses the same culture info(locale data files) that is used by Java originates ?

Please respond me ASAP
Jitendra
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 14 Mar 2012
0 answers
Hi,

Following question is to Kendo Admin.

Currently, I am developing an android application using kendo web UI and jquery ( as kendo mobile is still in pre release state).
Here, I am using Kendo web widget datepicker and deopdownlist. These two widgets works fine in Android Emulator besides the known issues.

Now, my question is, when the kendo mobile will be released, will we be using the same Kendo web widgets (datepicker/dropdownlist) by implicitly including different js files for different widgets?
or
the kendo mobile js file will include all these widgets, such that we will not have to implicitly include different js files for different mobile widgets?

Thanks,
Madhab
Madhab Chandra
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Dec 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron