Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

Hello,

We have upgraded our Kendo jQuery package. The previous version was 2019.1.220 and our latest version is 2023.3.1114. We observed that

• Some classes were changed in the new js say buttons in the kendo grid.
  • Some CSS files are removed. (Assuming it is not compatible with the current version.

After upgrading some of our css are not getting applied. Attaching the screenshots for reference. I'm attaching my sample code.

Below are the stylesheets I'm using
<link href="{{ URL::asset('css/boostrap_v4_alpha.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/material-main.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/font-icons/index.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="{{ URL::asset('kendo/styles/bootstrap-main.css') }}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Please help me if there is something I've missed while upgrading kendo.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hi....

Issue is the  icons don't change when clicking the expand/ contract button in the kendo-grid:

In the context of a hierarchical kendo grid,  it used to, in prior versions (2020.1.1118) swapped icons:

•  from + to - if the user desired to expand and show the child rows in a hierarchical table:

from - to + if the user wanted collapse the child rows and show only the parent rows.

Now as of  version 2023.3.1010:

,,,something is interfering with my code, guessing that some  CSS references have changed.

Here is a DOJO link:

Untitled | Kendo UI Dojo (telerik.com)

If the link doesn't work (I am new to Kendo as of July and I still haven't gotten the hang of saving stuff on the DOJO) , I have attached a text file (with HTML) that the exact code to test in the DOJO.  You might need to stretch the right side that shows the active code to see the button in the header.

Also, the version prior to 2023.3.1010 showed an evil twin :) ... a little plus sign in addition to the default + plus icon... so you might want to go back a version to look at that too.

Can you give me some ideas on how to fix the issue of the icons NOT swapping on the 2023.3.1010 version when it was working fine previously?

Regards,

George

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2023
1 answer

Hi all,

We are using kendo ui jquery for angularjs buttons in our system like this:

<kendo-button id="cancelUpdateBtt" class="k-primary" on-click="cancel()">{{"cancel" | tr}}
            </kendo-button>
            <kendo-button id="detailsBtt" class="k-primary" on-click="Details()">{{'details' | tr}}
            </kendo-button>

I am trying to update our system to latest kendo ui for JQuery release (R1 2022), and all of the sudden our button internationalization using our custom translation angularjs pipe (tr in upper example) is not working any more. Looks like button content gets encoded, so my angularjs not working anymore. I tried using it without pipe, and same issue occurs - so pipe is not a problem.

I can confirm that issue was caused in latest kendo ui version and with following steps.

When I use current version of kendo ui like in following dojo: https://dojo.telerik.com/ABOvameJ/2 
issue is clearly visible - and value is not displayed correctly. (instead of seeing "Something new" we see angularjs biding encoded)

This dojo uses these versions:
    <script src="https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2022.1.119/js/angular.min.js"></script>
    <script src="https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2022.1.119/js/kendo.all.min.js"></script>
But if you change versions to (for example): 
    <script src="https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2021.1.119/js/angular.min.js"></script>
    <script src="https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2021.1.119/js/kendo.all.min.js"></script>
Text within button is rendered correctly
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2022
2 answers

Hi,

I'm using client-side filtering after the kendo grid is rendered and I wanted to export to excel the filtered data in some situations.

I tried using $("#reportResultsGrid").data("kendoGrid").dataSource.view() and that gives me the current object of what I want to export to excel, but I can't figure out how to use the saveAsExcel() method to export what's in that current view() in the kendo grid. I can console log it, but I just can't figure out how to export the filtered data. 

My goal originally was to create a custom button in excel toolbar and use that to export the data but, now I'm just using a stand alone button at the top of the page for testing purposes. Ideally I would like to create a button in the excel toolbar that just exports whatever is in the current kendo grid view.

Below is as far as I've figured out.

$('#testSaver').on("click", function () {
    $("#reportResultsGrid").data("kendoGrid").dataSource.view()
    console.log(clientSideFilterData);

});

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron