Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers

Hi there! I'm not a developer but working with one to try and get a fix for my web application. This specific issue is not happening on any desktop computer but appears to be happening on my MacBook Pro when using Safari (not Chrome) and my 5th Gen iPad in both Safari and Chrome. When access a specific section of the program it begins to 'tab' through every field on that page endlessly. When I check the network log it states  'PerformValidationActions' appears to be in a loop cycling through 'text1_enter' 'text1_leave' 'text2_enter' 'text2_leave' 'text3_enter' 'text3_leave'  etc.  It EVENTUALLY ends but then when you try to log out you get the error Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Mar 2024
0 answers

Hai,

I have two questions : 

1) How can I change the width of a GridColumn, as show below? I am currently using GridColumn. Please find attached as reference.

2) How can I use Kendo UI to create a bar graph like the one shown below? The graph should update based on the user-entered values for total occurrence and time period (week/month). Does Kendo UI support this functionality?

Umi Amira
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 03 May 2023
1 answer

I have a grid that has some data, and when I press an "edit" button, I want a wizard with forms to edit the contents over multiple pages. Because of all the binding, I figured I could re-use the same wizard and popup and just reload the data inside. This works pretty well until I add validation. For some reason setting model data results in the value being NULL inside the model.

const model = discountWizard.steps()[0].form.editable.options.model;
model.set("requiredField", "required"); // required: true in form
model.set("optionalField", "optional"); // required: false in form

// results in 
dirtyFields: Object { requiredField: false, optionalField: true }
optionalField: "optional"
requiredField: null

I've added a reproducer in Dojo: https://dojo.telerik.com/eQoGApIL

How can I fix this?

On a sidenote, the reset button doesn't seem to do anything by default, is that intended?

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2021
1 answer

Hello!

Kendo Wizard always validates the step forms when navigating between them, even if you press "Previous".

This can be seen in the official sample here:

https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/wizard/index

If you are on Step 2 and press "Previous", you are required to input all data before going back to Step 1.

How can I change this? I want to validate the current step form content only if you press "Next", and allow the user to go back without inserting data if he presses "Previous".

Thanks!

Patrick | Technical Support Engineer, Senior
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron