Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers
As can be seen in the following example: https://dojo.telerik.com/@user192/aboNODeL , the "x" window closing button behaves differently from the self created closing button, as it closes the window before firing the close event. After the window is closed and pressing the open button to open the window again, the "x" window closing button behaves in the same way as the "close" button though. The close event gets fired instead of closing the window beforehand. Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent the window from closing using the "x" button?
user192
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Nov 2022
0 answers

Please advise me to change the default Open Close animation of the Kendo grid popup window,

I tried to like this, but the default open-close animation(zoom-in and zoom-out) can't change,

anyone knows the way to change the open & close animation.

Chiran
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 21 Jun 2022
0 answers

Hi Forum,

I have kendowindow opens as dialogue where we have two dropdown and two button (OK, Cancel)

once window loads focus on window and while tab click goes all fine till Cancel button, after that focus shift to browser

I wanted to keep focus on same window, Instead go to somewhere else in screen.

Below is piece of code snippet.

@(Html.Kendo().Window()
                                                .Name("AddressSelectionModal")
                                                .Modal(true)
                                                .Visible(false)
                                                .Width(350)
                                                .Animation(true)
                                                .Title("")
                                                .Actions(actions => actions.Clear())
                                                .Content(@<text>
                                                    @Html.Partial("~/Views/Shared/Modals/test.cshtml")
                                                </text>)

I was trying by write below code on cancel button "onblur" event but seems does not works.

$("#AddressSelectionModal").data("kendoWindow").focus();

Please help on this how to keep focus on same kendowindow.

Thanks,

Santosh

santosh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 17 Jun 2022
0 answers
After upgrading kendo MVC version to Version=2021.3.1207.545, k-overlay class stopped appearing after kendo window open
Юлія
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 09 Jun 2022
0 answers

Hello

We have an application where new kendo window opens from a hyper link on a child pop up from the parent window. when the new window is closed and the child pop up is closed , some of the buttons on the parent window does not work they just gets frozen. Please advise how can we fix this. I tried many options...

Note : the new window has a splitter, we used Kendo splitter.

When i click button, it gives " Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined" in the console

t
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 16 Sep 2021
0 answers
Hi, I'm using Kendo UI for the web (i.e., not a mobile app, just HTML). I'm looking to load a PDF from an external link into a window when a button is pushed on a mobile device. The problem is, on my Android device, when I load the PDF into the window (with iframe), the browser just downloads it like a normal browser download...and the window remains empty.

Question: is the Window an appropriate way to do this? I'm open to other suggestions...I just need to display a PDF, not have it downloaded by the browser download functionality.

Another approach I could take is to load a byte stream of the PDF from the server and somehow render it from there...but I guess that would require a widget that understood how to render PDFs.

Any ideas? My current code is below:

$(".search-result-button-area button").click(function() {
            var url = $(this).attr('data-theUrl');

$("#window1").kendoWindow({
                actions: ["Custom", "Pin", "Refresh", "Maximize", "Minimize", "Close"],
                draggable: true,
                modal: true,
                pinned: false,
                resizable: true,
                title: "The Thing",
                content: url,
                iframe: true
            });
        });

<div id="window1"></div>

Rider333
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 Jul 2014
0 answers
i have no problem
wenlung liang
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Sep 2013
0 answers
EDIT: This was happening because the cell sometimes contained a DIV, and the DIV, not the TD, was the event target, which messed up the code that gets the cell-index.  

IIt may be my error, or it could be a problem with the grid or jQuery.  My code is shown below.  I'm clicking on the same column, choosing a different row at random, and every so often, the wrong column-index is returned. I cannot figure out why it works most of the time, but not always.  I'm clicking on a column whose index is 7. Sometimes zero is returned.

function addCellClickEventListener() {
    var grid = $('#grid').data('kendoGrid');
    $(grid.tbody).on('click', "> tr:not(.k-grouping-row, .k-detail-row, .k-group-footer) ", function (e) {
        popup(e);
    }); 
}

function popup(e) {    
    var cell = e.target;
    var ix = $(cell).index(); 
    assert((ix != 0), "index must be greater than zero"); 
}

function assert(val, msg) {
    if (!val) {
        alert(msg);
        return false;
    }
    return true;
}
Tim R
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 Mar 2013
0 answers
Hi,

I am having a simple form where i am showing a grid from a datasource.After I need to show the same in a window.
It is working fine but, after closing the window upon showing the data if i want to reload the data again then I am getting undefined error for the grid.
For this i have just tried an example with opening a window and after loading the data again for a dropdown box it is also throwing the same error.
Is it the problem with kendoui or have anybody faced this kind oof error.
Any idea??

Regards,
Sri.
SriNi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Nov 2012
0 answers
I have a page with multiple windows on it.  How can I get the ID of the window that I am currently dragging? 
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Nov 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron