Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

Hello, I am studying a lot because I am using Kendo for JQuery for the first time in this project.

Currently, I am creating a function that registers a favorite for each row of data, and I need to create it as shown in the picture.

The favorite column is assigned a Y/N cutoff value, and the icon changes accordingly.

And when the icon is clicked, the icon should change if the favorite status is successfully switched through ajax communication.

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Ruchika
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 03 Aug 2023
2 answers

Hi,

I'm using client-side filtering after the kendo grid is rendered and I wanted to export to excel the filtered data in some situations.

I tried using $("#reportResultsGrid").data("kendoGrid").dataSource.view() and that gives me the current object of what I want to export to excel, but I can't figure out how to use the saveAsExcel() method to export what's in that current view() in the kendo grid. I can console log it, but I just can't figure out how to export the filtered data. 

My goal originally was to create a custom button in excel toolbar and use that to export the data but, now I'm just using a stand alone button at the top of the page for testing purposes. Ideally I would like to create a button in the excel toolbar that just exports whatever is in the current kendo grid view.

Below is as far as I've figured out.

$('#testSaver').on("click", function () {
    $("#reportResultsGrid").data("kendoGrid").dataSource.view()
    console.log(clientSideFilterData);

});

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron