Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers
I am finding that, no matter what I set the Step value to, pressing the up and down arrow keys adds or subtracts exactly double the step value (clicking on the spinners respects the step setting). Is this by design?
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Nov 2012
0 answers
Hi,

I'm currently populating a label with the values entered into a numerictextbox, i can get the numeric values fine, but i would like to retrieve it together with the formatting as well. eg. numerictextbox showing $1,234.00 should be retrieved as displayed into a label. Thanks.
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Nov 2012
0 answers
Hello guys

I'm having a problem with the NumericTextBox. Here is a jsfiddle example http://jsfiddle.net/Ns6sd/16/

The validation fails on almost every occasion: 
- go one level up, and validate
- write your own number, ex. 2.3 and validate

The validation passes if you: 
- go one level down and press validate (now if you go up and validate it will work, but if you enter your own number it fails again)

Please help me solve this problem

Best Regards

Igor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Oct 2012
0 answers
I seem to be having an issue where the numerictextbox widget does not pull the custom class assigned to the original input field. 

The combobox and other widgets seem to do as expected, and add the original class to span.k-widget, however it doesn't seem to be happening ok span.k-widget.k-numerictextbox

Any ideas? Is this a bug, or is this expected behavior? If it is expected, how does one go about adding a custom class (or id) to span.k-widget.k-numerictextbox?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here's a js fiddle to show you what's happening: http://jsfiddle.net/MCCPs/4/
Jeremy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Sep 2012
0 answers
Greetings,

We already have CSS formatting for our numeric textbox, how would we otherwise remove the built in / default CSS formatting? When I initally wire up the numeric text box, we see a battle between teh KendoUI css and our very own.

Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 Aug 2012
0 answers
Any idea why the wrapper for numerictextbox add attribute readonly when I use this widget with knockout binding?
My code is:
<input type="text" class="k-textbox" id="inpNip" placeholder="" name="Nip" data-bind="value: Nip, autovalidate: true" /> As a result I get: 

<span class="k-numeric-wrap k-state-default k-state-hover">
<input class="k-formatted-value k-input valid" type="text" style="display: inline-block; " readonly="readonly">
<input type="text" class="k-input valid" id="inpNip" name="Nip" data-bind="kendoNumericTextBox: {value: Nip, }" data-role="numerictextbox" style="display: none; ">
<span class="k-select"><span unselectable="on" class="k-link">

In first input is attribute readonly because of which numerictextbox acts strange. The behavior is visible also on knockout-kendo.js page ( http://rniemeyer.github.com/knockout-kendo/web/NumericTextBox.html ).

So any idea why it is like this? How to get rid of it?

Thanks.
/KrisD
Kristijan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Jun 2012
0 answers
I need a numerictextbox whose initial value seems '0' but when first up/down button hit, the real initial value will come.
Is it possible to do that?
I try the code below but on spin event when e.sender._value is set to firstPrice, change event is called and i can see that e.sender._old value is still the unchanged value.
$("#txtPrice").kendoNumericTextBox({
                decimals: 5,
                step: 0.00001,
                format: '#.00000',
                min: 0
            });
var firstPrice = 0.89889;
var numeric = $("#txtPrice").data("kendoNumericTextBox");
            numeric.bind("change", function (e) {
                if (e.sender._old == 0)
                    e.sender._value = firstPrice;
            });
            numeric.bind("spin", function(e) {
                if (e.sender._old == 0)
                    e.sender._value = firstPrice;
            });

<asp:TextBox ID="txtPrice" runat="server" ClientIDMode="Static" Text="0"></asp:TextBox>
Ozge
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 May 2012
0 answers
Hello,

I would want to know how can I create a event onInit for numerictextbox

I see that in the source of this control there is a function init and at the end of this function there is a kendo.notify(that), I would want to know if I can profit this notify to get some event OnInit.

Maybe if I add a trigger programatically in Init definition and at the end I put something like  that.trigger("INIT");

Do you know the best way to do this? Maybe I could do something nice with events and people could create their own events. I need only an idea...

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel Botero Correa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 May 2012
0 answers
I have moved this original thread to the MVVM area: http://www.kendoui.com/forums/framework/mvvm/unable-to-delete-numeric-or-date-value-and-have-model-update.aspx#2084418. 

After more investigation, the controls (DatePicker and NumericTextBox) appear to be doing their part. Both control types do indeed have their values set to NULL and appear to be triggering the change event. It would seem the datasource is ignoring the change event if the value is NULL for numerics and dates.

Mike 
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Apr 2012
0 answers
*UPDATE: FIXED

I have a bunch of data that's being put into a Grid View and I have a number box in there.

If the input is converted to a NumericTextBox after being placed in the Grid it's fine, but the problem is I can't control when this happens and the Grid mangles the NumericTextBox when it's been rendered in advance. Not only is it mangled but it's basically unusable as well.

I've attached a screenshot. It would be ideal if I could get the Grid to not mangle the widget as I can't seem to think of an event to bind to that will fire after the Grid has been created.

*UPDATE: Fixed with some custom events and jQuery.
Rei
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Mar 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron