Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

Hi, 

I tried using the filtering and sorting functionality on clientside when using pivotgrid by setting the $scope.options - but neither of these work. 

Is this a bug or some additional configuration that needs to be done?

$scope.options = {
    columnWidth : 20,
    height : 580,
    dataSource: $scope.dataSource,
    filterable: true,
    sortable: true
};

Note: I am getting all of my data from remote service in form of json (via transport) and using schema/model/cube technique to specify rows/column/measures

Thanks, 

Labhesh

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2016
1 answer

Hi , 

I am using pivotgrid's angular version. 

When I download using excel (saveAsExcel()) functionality, all NaNs in my pivotgrid download as 0s in the excel. I'd like them to be kept as NaNs...

How can I do this?

Thanks, 

Labhesh

$scope.exportToExcel = function() {
    var pivotGrid = $("#pivotgrid").data("kendoPivotGrid");
    pivotGrid.saveAsExcel();
};

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2016
2 answers

Hi, 

I would like to filter measures (shown in total column) of the pivotgrid?

If this is not supported, is there a way to modify the query object as described in http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/data-management/pivotgrid/how-to/access-mdx-query documentation?

Specifically, I would like to exclude rows where the absolute(total_column) < 0.01 %

Thanks, 

Labhesh

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2016
4 answers

Hello

Can we customize the measure based on some other column values? eg: If I have measures like below,

measures: {
                            "ChainShare": { field: "ChainShare", aggregate: "sum" },
                            "DemandIndex":{field:"DemandIndex",aggregate: "sum"},
                            "GroupShare":{field:"GroupShare",aggregate: "sum"}
                        }

Then can we define DemanIndex field as ChainShare/GroupShare .

Thanks and Regards

Satabdi

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 May 2016
2 answers

Hello,

I've been asked to migrate an existing KendoUI grid to Kendo UI pivot grid....  before I was doing 

.DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
      .Ajax()
      .ServerOperation(false)
      .Read(action => action.Action("LoadOperations", "InquiryOperations").Data("getData"))
  )

How can I do this with pivot since the Transport helper doesn't support Data?

.DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
        .Ajax()
        .Transport(transport => transport.Read("LoadOperations", "InquiryOperations").Data("getData")))

Thanks

Mahesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 May 2016
1 answer

Hi All,

We have a requirement to show json data as a pivot grid.

We have to fetch with a large amount of data from an SQL DB (about 40.000 to 1.000.000 rows). We are having a service which would return this data as json object.
We need to show this data as a pivot grid restitution in our app, and apparently, that kind of component would suits our needs.

As we have a lot of data : 
- Is this possible at Server-side instead client side?

If this is not possible at server side then what is the max capacity that pivot grid can handle with best performance?

Below is the sample fiddle:

http://dojo.telerik.com/eNAj

Thanks in Advance

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2016
1 answer

I've been playing with overwriting the adomd command text and came across an odd bug with the pivotgrid/datasource.

I've made a dojo example here that reproduces the issue.  Clicking the button triggers:

$("#pivotgrid").data("kendoPivotGrid").dataSource.read();

If the rows are not expanded, the function call works fine.  But after expanding the row data (All Geographies) to show Abingdon, Albany, etc..triggering the read function again causes a javascript exception in kendo.all.min.js (dataItem is undefined).

Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2016
1 answer

I have the pivot grid hooked up to an OData data source.

I notice that the pivot grid is making requests such as

http://localhost:52652/odata/PO?$inlinecount=allpages&measuresAxis=columns&rows[0][name][]=strBuyer&rows[0][expand]=false

Are the URL parameters that it's using and the required return data format documented anywhere?

T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2016
3 answers

I'm looking at using the Pivot grid to allow some simple data analysis, attaching to an OLAP data source using msmdpump.  One of the dimensions of the cube I am working with has rather a lot of rows (~15000) which is giving me a performance problem.  Typically users would only want to compare 3 or 4 of these rows - but the dimension filter doesn't seem to handle such long lists of options.  Similarly, expanding the whole grid with that dimension selected isn't really an option, as no one could sensibly use 15000 rows of data, even if they could be rendered in a timely manner.

Is there some way to just request a subset of a particular dimension from the cube, so that users could preselect the information for that particular dimension, allowing the Pivot Grid itself to deal with more sensible data sizes?

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Mar 2016
2 answers

Hello,

Is this functionality currently supported in the PivotGrid when using Remote Binding? It doesn't seem to work as intended in the example: I cannot sort Contact Titles or Countries by name.

Thanks,

Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Mar 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron