Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers
I've noticed that when I try to open a modalview from a tabstrip it appears and disappears right away. However if I create a button on a view and allow it to open the modalview it opens and stays open. Is this a known issue?
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2013
1 answer
I am trying to open a modal dialog using $("#modalview-message").kendoMobileModalView("open"); it works on IE but not on chrome? Why is that happening?
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Sep 2013
2 answers
Just so you guys know, on the demo site at http://demos.kendoui.com/mobile/modalview/index.html , there is a misspelling in the ASP.NET MVC index.cshtml example, where the template helper is named "ModalViewContentTempalte".
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2013
1 answer
Hi,

I need to make the iframe scrollable and zoomable inside the ModalView and I am not having any success on an iPad. I even tried data-zoom=true etc did not work.

Please see the code below (does not work on an iPad):
<div  data-role="modalview" id="popup-window" data-width="900" data-height="600" data-modal="false">
    <iframe src="http://www.apple.com" style="width:900px;height:600px"></iframe>  
</div>

Thank you for any help!
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2013
1 answer
kendoui mobile version 2013.2.716, test on ipad mini with package with phonegap 2.9.0

(1)  listview 
<ul data-role="listview" data-type="group" id="itemListView" data-click="listViewClick" data-style="inset">
    <li><label class="km-listview-label"><textarea id=${idval} onfocus="clearArea(this);" style="width:100%;height: 100px;" maxlength="150">input answer</textarea></label></li>
    <li><label class="km-listview-label"><textarea id=${idval} onfocus="clearArea(this);" style="width:100%;height: 100px;" maxlength="150">input answer</textarea></label></li>
</ul>
(2) modelview
<div data-role="modalview" id="submitDialog" style="width: 40%; height: 13em;">
    <div data-role="header" class="navbarStyle">
        <div data-role="navbar"><h3>info</h3></div>
    </div>
    <div style="margin:.5em auto; text-align: center;font-size: 1.6em;" id="subcontent">submit ok</div>
    <div style="margin:0 auto; text-align: center;font-size: 1.3em; padding-top:0.5em;">
        <a data-click="closeSubmitDialog" type="button" data-role="button"
           style="width:8em;background-color:#06b375;color:#ffffff;">Enter</a>
    </div>
</div>
(3) javascript

function openSubmitDailog(msg){
    if(MYAPP.dialogOPEN==false){
        MYAPP.dialogOPEN=true;
        var modalView=$("#submitDialog").data("kendoMobileModalView");
        modalView.open();
        if(msg)
            $("#subcontent").html(msg);
    }
}

function closeSubmitDialog(){
    //setTimeout(function(){
        var modalView=$("#submitDialog").data("kendoMobileModalView");
        modalView.close();
        MYAPP.dialogOPEN=false;
        if(MYAPP.status==8){
            init();
        }
        else if(MYAPP.status==4){
            MYAPP.app.navigate("#loginpage");
        }
        //return;
    //},100);

}
process :
openSubmitDailog ----->  modelview popup in midled of  view ------> press "Enter" in modelview  -------->   closeSubmitDialog  ---------->  modelview  close 
----------->   the underlying widget in listview can receive tap event   when close modelview  

for example ,  when close modelview ,  textarea in listview can receive tap event ,so keyboard will be shown up!  I think this a bug in new version 

Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2013
1 answer
Hi,
Using a ActionSheet from a ModalView closes the ModelView  when you click a button on the actionsheet or outside of the action sheet.

Is this a bug or not supported?

Thanks
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jul 2013
2 answers
Hi,

Is there a way to disable or remove the Scroller widget inside the ModalView? I am customizing mine and I don't want the scroller there.

Is there something like a data- attribute I can use?

Thank you for any help!
Chico
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jul 2013
2 answers
I have a view which is a remote view.  As a result, the content of the view is dynamic.  I have a button on this dynamic view which opens a modal view to show some details.  The details are dynamic and directly related to its parent remote view to which the modal view was opened from.

It appears ModalViews are cached like Views.  So my dynamic content I am putting in them are never displayed as it pulls the modal view from cache after the initial load.  How can I destroy/remove a ModalView?

I've been successful in removing Views from the cache before (see below) but I don't know how to retrieve/remove ModalViews in a similar manner.
function dataHide(e) {
    var div = $('#' + e.view.content.context.id);
    if (div) div.remove();
    e.view.destroy();
}
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2013
1 answer
I have the following div on my page:
<div data-role="modalview" id="MessageBeforeEnteringWebRes" style="padding:0.25em 1em 1em 1em;min-height:5em;max-height:20em;height:auto;">
        <div data-role="header" style="border-bottom:1px solid #ccc" class="marginbottom1"><span>@Model.CurrentContext.Club.ClubName</span></div>
        <div style="overflow:scroll; -webkit-overflow-scrolling:touch; max-height:8em;" class="marginbottom1">
            @MvcHtmlString.Create(Model.CurrentContext.Club.MessagesSettings.MessageBeforeEnteringWebRes)
        </div>

@if (Model.CurrentContext.Club.MessagesSettings.AllowUserToDisableMessagesBeforeEnteringWebRes.ToString().ToLower() == "true")
        {
            <div id="UserEditDisableMessage" style="padding-left:0.5em;" class="marginbottom1">
                <label for="DoNotDisplayMessage"><input type="checkbox" id="DoNotDisplayMessage" style="padding-right: 0.5em"/>Disable messages for future visits.</label>
            </div>
        }

<div class="center marginbottom1"><input value="OK" id="btnDoNotDisplayMessage" onclick="onOKDoNotDisplayMessage()" class="button button1" type="button" style="width:5em"/></div>
    </div>
Everything works fine except this scrolling piece (the created string contains paragraph tags but a generic string causes the same problem to occur):
<div style="overflow:scroll; -webkit-overflow-scrolling:touch; max-height:8em;" class="marginbottom1">
            @MvcHtmlString.Create(Model.CurrentContext.Club.MessagesSettings.MessageBeforeEnteringWebRes)
</div>

The weird part is that I use similar code on a different page but in a template and that works fine. Is there something that the modalview does to prevent scrolling in this matter? I notice if I remove the max-height part on the scrolling div the whole modalview will scroll.
Kelly
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jun 2013
3 answers
Hello,
I am attempting to have a listview that when a list item is licked, a modal window pops up with more of the objects details inside. 
Currently, I have a onclick function that successfully accesses the correct object. My question however is, how do I access the object then inside the modal view?

Here is a JSFiddle with a snippet of my code

I have found this question previously, however it has provided me with little guidance on what the solution actually was. 
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 01 May 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron