Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers

Hi.
I use the Kendo UI Custom Download whenever I download a new version of the Kendo UI, or need to add a specific component to my custom kendo package.js

This normally happens once every 6 months or so, and it is always a pain because I never remember what components I need to check in the configurator before downloading. There are "hundreds" of checkboxes to tick, and I don't remember all features I selected the last time I downloaded my package.

Is there a way to store this setup on my userprofile, so I can restore this the next time (in 6 months when e.g a new version is available) I visit your webpage?

Team
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Apr 2018
1 answer
2.3K+ views

I would like to add a custom column to this grid and i tried the template method as in the code below but the code does not even compile and i get thrown an error which i have provided below as well. I want to create a custom column inside the kendo grid and then have a clickable link inside that column which call a javascript function. Is it possible?

@ModelType IEnumerable(Of Gatekeeper.SystemGroupMembers)@Code ViewData("Title") = "DisplayMembers"End Code @(Html.Kendo().Grid(Model) _ .Name("SystemGroupMembers") _ .Columns(Sub(c) c.Bound(Function(p) p.Name) c.Bound(Function(p) p.Class) c.Bound(Function(p) p.ParentName) c.Template(@<text>blah</text>).Title("blah")End Sub) _ .Sortable() _ .DataSource(Sub(c) c.Ajax() _ .ServerOperation(False)End Sub))<div>@Html.ActionLink("Back to List", "DisplayGroups")</div>
Error:
Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30201: Expression expected. Source Error: Line 8: .Name("SystemGroupMembers") _ Line 9: .Columns(Sub(c) Line 10: c.Template(@<text>Click here</text>) Line 11: c.Bound(Function(p) p.Name) Line 12: c.Bound(Function(p) p.Class)

Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Mar 2018
10 answers
 On the Dojo Example   have split  The Items in Opening of are hidden behind div. How to show on top of
Magdalena
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2018
4 answers
I have a contextmenu that is targetting elements with a certain class, for example: $('#menu').kendoContextMenu(target: '.my-class'). Now I adding new DOM elements dynamically after creation of the contextmenu that have the class 'my-class'. How can I reuse the existing contextmenu?
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2018
5 answers

Hi Guys,

.kendoMenu({dataSource: menuItems}); menuItems is JSON from the controller.

In my C# code, I have the property as Text (capital 'T'), but KendoUI expects a small 't'. I don't want to have properties in my C# starting with small letters. How do I tell Kendo that it should look for 'Text' rather than 'text'?

Thanks,

Andrei

Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2018
1 answer
     Does anyone know how to make the scrollable menu option work based on the size of the screen?  I can get it to work if I explicitly set a width on my menu but I want the menu width to be based on the screen size.  So if a user is viewing the menu full screen it wouldn't scroll because everything fits but if they shrink the window (or view it on a smaller screen) then it would scroll.
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2018
4 answers

I am having trouble with a right-click context menu that contains multiple sub-menus.

When I hover with the mouse over the different submenus, the first sub-menu to open is opening fine, but when I move the mouse(without selecting anything from the first opened submenu) to the next submeny, this will cause the whole context-menu to close.

I have uploaded a video to demonstrate the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TztKdJhVlI

Is this a known bug in the Kendo menu widget, or is this my fault?

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2018
2 answers
Hello,
              I have created for my problem  I want to  It is not running as expected
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Feb 2018
6 answers

How To Create Dynamic Menu using Kendo ui in MVC Razor Application..........
Nencho
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2017
1 answer

Hello there,

Please write me a suggestion to my problem:

My _Layout.cshtml file looks like this:

<html>
<head>
<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/bootstrap.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo/2017.3.1018/kendo.common.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/kendo/2017.3.1018/kendo.moonlight.min.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/2017.3.1018/jquery.min.js")"></script>

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/2017.3.1018/kendo.all.min.js")"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/2017.3.1018/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js")"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/2017.3.1018/cultures/kendo.culture.hu-HU.min.js")"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

function refreshPartialView(e) {

var selected = this.dataItem($(e.item));

var id = selected.Id;

var result = $.ajax({
                url: '@Url.Action("GetSiteInfoSearchResult", "SiteInfo")',
                method: 'GET',
                data: { id: id },
                dataType: 'text',
                async: false,
                success: function (response) {

$('#tabStripPartial').html(response);//show the tabstrip
                    $('#gridSerialSearchResult').html('');//and clear the other partial... :(
                }
            });
        }

function refreshSerialGrid(e) {

var selected = this.dataItem($(e.item));

var result = $.ajax({
                url: '@Url.Action("GetSerialSearchResult", "Jegyzokonyv")',
                method: 'GET',
                data: { id: selected },
                dataType: 'text',
                async: false,
                success: function (response) {

$('#gridSerialSearchResult').html(response);//show the gridview
                    $('#tabStripPartial').html('');//and hide the other partial view
                }
            });
        }

</script>

<script>

$(document).ready(function () {

$("#searchBox").kendoAutoComplete({
                dataSource: {
                    transport: {
                        read: {
                            url: "/SiteInfo/GetSiteInfos"
                        }
                    }
                },
                dataTextField: "Nev",
                placeholder: "Search site...",
                autoWidth: true,
                select: refreshPartialView
            });
        });

$(document).ready(function () {

$("#searchSerial").kendoAutoComplete({
                dataSource: {
                    transport: {
                        read: {
                            url: "/Jegyzokonyv/GetSerials"
                        }
                    }
                },
                placeholder: "Search serial...",
                autoWidth: true,
                filter: "contains",
                select: refreshSerialGrid
            });
        });

</script>
</head>

<body>
    <header>
        <div class="content-wrapper">
            <div class="float-left">
                <p class="site-title">@Html.ActionLink("Home", "Index", "Home")</p>
            </div>

<div class="float-right">
                @(Html.Kendo().Menu().Name("navmenu").Items(i =>
            {

if (Request.IsAuthenticated)
                {
                    i.Add().Text("Search").Content("<input id='searchBox'/>");
                    i.Add().Text("Tools").Items(children =>
                    {
                        children.Add().Text("Reports").Items(children2 =>
                        {
                            children2.Add().Text("Report 1");
                            children2.Add().Text("Report 2");
                            children2.Add().Text("Report 3");
                        });
                        children.Add().Text("Search serial").Content("<input id='searchSerial'/>");
                        children.Add().Text("Account");//The problem is here, if I add Action("Index","Manage")
                        children.Add().HtmlAttributes(new { @class = "k-separator" });
                        children.Add().Text("Logout").HtmlAttributes(new { onClick = "javascript:document.getElementById('logoutForm').submit()" });
                    });

}
                else
                {
                    i.Add().Text("Login").Action("Login", "Account");
                }
                i.Add().Text("Contact").Action("Contact", "Home");
            }))
            </div>
        </div>

@using (Html.BeginForm("LogOff", "Account", FormMethod.Post, new { id = "logoutForm", @class = "navbar-right" }))
        {
            @Html.AntiForgeryToken()
        }
    </header>
    <div id="body" class="container">

@RenderSection("featured", required: false)

<section class="content-wrapper main-content clear-fix" id="mainBody">

@RenderBody()

@if (Request.IsAuthenticated)
            {
                @Html.Partial("_TabStripPartial")
                @Html.Partial("_SerialKeresoPartial")

//or this???
                //@RenderPage("_TabStripPartial.cshtml")
                //@RenderPage("_SerialKeresoPartial.cshtml")
            }

</section>

</div>

<footer>
        <div class="content-wrapper">
            <div class="float-left">
                <p>&copy; 2015-@DateTime.Now.Year</p>
            </div>
        </div>
    </footer>
</body>
</html>

Now as you can see, the site has a menu when user is not logged in with Login and Contact buttons only. After successful login
the user get the additional menu items. The 'Featured' section is still there.

I want to get the 2 serach result partial view and the account manage page to be shown on the same place. It's working when I only enable those 2 search partial view: at Javascript I fill one of them and clear the other. I hate this solution, do you have any other suggestion?

The _TabStripPartial view contains @Html.Kendo().TabStrip() element and the _SerialKeresoPartial view contains a @Html.Kendo().Grid(Model) grid with local data binding. Both works.

My questions:
1 - is it possible to get independent pages (depending on the menu selection) to body with removing the Featured section (I only want to see this section when the user hasn't made any interaction yet)
2 - is it possible to embed AutoComplete in Menu without that Javascript solution?
3 - after selecting item in either the first Autocomplete or in the other, how can I show those partial view in body and only the selected partial view, not both.
4 - if I add this Action("Index","Manage") after the account menu item, the site crashes at the first @Html.Partial part because of invalid operation (account management uses different model that this tabstrip partial view). How can I create more pages (including this account management) and show them on the same place in body?

Thanks

Attila

Nencho
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron