Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

First a little background information: In our system, we can configure a lot of things. Some of those things are HTML templates with variables that will be replaced by values from the database in our back-end. These variables are marked with brackets, such as `{title}`. If our database contains a field "title", the back-end will replace "{title}" with the actual value from the database in the HTML template.

In some cases, we want to add an inline css style on a HTML element with such a variable. However, Kendo Editor breaks this by removing the closing bracket. It only does this for inline styles, not for other attributes.

I can reproduce this problem on this demo page, by using the "View HTML" tool and pasting this source HTML there:

<div class="optionColor" style="background-color:{hexcolor};">Test</div>

If you click "Update" and then re-open the "View HTML" tool, the HTML will be this:

<div class="optionColor" style="background-color:{hexcolor;">Test</div>

I expect the HTML to stay the same here.

I have tried setting paste cleanup to "none", but that does not fix the problem (I thought that this might maybe be caused by some paste cleanup setting).

Is this a bug? Is there any way to fix this?

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2022
0 answers

Hello,

I am using a Kendo jquery editor in Angular, and I need to trigger a valueChange event for only when the user is entering and changing data, so that the document can be properly marked as dirty.  However, I am finding that the editor is injecting attributes on its own to image tags in the data, and these attributes are then triggering a false valueChange.  The attributes I have seen so far are:

• aria-describedby
  • class="k-state-border-down"
  • data-role="tooltip"

These attributes are typically added when the image is clicked on, or right-clicked after selection.  The blur event then causes a change event to trigger the valueChange.

Is it possible to suppress a valueChange when Kendo is adding these attributes?  Can you please provide examples of how we might be able to avoid these change events?

Thanks for your help,

Bob

Bob
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 12 May 2022
0 answers

Hi there,

I have integrated Telerik UI into our platform. It worked fine but recently when I try to edit my content in design mode the content is rendered in HTML mode not in text mode as it supposed to(see picture). Any idea as of why this is happening?

Best regards,

Gilles

GILLES
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 May 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I am trying to use kendo Editor MVC and jQuery in my web application, were i have  Kendo UI version 2015.1.318. but i am getting like this ".kendoEditor is not a function" . does kendo version 2015.1.318 supports Editor for MVC/Jquery?

Regards

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2022
1 answer

Hello experts

How do I match the front line? (When I set kendoForm, orientation: 'horizontal')

please Answerㅠㅠ

link : https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/form/configuration/items#itemscolspan

<form id="myForm"></form>

<script>
  $("#myForm").kendoForm({
    formData: {
        ID: 1,
        FirstName: "John",
        LastName: "Doe",
        Address: "London",
        Postcode: "SW1A 1AA"
    },
    layout:"grid",
    orientation: 'horizontal',
    grid: {
        cols: 2,
        gutter: 20
    },
    items: [{
        type: "group",
        label: "Personal Information",
        layout: "grid",
        colSpan: 2,
            cols: 2,
            gutter: 10
        },
        items:[{
            field: "FirstName",
            label: "First Name:",
            validation: { required: true },
            colSpan: 1
        },{
            field: "LastName",
            label: "Last Name:",
            colSpan: 1
        },{
            field: "Addresss",
            label: "Address:",
            colSpan: 2
        },{
            field: "Postcodee",
            label: "Postcode:",
        }]
    },{ 
        type: "group",
        label: "Shipping Address",
        layout: "grid",
            cols: 4,
            gutter: 10
        },
        items:[{
            field: "Address",
            label: "Address:",
        },{
            field: "Postcode",
            label: "Postcode:",
        }]
    }]
  });
</script>

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hello,

=> We have a solution that has multiple editors.
=> The editors have paste rules that are dynamic in nature,  editors can be added dynamically as well.
=> We implemented a common custom paste cleanup callback.
=> In this method, we need the reference to the editor where the paste was done, so that we can read the properties of the editor and determine what to keep in the pasted content.

There does not seem to be a way to find out which editor triggered the pasteCleanup callback,  the "this" variable has pasteCleanup settings and not the editor itself.

Is there a way to get a reference to the editor in question? We are using the focus/keydown events to keep track of active editors, however we might miss something somewhere, and would like the pasteCleanup callback itself to tell us what editor it has been called from.

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2022
1 answer

This is reproducible on the demo site.  When inline editing is used, the toolbar drag handle can be dragged outside of the boundaries of the browser, which then prevents it from being moved back into frame.  Is there some way to prevent this from happening?  Once the toolbar is dragged out of range, the only way to get it back is to refresh the page.

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hi,

For the various kendo editor tools like List, Table etc. we need to change the content before its inserted into the editor. For example, add a CSS class to a UL element or add some data properties.

How do we achieve this? We looked at the command event, however, changing values of the command does not seem to have any impact in the final HTML that is inserted into the editor.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Mar 2022
4 answers

I just started using the new feature to resize images in the editor and it works great!  However, we have a need to support fixed size images that cannot be resized by the end user creating documents in the editor.  So, can the resize be configured to turn on or off as needed?

Thanks, Bob

Filembar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 updated answer on 04 Mar 2022
2 answers

I am using multiple Kendo editors on a page, all with inline editing so that the toolbar shows/hides when the editor gains/loses focus for input.  One of the custom tools that was added to the toolbar is to open a symbol selection popup.  When the user navigates to a different editor, I would like to close the popup of the first editor, but I am not sure what event I should tie into to make this happen.  Is there an event for when the toolbar is hidden?

Thanks for your help, Bob

Bob
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 14 Feb 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron