Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

I am using a treelist with multicolumn headers and I have the left side of the treelist locked with the right side columns scrollable horizontally... In my overall layout I have a left hand menu that expands/collapses.. The treelist loads/appears fine but when I collapse the left nav an issue appears where the headers and exterior of the treelist expands as it should but when scrolling the columns the right side keeps the original size which makes it appear that they are cutoff.. screenshot attached ... should i be calling some type of resize/reinitialize when collapsing/expanding the menu?

Georgi Denchev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2021
0 answers

You can look at the kendo demo itself, click "Export to PDF", and you'll see the button.  It's not this way in the Kendo Grid though.

Thanks,

Chris

ASG
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 15 Jun 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I just upgraded to Kendo UI 2021 R1 version from 2020 R2.

Now I am trying to implement simple predefined (column) views for my gantt widget.

I have approx. 35 possible columns for my gantt and five "config" arrays which define which columns should be visible and in which order (usual case is 5-10 columns visible at the time). I have five buttons which trigger reorder and show/hide columns methods from gantt list.

I made this to work, but this tends to be quite slow specially if my project has many elements in tree.

Just to reorder elements before showing/hiding them, it takes more than half second (closer to 1 sec) per item to reorder as shown below.

measure reorder 0.9938250000122935
measure reorder 0.84582499996759
measure reorder 0.8179099999833852
measure reorder 0.8124349999707192
measure reorder 0.8222400000086054
measure reorder  0.670899999910034

Then, to show desired columns and hide others it takes additional 0.5 sec per hide/show method. (see below)

measure  show 0.5577549999579787
measure  show 0.43599000002723187
measure  show 0.4385149999288842
measure  show 0.42784000001847744
measure  show 0.44247000000905246

measure hide 0.4437199999811128
measure hide 0.440279999980703
measure hide 0.4344099999871105
measure hide 0.43585499993059784
measure hide 0.4289250000147149
measure hide 0.4369650000007823

This results in quite slow response - changing of views takes between 2 (smaller projects) to 10 seconds (medium/bigger projects).

measure table switch 9.914615000016056

Is there any better way to do this or could I simply prepare view in behind and replace current gantt.list.columns array with new one - because this switching logic is not acceptable from performance of point of view.

UPDATE: I tested further - seems that depth and how much tree is expanded is making a big impact on performance.

Thank you and best regards,

Vedad

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2021
8 answers

Hi:

I'm trying to filter a treelist in a toolbar - in a similar manner that I have done with grids - but can't seem to get it to work.  I have a demo of my attempt at https://dojo.telerik.com/@rswetnam/olUQaQOb/3 - any assistance greatly appreciated.

Anton Mironov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Apr 2021
4 answers
When I expand a parent, the loading and collapse icons appear simultaneously and the UI looks awkward. The collapse icon spins when the  loading of children happens. How can I prevent this? I would like the k-i-collapse icon to appear only after the loading finishes.
George Gindev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2021
12 answers

I have an application where the order of siblings under a node in the tree list is important and I would like to build upon the the demo at https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/treelist/dragdrop whereby if I drag a node up or down within a branch, I can persist its order. 

In this example, if I drag Rinah above Akim in the list beneath Hyacinth, I would like to persist that order.  

I have been doing this fairly crudely by assigning an order field to each node - but figure there must be a better way.  Any suggestions?  

Roger
Top achievements
Rank 2
Veteran
 answered on 12 Feb 2021
2 answers

I have a TreeList that I am able to load with specified branches opened and rows selected using local data.  However, if I access the same data from a remote source, the TreeList populates correctly but none of the specified branches and rows perform as they should.  I have illustrated this problem at https://dojo.telerik.com/@rswetnam/AtILeDOT.

I believe it may have to do with the fact that the remote data is generating a list while the local data is generating an array - but am unable to figure out how to resolve this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

nb - this thread follows up on thread https://www.telerik.com/forums/open-specific-treelist-node-upon-page-load---one-level-deep-only which was successfully resolved.

Roger
Top achievements
Rank 2
Veteran
 answered on 27 Jan 2021
6 answers

I would like to be have a particular TreeList node open upon page load when the id of the row/node that I want opened was passed in as a parameter and want only first child row opened.  I have cloned  Expand Selected Nodes Example" in the documentation and started this process at https://dojo.telerik.com/@rswetnam/igOwIcUk/8.  

Any help in figuring out how to complete this so that I am able to pass in the parameter (in this case 2 for condiments) instead of clicking on the node I want to expand would be greatly appreciated.

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jan 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I'm using TreeList kendo component and there's a case when I need to force refresh of the whole tree node (sometimes it might have quite deep nesting level) and that's causing UI freeze for up to a few seconds.

I'm using the KendoTreeList API like:

```

treeList.kendoTreeList({

expand: function (e) {

this.dataItem(e.model).loaded(false);
              }

})

```

I tried profiling this code and found out that lots of rendering calls (like removeChildData(), removeItems()) is happening during the freeze. As I understand, kendo is cleaning up the subnodes and it takes a while. Is there a way to force refresh of a single node more efficiently? Any help would be appreciated.

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2020
3 answers

I have a problem with treelists in FireFox (Chrome and Edge work fine).

When you resize a column with the mouse to the absolute minimum you can no longer grab the side of the column to widen it again.

Is there a way to set a minimum column size in treelists? If so, I haven't found it.

Thank you for your time,

Hans

Anton Mironov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2020
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron