Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
5 answers

The first time the tooltip shows, it is positioned in the middle of the item. Subsequently, it is positioned correctly. Here is a dojo.

If you hover over any of the boxes, the first time the tooltip shows it is pointing to approximately the bottom of the first line of text in the box. Subsequently, the tooltip is shown pointing to the top of the box (or the bottom, for the first box).

I am basing this off an old thread and its jsbin so it is certainly possible I'm doing something wrong.

Added bonus: sometimes the tooltip doesn't auto-hide. I haven't figured out the details of that yet.

Jay
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 23 Mar 2020
13 answers
Hi 

i was wondering if it is possible to add a url link inside a tool tip. so the same way you would use 
<a href="url">Link text</a>
but showing up inside the tool tip. and of course it being clickable and leading you to the listed website. 

thank you
Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2019
1 answer
1.6K+ views

Hi, 

AS my title says, how do I add a tooltip to a disabled kendoButton, for the purpose of telling a user why its disabled.

Dojo: https://dojo.telerik.com/OTOpIrOV

Thanks, 

Grant

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2019
2 answers

Hi,

Currently am displaying a tooltip in header using the below code. however i want to display a image inside tooltip.

{

field: 'country', title='country', headerTemplate: "<u class='uom fa fa-info-circle fa-lg' data-container='body' title='' data-toggle='tooltip' data-original-title='Golden Standard'></u>"

}

i.e., something like this. but when i try the below code, the html inside the 'data-original-title' is showing as plain text instead of rendering as html.

{
    field: 'Country', title='Country', headerTemplate: "<u class='uom fa fa-info-circle fa-lg' data-container='body' title='' data-toggle='tooltip' data-original-title='<i class="fa fa-square" style="color:PaleGoldenRod"></i> Golden Standard'></u>"
}

In the DataBound event of a grid, am using below code to show tooltip.,
dataBound: function (e) {
        $("[data-toggle='tooltip']").tooltip();
}

Please see the attached screenshot for refrence.

Thanks in advance.

Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2019
3 answers

Hello, 

I am having a weird bug with the tooltip when using Firefox. The tooltip works correctly on Chrome and Safari, but with Firefox, the tooltip opens, closes, and reopens several times within a second and is stuck in an endless loop. I tried removing animations, changing the structure that invokes the tooltip, took out the onClick event and several other things, but nothing works. Firefox still has a bug on the tooltips. 
The tooltip on the bottom left side of the page works, but the tooltip on the bottom right is the problematic tooltip. Both tooltips shared the same code, but I broke the code into two sections and changed the logic, the tooltip on the left has the tooltip position on the left, whereas the tooltip on the right has the tooltip position to show on the left. I had thought that this may be the problem as the position was not right, but that did not solve the issue either. 

When debugging, I am seeing a k-animation container go from various classes. When the tooltip is shown, I see a tt_active class with display block, and when hidden, no class but display none. I have attached the files. 

The bug can be reproduced by clicking on the map marker image at the bottom right of the page for every scene. The tooltip that works is on the bottom left. The URL is gregoryalexander.com/indexNew.cfm. The bug only exists when using firefox. Chrome works. 

On another note, I wanted the tooltip (that is working) on the left to be colored blue, and the tooltip to the right (that is broken) to be colored green. These are the two colors of my logo at the top of the page. I tried to use the ID of the element and the k-tooltip class like so, but it did not work. I tried many other options, and can't seem to get the tooltips to use different colors without breaking the tooltip. How can I prefix the class or element when I style the .k-tooltip class like so?

#aboutThisImage .k-tooltip {
background: #698A50 !important;   
width: var(--toolTipWidth);
height: var(--toolTipHeight);/*<cfif session.isMobile>175<cfelse>215</cfif>px;*/
font-size: var(--toolTipFontSize);
border-radius: 10px;
/* Subtle drop shadow on the main layer */
box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19);
}

gregory
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 May 2019
2 answers

Hello,

I encountered strange behaviour of kendo ui tooltip in Chrome.

Steps to reproduce:

1. use Chrome (version 73.0.3683.103)  to go to tooltip demo https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/tooltip/index
  2. set focus to document (click on page)
  3. move mouse pointer pixel by pixel to upper/center border of any of the yellow dots (that are showing tooltip)

=> if you hit the border tooltip starts appearing and disappering forever

Regards

Dirk

Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 May 2019
5 answers
5.8K+ views
Was wondering how I can change the overall look of the tooltip.

I haven't seen any documentation on this or if this is even possible, but I would like to change the look of the tooltips and was not sure what classes the tooltips are inherited from or where to begin.  Currently it seems the background colors are being inherited from my page background.

It seems currently the tooltip attributes are concrete and I would like to attempt to make one where the size of the tooltip is determined by content.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to change look and feel.

Thanks
Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Feb 2019
2 answers

Hi,

I'm using a kendoTooltip control with the content.url configuration.

The problem is it takes a second or so to load the content, which is a long time when you're hovering over something frequently.

I'd like to know if it's possible to programatically load the content in the background (say, a few seconds after the page loads). Then when the user hovers over the target control, the tooltip can display instantly (having already loaded the content).

Thanks,

George

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Dec 2018
3 answers

I can't find solution for this bug after update from 2017 to 2018 Kendo UI.

Everything is on the screenshot.

Thanks in advance

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2018
3 answers

Hi,

I'm using Kendo DataSource with templates.But also I've to using Kendo.Tooltip with this Itemtemplate.

I'm wondering if i have any chance to get data without givin a div or any html tag as a data attirbutes from my ItemTemplate to myTooltip template?

Normally you can set data tag with any html tag like this

<div class="col1" data-HistoryType="#:HistoryType#"></div>

and reach data in tooltip like #=target.data('HistoryType')# 

But my problem is a have many data to need to pass tooltip like that.

Here is my code example,

//I'm reach the model data using like #:HistoryType# etc.

<script type="text/x-kendo-template" id="newsfeedsItemTemplate">
    <li id="items">
        <div class="col1">
            <div class="cont">
                <div class="cont-col1">
                    <div class="label label-sm #:IconColor#">
                        <i class="#:FontAwesomeIconName#"></i>
                    </div>
                </div>
                <div class="cont-col2">
                    <div class="desc">
                        #:shortenText(Description,49)#
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </li>
</script>
<script type="text/x-kendo-template" id="newsFeedsToolTipTemplate">
     //I want to reach here model data  I didnt use in Itemtemplate like ObjectName
    <div>#:ObjectName#</div>
</script>
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2018
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron