Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

Hello,

is there a way to have shape fills that are more complex than rgb-values, for example a diagonal hatch fill?

my knowledge on the map control and svgis limited. my current approach is to create a pattern via jquery when the map is created:

jQuery("map svg defs").html(''
            + '<pattern id="diagonalHatch" width="10" height="10" patternTransform="rotate(45 0 0)" patternUnits="userSpaceOnUse">'
            + '  <line x1="0" y1="0" x2="0" y2="10" style="stroke:red; stroke-opacity:0.4; stroke-width:8" />'
            + '</pattern>';

then i use the def as fill for shapes when they are created:

shape.fill("url(#diagonalHatch)");

this works fine, but i want to have opacity or color depend on other parameters, which would result in many defs.

Do you have any suggestions?

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jul 2019
1 answer
We seem to be getting a few network errors where tile.openstreetmap.org (a,b,c, subdomains) are sometimes unavailable.   What would be the best way to detect this and then display a message to the user that "Map is not Available"?
Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2019
2 answers
The example found on the documentation to change to a custom background marker does not work. https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/diagrams-and-maps/map/how-to/custom-markers is not working as the background image, https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/content/shared/images/we-are-here.png, does not exist (404 error).
gregory
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Apr 2019
3 answers

New user here - I am trying to set up a SharePoint site (2010/2013 on prem) and insert the Kendo UI map control with the geoJSON data to create a clickable world map.  I have follow the example and uploaded all the corresponding files.

I can get the regular map to display, but the geoJSON map is just blank, with the zoom/pan controls visible. I know there were other threads saying to be sure that you added json to the MIME types, but that appears to already be there in IIS on my SharePoint server.

Here is what I am seeing (attached).

Any other thoughts/suggestions?  Is there any particular issue with using this control in SharePoint?

Thanks

Alex Hajigeorgieva
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Mar 2019
1 answer

I have a kendoMap with dataSource transport read which loads the locations for the markers. Because it loads thousands of coordinates I would need a progress bar on the map to let the user know that the map is loading. Is this possible? I'm using Bing type map.

$("#map").kendoMap({
            center: centerCoordinates,
            zoom: zoomLevel,
            layerDefaults: {
                bing: {
                    culture: "hu-HU"
                }
            },
            layers: [
                {
                    type: "bing",
                    imagerySet: "road",
                    key:"XXXXXXXXXXXXX"
                },
                {
                    dataSource: {
                        transport: {
                            read: {
                                url: url,
                                type: 'GET',
                                contentType: "application/json; charset=utf-8",
                                dataType: 'json',
                                data: json
                            }
                        }
                    },
                    type: "marker",
                    locationField: "LatLng",
                    titleField: "Name",
                    shape: "pin"
                }],
            markerActivate: function(e) {
                e.marker.element.addClass(e.marker.dataItem.Color);
            },
            markerClick: function (e) {
                //some more code exists here...
            },
            zoomEnd: zoomEndControl,
            pan: panControl,
            panEnd: panEndControl
        });

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2019
1 answer

Hi,

I can use kendo map as an image viewer?

In other words, i can produce my own custom tile provider that create the images flux from a static image? 

marc.

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2018
1 answer

So I'm trying this software out as an alternative to Google GeoCharts. I'm ultimately going to be creating an interactive choropleth, but right now I'm just seeing if this will work in Angular 6. I did the npm install, and then in my component I import * as kendo from "@telerik/kendo-intl". (Note that it would be great if you guys supported something other than AngularJS.) 

OnInit I'm calling the function below, but all I get is an error that 'Property 'kendoMap' does not exist on type 'JQuery<HTMLElement>'.

Do I need to actually download the Kendo for jQuery and include everything in my project for this to work? I assumed the npm install would have what I needed.

Anyway, appreciate the help.

createMap() {
    $("#map").kendoMap({
      center: [30.268107, -97.744821],
      zoom: 3,
      layers: [
        {
          type: "tile",
          urlTemplate:
            "http://#= subdomain #.tile.openstreetmap.org/#= zoom #/#= x #/#= y #.png",
          subdomains: ["a", "b", "c"],
          attribution:
            "&copy; <a href='http://osm.org/copyright'>OpenStreetMap contributors</a>"
        }
      ],
      markers: [
        {
          shape: "pinTarget",
          tooltip: {
            content: "Austin, TX"
          }
        }
      ]
    });
  }

Alex Hajigeorgieva
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Dec 2018
4 answers

Hi,

What is the most efficient way to update the map layer datasource? For this map I use a url I'd like updated (because a get parameter changes).

I read this: http://d585tldpucybw.cloudfront.net/forums/change-marker-layer%27s-data-source

But it's outdated, currently there is no more _initDataSource() and the setDataSource() did find its way to the layer object but I can't get it to work:

don't find an example for it.

also, I tried:

var layer = $("#selectionMap").data("kendoMap").layers[0];
layer.dataSource.transport ={read:$scope.baseUrl+"/MapStatistics"+"?countryvar="+$scope.ui.subSelections.countryVar};
layer.reset();

Also tried this:

layer.setDataSource({type: "geojson",transport: {read:$scope.baseUrl+"/MapStatistics"+"?countryvar="+$scope.ui.subSelections.countryVar}})

Error: this.dataSource.unbind is not a function

So my question: Is there an efficient way to do this so the map is reloaded on layer url update?

thanks,

Arno

​

Alex Hajigeorgieva
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2018
3 answers

https://dojo.telerik.com/@alexy99/EKomOrIh

I'm trying to follow below document to link markers with Paths, but every layer is ignoring my paths. No error messages.

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/diagrams-and-maps/map/how-to/link-marker-to-location

Thanks,

Alex

Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jun 2018
9 answers
I am using the map and all is working mostly. My problem is how can I change the map marker based on the data feed?

I am getting my data as latlng = [32.123, 80.123], name = "KDAY", color = "green"

I can get the marker to show up in the correct place and the name set properly the next thing I need to do is set the color of the marker based on the color field. I have three different colors that I need to be able to use.

Any ideas?
Alex Hajigeorgieva
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2018
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron