Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

While following the telerik example of how to set the position of the x and x axis labels on a chart (link below) Visual Studio gives me an error "'position' does not exist in type 'ChartYAxisItemLabels'".

I checked the kendo.all.d.ts (version v2023.1.314) file that is referenced by my project and the interface is defined as follows:

interface ChartYAxisItemLabels {
        background?: string | undefined;
        border?: ChartYAxisItemLabelsBorder | undefined;
        color?: string | undefined;
        culture?: string | undefined;
        dateFormats?: ChartYAxisItemLabelsDateFormats | undefined;
        font?: string | undefined;
        format?: string | undefined;
        margin?: number | ChartYAxisItemLabelsMargin | undefined;
        mirror?: boolean | undefined;
        padding?: number | ChartYAxisItemLabelsPadding | undefined;
        rotation?: number | ChartYAxisItemLabelsRotation | undefined;
        skip?: number | undefined;
        step?: number | undefined;
        template?: string|Function | undefined;
        visible?: boolean | undefined;
        visual?: Function | undefined;
    }

Adding the following line to the interface resolves the VS error and allows the TypeScript to compile and, when implemented, does move the axis labels to the "start" position just like in the telerik dojo example.

position?: string | undefined;

My question is; Why is the position setting not provided on the TypeScript interface to begin with?

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/dataviz/ui/chart/configuration/xaxis.labels#xaxislabelsposition

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Apr 2023
1 answer

Hi Guys,

Have just been reading through the Kendo UI for jQuery R2 2023 Roadmap and the following statements from the 'Content Security Policy (CSP) compliance' section caught my eye

- With R2 2023, we plan to replace all font icons internally used with SVG icons in order to address the font-src directive;
    - Further in 2023, we plan to detach font-related CSS from Kendo themes in order to remove the need for the font-src directive.

Does this mean

a) SVG icons will become the default set.
    b) Can this default still be overridden via the command - kendo.setDefaults('iconType', 'font'); so that all controls still render Font icons instead of SVGs.

or

c) Font Icons are being completely removed from Kendo UI for jQuery.

Please could you advise on the above because if the answer is c) this will not be a 'Improvement' for me and I will have to make major changes to my usage and documentation to accommodate this change going forward.

Regards
    Alan

Patrick | Technical Support Engineer, Senior
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Apr 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I have a licensed kendo 2019 version in my application. Since Kendo provides individual scripts to include rather than the entire library ,I have the required  Chart Scripts in my ASP.NET MVC application.

I have upgraded the version from 2019 to the latest 2023.1.314. The 2023 upgrade includes a lot of breaking changes that includes a bunch of individual .js files. In summary, now it only needs to have:

• Theme based css (default-main.css)
  • Jquery (The current version in my application is 3.6.4)
  • kendo.all.min.js

Including the above 3 works as expected. However ,when using just the individual scripts for charts rather than the whole set of library which is a huge file, the kendo.drawing.js file breaks .Attachment includes the snapshot for the error.

So the question is, with the 2023 upgrade, Do I have to use kendo.all.min.js rather than using the individual scripts for just the components I have?

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2023
1 answer

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/components/dropdowns/multiselect/checkboxes/ (looking to implement something like this but with Kendo UI for jQuery)

I am looking to implement a multi-select with checkboxes. I found kendo provides an option for Angular, but I am looking to see if this is provided with Kendo UI for jQuery, if so, any documentation I can look into?

I am also looking to add, a Select All checkbox which will select all options if checked, if unchecked, need to unselect all the options. Is there any built-in functionality to achieve this?

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2023
1 answer
1.6K+ views

Previously I've been using kendo.bootstrap-v4.min.css, which is now throwing a 404 with 2023.1.314.

Documentation specifies the following which also throws a 404.

http://https://docs.telerik.com/aspnet-core/installation/adding-client-side-resources/cdn-service

<link href="https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2023.1.314/styles/kendo.bootstrap-main.min.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Regards,

Heath

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Mar 2023
1 answer

Using the latest @progress/kendo-ui, and am able to write things ok, however, the imports of the components don't yield any intellisense information to VSCode, so I can't infer types or functions.

Does anyone know how to import a kendo ui component so that VSCode picks up the type definition?

Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 21 Feb 2023
1 answer
1.0K+ views

I am using dart sass to try to apply my custom colors, but it doesn't want to override the file per the documented instructions. In the first example, it does compile but the color isn't overridden in the file.

Using package sass v1.58.0

This doesn't override the primary color:

$primary: #4dcae6;

@import "~@progress/kendo-theme-default/dist/all.scss";

Apparently you can use the @use statement with a `with ( ... )` and that's supposed to work, but if I do that, I get the error "This variable was not declared with !default in the @used module.". I'm stuck.

@use "@progress/kendo-theme-default/dist/all.scss" with (
    $primary: #4dcae6
)
Ivan Zhekov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2023
0 answers

Good afternoon,

I've been working on an effort to replace angularJS with Kendo for JQuery.  For the most part, there's been a solution for everything, but I'm running into a bit of a hiccup.  Is there some sort of equivalent I can use to replace the dir-pagination directive (which can be applied to things like TR or LI elements) that angular uses?

Thanks,

R-T
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 Feb 2023
2 answers
1.1K+ views

Hello, 

I recently upgrade my Angular project to Angular 15.

My project uses Kendo-UI for Angular, version 2022.3.1109. I can build the Angular project successfully, however, at runtime I get the following error.

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at Object.<anonymous> (main.js:1:289462)
    at 56426 (main.js:1:4601988)
    at r (runtime.js:1:143)
    at 51403 (main.js:1:207525)
    at r (runtime.js:1:143)
    at Ln (main.js:1:6260043)
    at main.js:1:6260064
    at n (runtime.js:1:2659)
    at main.js:1:69

I have no direct reference to JQuery in my Angular project. 

I was able to trace the problem to the following lines of code.

Which comes from kendo.router.js

Could someone help me understand the problem, it seems like there is an issue with Kendo-UI for Angular, version 2022.3.1109, JQuery is not being properly defined.

By the way, I also attempted to follow the guide Kendo UI for jQuery Integration. Same result.

Any help/tips are appreciated.

Thank you.

Yanmario
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jan 2023
2 answers

Please, look at here:

https://dojo.telerik.com/uXaWUMuz

I'm trying to trigger the "change" event of my select.

data-bind="select: onSelect"

But, as seen from the js console,  "select" returns an error and "change" is not supported.

I tried with

data-bind="events: { select: onSelect }"

"Click" works fine  but it not exactly what i want...

Can you help me?

Many thanks ☺

Lyuboslav
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron