Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers

Hi,

I would like to be able to toggle planned vs actual view on gantt outside of gantt toolbar as I have a few other steps and conditions to fulfill before I show the data.

Is there any method for doing this or any way you would recommend?

Thank you and regards,

Vedad

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2021
1 answer

Hi, 

I started implementing planned vs actual feature and I have found a possible bug in the feature. It seems that delay part gets calculated in some cases and even if planned and actual start and end dates are exactly the same, delay is calculated and displayed. (1 day delay)

See the screenshot from the dojo:
Steps to reproduce:
- I used dojo out of feature demo and modified it so planned start and end are editable.
- I added new task with duration of one day. Set planned dates to match actual.
- Extended task duration by 2 days by dragging end.
- Changed planned end to match new actual

After this delay remains one day..

I can reproduce this on my local as well, where I have dates set by server.

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Vedad

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2021
1 answer

How do I get the value of a FilterMenu?

Code example:

$("#filter-menu").kendoFilterMenu({
dataSource: dataSource,
field: "title",
extra: false,
});
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I recently upgraded our apps to latest kendo UI version and one of things we had implemented is broken: 

Collapse/expand gantt list to a certain level (for example I want only first or first two levels to be expanded).

Before we used data-level property that was part of gantt list, but it seems that with R3 2020 since gantt custom list was replaced with a treelist this is gone.

Was this property removed by accident or it is intentional? If it was intentional, could you advice on new approach.

I would like avoid iterating through all elements and finding structure, since we have cases where projects have a lot of elements and also some other conditions included.

Thanks

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2021
1 answer

In the documentation I found how to change the main tooltip for a task start/end. Actually I want to keep it.

But how could I change only the planned tooltip? 

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jun 2021
1 answer

Hi,

Can I set different rowHeights for different tasks?

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2021
1 answer
I created a custom view by taking inspiration from the one here. And like in this demo, the name of the selected custom view disappears from the dropdown when I make my window smaller. Do you plan to fix this bug soon?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2021
1 answer

Hi All,

I need Kendo Gantt Chart Export to Excel option how can be do if any example is there please provide me, please help me to provide excel option.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I have a task with long name and after exporting it to pdf, name is shown partially.

I tried to change width of the column before exporting and reset it after it:

let columns = $("#gantt").getKendoGantt().options.columns; columns[3].width = 1500; $("#gantt").getKendoGantt().setOptions({columns: columns}); outerThis.gantt.saveAsPDF();

but it broke my gantt chart, because I have other methods in databound and databinding which resets after setOptions.

I also tried to change height of my rows, but it broke dependencies like shown in Screenshot(120).

How can I solve this problem? Is there any way to change only the width of the column without changing other things?

Thanks 

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I have a Gantt with a big data (3 years) and after exporting to pdf it is cropped. Is there any limitation and how can I solve this problem??

Thanks

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron