Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

I've got a Gantt chart that I've limited the amount of customization, just defined it using two two datasources, a single 'Title' column and some Pdf settings. Whenever I export to Pdf, it's huge width, and all of my tasks are slotted in the first time slot.

I was using R2 2021, so I just updated to R3, v2021.3.914 and I'm still seeing the same behaviour.

I think I'm going a bit nuts since other users seem to be able to export to Pdf no problem. I had a custom JS build including only the components I require, so I wonder if I'm missing a dependency that helps with the time aspect of Pdf? So I tried using kendo.all.min.js and I'm still having some pretty unfortunate PDF exports.

The datasources aside (they seem to be operating fine, all the behaviour and functionality in the Gantt chart seems to be working without error), here is the init of my Gantt.

$("#gantt").kendoGantt({
    dataSource: tasks,
    dependencies: dependencies,
    columns: [
        { field: "title", title: "Title" }
    ],
    pdf: {
        fileName: 'GanttTest.pdf',
        paperSize: 'auto',
        landscape: true
    }
});

I've attached a screenshot of the UI, which is great. The tasks are all working fine in the UI, the dependencies all work. You can see where the times are slotted in the UI.

Then when I export to PDF, you can see the tasks are all incorrectly rendered under the 8AM time slot, and the other time slots are taking up way too much of the PDF making it pretty much useless as an export.

I've also tried playing with paper sizes in the pdf settings, which usually results in cutting off the content, even though the tasks are still all rendered under the 8AM time slot.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Kevin

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2021
1 answer

Hi,

So when working with the Gantt timeline I came upon a weird issue.

I have a simple view in which I enabled editing the title directly in the tree view. 
When I click the 'add task' button after loading the page it works without issues. A new item will be added to the end of the list like it should.

After double clicking into any task and changing the title, this button does not really work anymore.
For some reason the menu, that usually only shows up, when an entry is selected, will appear.
Clicking 'add above' or 'add below' only produces console errors since there is obviously no item selected (see attached image).

It makes no difference if the task has been modified using the dialog or by double clicking the title in the left pane and editing it there.

This behavior also occurs in the linked dojo using the latest Kendo version (2021.2.616)
https://dojo.telerik.com/uBAHUgOy

In our project I temporarily solved it by re-selecting the entry in the save event listener but I think this is a more general issue with the gantt timeline.

save: function (data) {
    window.setTimeout(()=>{
     $timelineArea.data("kendoGantt").select('tr[data-uid="' + data.task.uid +'"]')
}, 500)
},

Thanks in advance for helping comments

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2021
3 answers

Hi,

I would like to be able to toggle planned vs actual view on gantt outside of gantt toolbar as I have a few other steps and conditions to fulfill before I show the data.

Is there any method for doing this or any way you would recommend?

Thank you and regards,

Vedad

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2021
1 answer

Hi, 

I started implementing planned vs actual feature and I have found a possible bug in the feature. It seems that delay part gets calculated in some cases and even if planned and actual start and end dates are exactly the same, delay is calculated and displayed. (1 day delay)

See the screenshot from the dojo:
Steps to reproduce:
- I used dojo out of feature demo and modified it so planned start and end are editable.
- I added new task with duration of one day. Set planned dates to match actual.
- Extended task duration by 2 days by dragging end.
- Changed planned end to match new actual

After this delay remains one day..

I can reproduce this on my local as well, where I have dates set by server.

If there is anything else I can do to assist, please let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Vedad

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2021
0 answers

Please see the image marked. Looking for the same functionality at the parent element.

Unnikrishnan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 Jul 2021
1 answer

How do I get the value of a FilterMenu?

Code example:

$("#filter-menu").kendoFilterMenu({
dataSource: dataSource,
field: "title",
extra: false,
});
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I recently upgraded our apps to latest kendo UI version and one of things we had implemented is broken: 

Collapse/expand gantt list to a certain level (for example I want only first or first two levels to be expanded).

Before we used data-level property that was part of gantt list, but it seems that with R3 2020 since gantt custom list was replaced with a treelist this is gone.

Was this property removed by accident or it is intentional? If it was intentional, could you advice on new approach.

I would like avoid iterating through all elements and finding structure, since we have cases where projects have a lot of elements and also some other conditions included.

Thanks

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2021
1 answer

In the documentation I found how to change the main tooltip for a task start/end. Actually I want to keep it.

But how could I change only the planned tooltip? 

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jun 2021
1 answer

Hi,

Can I set different rowHeights for different tasks?

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2021
1 answer
I created a custom view by taking inspiration from the one here. And like in this demo, the name of the selected custom view disappears from the dropdown when I make my window smaller. Do you plan to fix this bug soon?
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron