Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
1.0K+ views

Hi guys

I am loosely trying to recreate this sample   editing nodes using a form, but using the kendo form as I like the ability to add validation etc

The first time I create the form it works.. but if I try to update it ( e,g select another node) , the values are not displayed. 

dojo

The above link hopefully explains what I mean.. I try destroying the form and then remaking it ( resetting the fields to the new values) , but I never get to see the new values. ( click on the open form button a 2nd time)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Rob

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 31 May 2021
1 answer

hello everyone 

i have a checkbox group inside a form

when ever i clear the form with form.clear or even with the default clear button of the form , the value attribute of checkbox become empty and from that time i can not work with items of checkboxgroup with theirs value.

is there any one can help me?

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 May 2021
3 answers

I have noticed that the function kendoForm is missing in kendo.all.d.ts (v2021.1.119)

Is that an oversight, or is Telerik trying to tell me something :-)

Stoyan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Apr 2021
3 answers

Hi,

Does anyone know how to customize the size of every components in Kendo Form using JQuery at the beginning of form component initialization stage?

Thanks.

Eric

Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2021
1 answer

Hello,

Is there an example of a masked textbox inside the kendo form?

Thank you,

Jeff

Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2021
2 answers

Hello

I'd like to make a custom editor for the Form.  I would like to have a button and a read-only textbox.  The button trigger a method that opens a dialog containing a list of items.  The item(s) are selected and the data is returned back to the form and placed i the text box.

Is this possible?  Any chance there are more examples of custom editors?

Thank you

Jeff

Jeffrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Iron
 answered on 12 Feb 2021
2 answers

According to following example (https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/form/index), it is great and easy to create a kendoForm with validation.

...but I would like to customize rendered form, for example, I would like to place formItems into tabstrip

...or I would like to move some items, add custom text between them and etc...

Does exists any way for this (...except using react :-D ) ...or is it possible to do this with another way => generate kendoForm from existing bootstrap html form (with all kendo form features and kendo validation)?

Thanks a lot for each idea.

Stoyan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Nov 2020
3 answers
2.5K+ views

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am working on a Kendo Form in which I would like one of the fields to be read only. The field's definition is simply: { field: "someField", label: "Some Field" }

In order to make the field read-only I'm guessing I should be using the "attributes" property but I'm not sure. I have not found any example on the use of the "attributes" property.

Would you be able to provide an example showing how to make the field read-only please?

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Herrick

Acq
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Nov 2020
3 answers

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a transposed Kendo grid on a page (as described here) where I am trying to mimic the Kendo grid's popup editor using a Form inside a Kendo Window. Clicking an edit button causes a window to be created along with its contained form. This works as expected on the first click since I see the values of the object passed in via the formData property appearing on the form. Submitting the form closes the window and attempts to destroy the form so it can be recreated on subsequent requests to edit the underlying object. Clicking the same edit button a second time should display the same form with its fields populated as the first time. For some reason this is not happening; the fields of the form are blank.

I've replicated the scenario in the following dojo: https://dojo.telerik.com/UsIQijOG

Steps to reproduce:

1. Click on the "Show Form" button to display a form where the fields are populated
  2. Click on the "Submit" button of the form to close the window
  3. Click on the "Show Form" button to display a form where the fields are blank

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Herrick

Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Sep 2020
2 answers

Hi Telerik community,

I hope you all are doing well.

One question, did some has a situation to add custom fields into a From Component, or for example a ListBox component?

Thank you & regards,

JB

Jasmin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2020
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron