Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers
Hi,

We ran into a serious issue with the switch, when applying custom labels (a must for international support).

If the on/off labels are changed - after initialization ($("#my...").kendoMobileSwitch({...})

it all works well.

If we change the value in code (either by referencing the checked attribute of the tag or by doing $("#my....").data("kendoMobileSwitch").options.checked = .... the visual display gets crazy, it loses the custom values, and in iOS seems to also lose the blue color for on.

The solution we found was to initialize the tag each time we are trying to set it's value. It works well, but we get a DOM leak, we get junk tags created in the DOM from the previous executions.

Suggestions for a workaround or fixes would be greatly appreciated.
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2013
1 answer
Hi, I'd really like to get the switch component work like the native one in international ios5 phone, where the labels are rendered in language independent I/O-style, see the attached graphic.

I tried the obvious, i.e. replacing the labels, ON => I and OFF => O, but the font used did not quite produce the desired look, especially the letter O seemed a little to small and not quite round.

Any advice how to improve the appearance in current KendoUI Mobile?

My development suggestion would be to include purely graphical verison as an alternative, what do you think is this possible, maybe in a future update?
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Dec 2012
8 answers
Hi,
I test a sample in it as follows 
http://jsfiddle.net/7WVqL/106/ 
When kendo bind model , switch show abnormal 

Thanks
Max 
John Bowyer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Oct 2012
8 answers
Hi! 
In the another forum thread you post me a fiddle with a switch example, this one:
http://jsfiddle.net/7WVqL/138/ 

It looks great and native on my iPad (with rounded corners), exactly as iPad native switch.

But in my project and actually also in your examples here http://demos.kendoui.com/mobile/switch/index.html  on iPad the switch looks not native (square corners), actually like in Chrome on Windows PC.

I can not figure out, how to make iPad native like in fiddle I posted here.

PS: please to see difference, open links I posted here on ipad or simulator.

Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2012
4 answers
Hi again!
For me it is an issue, if switch widget should "replace" checkbox on my iPad, it should also fire "changed" event.
Fiddle:
http://jsfiddle.net/GewUa/14/ 
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Sep 2012
2 answers
Hi, how do I disable a switch in Kendo Mobile?

I am using the following html:
<input data-role="switch" id="KeepMeSignedIn" name="KeepMeSignedIn" type="checkbox" disabled="true"></input>

Thanks in advance
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Sep 2012
1 answer
i have 2 views, the "main page" view and the "settings" view.

the "main page" view fires up as soon as the app starts and the "settings" view fires up when the user clicks on the settings icon.

i want to access a switch in the "settings view" from the "main view". 

the problem is that right now unless the user clicks the "settings view" first, the switch is not initialised so it is inaccessible.

what options do i have to make the switch on the "settings view" initialised from the very start?

thanks
Ali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Sep 2012
1 answer
HI,
I have used switch in listview. i want to change label of switch. i am able to made switches in listview using template. How can i change the label for the switches. My code:

<script id="StudentAttendenceTemplate" type="text/x-kendo-template">
        ${studentName} <input id="switchAttendence" data-role="switch" data-change="CraeteAttendence" type="checkbox" data-align="right" value="${studentID}"  />
 </script>

$("#listOfStudents").kendoMobileListView({
   dsData:[{studentID: "101", studentName: "Saurav" },{studentID: "102", studentName: "Sujan" }] 
                    dataSource: kendo.data.DataSource.create({ data: dsData }),
                    style: "inset",
                    template: $("#StudentAttendenceTemplate").html()
                });

Can any one suggest me the solution as soon as possible.

Thanking you,
Shree
Ron
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2012
0 answers
Hi all,

Did anyone face an issue like this ?, clicking on the switch in modal window, closes the modal window !
Harut
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Jul 2012
2 answers
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue where i have a switch control (Based on a input tag with type set to checkbox) embedded in an item in a list view. 

It works perfectly everywhere I test except on android 2.3.4 devices where it does not appear at all. (I have tested on a Samsung Galaxy S II and a Sony Xperia Arc S and it does not work on either phone)

I'd like to note that it does work on these devices when it is outside of a list view (ul, li tags) but the minute I place it inside one it disappears.

I use the following code in a view:

<ul data-role="listview" data-style="inset" data-type="group">
        <li>
            Africa
            <ul>
                <li data-icon="toprated"><input name="MyCheckBox" id="MyCheckBox" type="checkbox" data-role="switch"/></li>
            </ul>
        </li>
</ul>

Thanks,

Rob
Grant
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 May 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron