Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers
We are trying to bind the navigate and/or the viewShow events to one of our panes in a split view. However, the events only seem to fire on the initial page load, but after that, no matter how many times the view changes in the pane, no events fire. What is the correct way of getting these events to fire everytime? Currently we are using the following to bind the event:
data-bind="events: {navigate: alert('test')}"

Thanks for any help
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 01 Nov 2012
4 answers
Hi,

I need a mulitple pane for the splitiview.  And  I found out that there are 2 problems. 

Problem:
          How do I remove the spaces between the pane?  How to exclude the dots or page indicator? 

Note:
           I only need the mulitple pane with no space in between and page indicator.

Please check the attached file for the source code.

Thanks,
Mac

Core
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Oct 2012
1 answer
Im having trouble with the back button.  For some reason when i hover my mouse over it in Firefox 16.0.1 it doesnt register it as a link when the data-role="backbutton" is applied.  When i remove it it works great. 

When I go into Safari, the back button works.  Its weird, in FF the backbutton is styled pretty poorly, loooks like something isnt working.  Any thoughts on this

<div data-role="pane" data-layout="side-default" data-transition="slide">
    @* Menu: Level 1 *@
    <div data-role="view" data-title="Centro Web Panel" id="side-root">
        <header data-role="header">
            <div data-role="navbar">
               <span data-role="view-title"></span>
            </div>
        </header>

<ul data-role="listview" data-style="inset" @*data-source="splitViewCategories" data-template="categoriesTemplate"*@>
            @* TODO: Get rid of hard coded stuff *@
            <li><a class="km-listview-link" href="#side-inbox" data-role="listview-link">Todo</a></li>   
            <li><a class="km-listview-link" href="" data-role="listview-link">Drafts</a></li>   
            <li><a class="km-listview-link" href="" data-role="listview-link">Pending</a></li>   
            <li><a class="km-listview-link" href="" data-role="listview-link">Completed</a></li
        </ul>
    </div>

<div data-role="view" data-title="Todo" id="side-inbox">
        <header data-role="header">
            <div data-role="navbar">
                <a id="back-button" class="nav-button" data-align="left" data-role="backbutton">Back</a>
                <span data-role="view-title"></span>
            </div>
        </header>

<ul data-role="listview" data-style="inset">
            <li><a class="km-listview-link" href="" data-role="listview-link">Cardiology</a></li>   
            <li><a class="km-listview-link" href="" data-role="listview-link">Radiology</a></li>   
            <li><a class="km-listview-link" href="" data-role="listview-link">All Patients</a></li>   
        </ul>
    </div>

</div> @* --> end of left menu area *@
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Oct 2012
1 answer
Suppose an application based on a Kendo UI Mobile SplitView has a "side pane" with "side view 1" and "side view 2".
The "side layout" defines two buttons "layout 1" and "layout 2".
This application also has a "main pane" with "main view 1" and "main view 2".
Clicking "layout 1" should display "side view 1" in the side pane and "main view 1" in the "main pane", where as
Clicking "layout 2" should display "side view 2" in the side pane and "main view 2" in the "main pane" 

As per the documentation, it is possible to configure a button as follows:
<a id="layout1" data-role="button" href="#side-view1">
but this only triggers the navigation in the side pane.

It is also possible to configure a button as follows:
<a id="layout1" data-role="button" href="#main-view1" data-target="main-pane">
but this only triggers the navigation in the main pane.

How to programmatically trigger the navigation in both panes?

Jack
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 25 Aug 2012
0 answers
Hi can anyone let me know how to design a Clustered stack bar chart.
I have already designed stack barchart, but having no idea on clustered stack bar chart.?
nitin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Jul 2012
4 answers
We have one pane in our split view that contains search results. However this pane, when looked at in an android tablet has side scrolling enabled for some reason. In iPads the behaviour is as expected and side scrolling is not enabled. The search pane has a listview of results and can be limitlessly scrolled to the right in the android tablet, making it seem like the results disappeared. Is this a bug with the beta version? Or is there another setting we should be setting?
Maddy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jul 2012
1 answer
In the native SplitView, when you rotate the IPad to Portrait, the Left panel is hidden, and a button it added to the top left.  When this is selected the Left panel displays as a popup.

When I am testing the KendoUI Mobile demo for SplitView, it stays visible on Portrait rotation, and shrinks the width of the right panel.

Is this functionality existing or planned for the future?

Steve
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2012
1 answer
Hi,

The SplitView control is very cool. Is there any plan in the future that allows SplitViews to be nested in another view (such as TabView)? All our requirements (and designs) are currently based on this (see attached screenshot for example). Alternatively is there another way that 2 views can be hosted on same screen in a master/detail fashion?

Thank you.
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2012
2 answers
Hi,

I downloaded the examples from the website. The SplitView demo does not seem to be working (tested in Chrome of Firefox). It is only displaying the left hand panel and not the right. Please see the attached screen shot. Have tried to copy the example online but gives the same problem. 

How do I fix this?  

Thanks

Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jul 2012
1 answer
Hi all,

I'm looking at the splitview demo on this link http://demos.kendoui.com/beta/mobile/splitview/index.html and I try to create the prototype using its demo source code with kendo trial version, but I think the data-role 'splitview' and 'pane' didn't work well. Can anyone help me, please? Or this feature is available for only the licensing version?

Thanks 
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jun 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron