Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
2 answers
After doing two separate side by side examples of our apps and doing user acceptance testing with them.  I have a couple issues I would like help with.

1. The buttons within the NavBar are not the same tappable area.  I can fix some of this with css to make with wider or taller.  However it seems full native apps NavBar buttons in iOS can be tapped when tapping on the bottom portion of the status bar.  For example try to tap the back button by hitting closer to the carrier text on a full native app and it will go back. With Kendo UI within a Cordova shell it won't work unless you tap lower.  

Can you help me make this more native like? Watching people tap the back button sometimes 4 times makes for a lesser user experience.  Also have you seen this same effect in your internal testing?

I also have tested other known hybrid apps, which also exhibit this behavior, and wanted to know if this is a limitation to hybrid apps that use html for navigation.

2. Email Sending upon completion or cancel does not return to app

In a full native app in iOS when sending an email or trying to and canceling it goes back to the app.  I am currently using a mailto: link to create an email and it just goes to the email app after sending an email.

How can I get full native behavior using Cordova and Kendo on iOS?

3. Best practices for sliding transitions

What are the best practices for getting transitions to appear native like in iOS? Some times the screen scrolls inefficiently or jittery screaming a non native experience on a modern iPhone.

What are best practices on view initializations or other framework settings to minimize view transition speed/quality?

4. Text Selection

I want certain areas of my app to be selectable for users to copy and paste data, can this be done, or does this create lots of opportunities for undesired app behavior?

Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2013
2 answers
Hello there,

I'm trying to run this example http://docs.kendoui.com/tutorials/build-apps-with-kendo-ui-mobile

I get the following results:

1. Firefox: works great
2. Opera mobile emulator: works great
3. Internet Explorer for Windows Mobile 6.5: only renders the text. No styles, header and footer.

4. Opera 9.5 and Opera 10 for Windows Mobile: For some reason the browser renders a very large page. You can see only half of the text of the nav bar, you have to scroll side ways to see it all, and you have to scroll 2 pages down to see the footer.

On Opera 9.5 there is a advanced option called "Adaptive Zoom -> Virtual Screen Width". Setting this to the width of the device fixes the Navbar problem, but I'm still stuck with the footer.

Is there any trick to solve this?

Thank you,
Francisco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2013
0 answers
My navbar truncates on when I select a form field.  The navbar is cut almost in half and the back button is hard to reach.  Only a full page refresh restores the natural size.

You can reproduce the problem with the following link on an iphone device:
http://www.veterinaryclipboard.com/#dosagecalcview?isfeline=true
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 11 Nov 2012
0 answers
Hello,

I'm new to Kendo Mobile and like it very much. I made a first application with 2 pages both are using the same layout.
If I now navigate to the 2nd page and press back it says "loading" but doesn't load the first page again.
After that it seems to break my whole application.

Can anyone help me out with my problem?

Thanks for your help.

Regards 
Joachim
Joachim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 04 Nov 2012
0 answers
Apparently only views support the data-model attribute for automatic bindings. Please confirm.

I have come across the requirement to set the view title in the navbar according to the data displayed in the view which should be IMO a fairly common requirement. For example, when editing a contact, the navbar would display the contact full name. In such use case, you would use the data-model attribute and get automatic binding on the view, but you would have to explicitly bind the navbar through kendo.bind in your code to get binding on the view title.

It would be nice if the navbar (or the layout) could also support the data-model attribute. I would be happy to post a feature request on uservoice once this is confirmed, but I have no more votes available.
Jack
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 asked on 30 Oct 2012
4 answers
When I set the navbar title in HTML or via JavaScript
$("#resultsViewNavBar").data("kendoMobileNavBar").title(currentUser);

... it will just not be displayed/shown on Android devices. Is this by design?
If yes: can we change/enable/override this behavior?

Thanks.
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Sep 2012
3 answers
Hi,

I have a listview that when an item is clicked an overlay view is displayed. When the overlay is shown I want to be able to change the Navbar title. However this is not working when I use the code listed in the documentation.

The HTML code I have for the overlay is: 

<div data-role="view" data-title="View Title" id="fav-list" data-transition="overlay:up">
    <header data-role="header">
        <div id="fav-list-navbar" data-role="navbar">
            <a class="nav-button" data-align="left" href="#my-favourites" data-transition="overlay:up reverse" data-role="backbutton" >Back</a>
            <span data-role="view-title"></span>
        </div>
    </header>

</div>

and the javascript that relates to the listview and the changing of the navbar title: 

function mobileListViewHeadersInit() {

$("#myfavlist").kendoMobileListView({

dataSource: kendo.data.DataSource.create({data: jsonObj, group: "letter" }),

template: $("#myfavlistTemplate").html(),

headerTemplate: "${value}",

fixedHeaders: true,

click: function(e) {

try {
                $("#fav-list-navbar
"
).data("kendoMobileNavBar").title("Foo");
                }
                catch(ee)
                {
                    alert("Error: " + ee.message);
                }

window.location = "#fav-list";

//alert(e.dataItem.name);
            }

});

}

The error message i receive when this is run is: 

'undefined' is not an object. 

However if I use jquery to look up any of the elements, they are accessable

Not sure what to try next.....

Chris
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2012
3 answers
Hi

I'm calling a function everytime user switch to a new view (using "data-show") part of the function is to change the title based on user input

my problem is that even when I change the title using jquery with the title span id, I can see Kendo will reset it back to data-title

Note: I'm changing the title using :
$('#view-title').html(q);
$('#view-search').attr('data-title',q);
Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2012
2 answers
I was wondering if the gap at the bottom issue has been actually patched in the revision 2.2012.2.710?
It seems that I am still getting the issue on my iPhone(ios 5.1.1). That however renders ok on my Chrome on my Windows 7.
Any one with a clue? Thanks. 

By the way, I've seen the issue previously mentioned in http://www.kendoui.com/forums/mobile/general-discussions/backbutton-bottom-gap.aspx#0 

Joon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Aug 2012
1 answer
In the demos it looks as if the address bar is permanently hidden when the fixed tabbar is used, on my galaxy s (gingerbread) it is not.

How can I hide the address bar?
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jul 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron