Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
4 answers
Can i place it in the top center instead of the center of the browser? Or can i specify the x, y coordinates to position the modal view?
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jul 2014
4 answers
I know this is possible with your typical view, but perhaps this is not supported by modal views?

I am trying to open a modal view with a query param like:
<a data-rel="modalview" href="#myModalView?someParam=123" data-role="button">Open MV </a>
However when I click on the link/button I get this error:
Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #myModalView?someParam=123

Is this unsupported on Modal Views?

Mick
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Jun 2014
9 answers
Pretty simple issue. I can do this. I can see that the 2nd modal opened but it is behind the first modal. I tried by setting z-order but it didn't seem to have an effect.

Any solutions?
Don
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Apr 2014
2 answers
I have a modelview made with this code: 
<div data-role="modalview" id="windowPopup" data-modal="false" data-close="closeFunction"> 
<ul data-role="listview" data-style="inset" data-type="group"> 
<li>
</li>
</ul>
</div> 

The function closeFunction () is never started. 
This is because data-modal false? Is there a solution? 

I've tried using the data event-open and it works well. 

I tried with 2014.1 318 and 2013 versions.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2014
1 answer
If I create a view with data-role="modalview" and then use Kendo.bind() using MVVM it causes the page to show just plain text with a white background.  If I change the data-role to view it works correctly.  Is there something special that must be done to use MVVM with a modalview?

Thanks
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2014
5 answers
The ModalView open event handler is not firing as per the documentation below whether I call the open method $("#mvTest").data("kendoMobileModalView").open()  or use data-rel="modal" and href="#mvTest" attributes on a button widget.

http://docs.kendoui.com/api/mobile/modalview#events-open
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2014
6 answers
Is it possible to use: $("#modal_scroll").data("kendoMobileScroller").reset(); inside of a modal view?

I use similar commands throughout my app, but on the modal it has no effect. Modal is:

<div data-role="modalview" data-before-show="logged_before()" data-model="Service.viewModel" id="details" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;">
                    <div data-role="header">
                         <div data-role="navbar" style="background: #333333;">
                             <span data-role="view-title" style="color: #eeeeee; padding: 0px;">Details</span>
                             <a data-align="left" data-role="button" onclick="$('#details').data('kendoMobileModalView').close();" style="margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; background: #ffffff; width: 60px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; padding: 7px 6px 6px 6px; font-weight: bold; border-color: green;">Back</a>
                         </div>
                    </div>
                    <div class="view-content" data-role="scroller" id="modal_scroll">
                        <div id="detail_area"></div>
                    </div>
                </div>
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Feb 2014
2 answers
I have a kendo view that is bound to a kendo.observable with accept and reject actions.  When reject is selected, I pop up a modalview that includes an input which requires comments as why they are rejecting.  The modal has two buttons, Reject and Cancel.  If the users hits accept, I want to send the input back to the original views viewModel.  I also expect all execution to stop when the modal is open, but it continues to run.

Here is a snippet of the viewModel and the modal view.
vm:
var viewModel = kendo.observable({
    accept: function () {
        // ajax call
    },
    reject: function () {
        utils.showReject(); // modalview

// get response from showReject (i.e., if they hit Reject,
        // give me their comments from the input)

// ajax call with comments from above
    }
});
utils.showReject();
var showReject = function () {
        $("#reject-view").show().data().kendoMobileModalView.open();
    }
html:
<div data-role="modalview" id="reject-view" style="display: none; width: 70%;">
        <div data-role="header">
            <div data-role="navbar">
                <span>Are you sure?</span><br />
                <textarea rows="3" placeholder="Enter Reject Reason" style="width: 95%; padding: 5px;"></textarea><br />
                <a data-click="app.closeModal" data-modalid="#reject-view" data-role="button">Reject</a>
                <a data-click="app.closeModal" data-modalid="#reject-view" data-role="button">Cancel</a>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Jan 2014
1 answer
Hey guys

I'm using Kendo UI Mobile for quite a long time, and since the beginning I'm a bit disappointed with the ModalView. I think it should have more features that a regular View has. Examples and other ideas:

- Zoom
- Layout
- AfterClose event
- AfterOpen event (or beforeOpen? Can't remember right now if the open event is triggered after or before the opening animation)
- URL parameters
- Possibility of specifying different sizes for tablets
- Automatic height (is this achievable on current version?)

The app we're working now needs a image viewer, and we thought that the ModalView would be best for this, to not interfere with the navigation flow, but the lack of zoom hindered that idea.

So I ask, please, give more love to the ModalView!
Thanks!
Petyo
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jan 2014
1 answer
Hi I'm a newbie in Kendo UI Mobile, I wanted to know how to make a modalview appear on the center of the screen, just like the one in the demo (demos.kendoui.com/mobile/modalview/index.html). I've been trying to manipulate the CSS but still can't find the easy way to do it.

Another question is also what is the best way to center all the contents in the ModalView?

By the way here's my code, which as you can see the ModalView appears on the top left of the screen instead of in the middle:
01.<!DOCTYPE html>
02.<html>
03.<head>
04.    <title>Social Leaderboard</title>
05.    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://da7xgjtj801h2.cloudfront.net/2013.3.1119/styles/kendo.common.min.css">
06.    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://da7xgjtj801h2.cloudfront.net/2013.3.1119/styles/kendo.default.min.css">
07.    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://da7xgjtj801h2.cloudfront.net/2013.3.1119/styles/kendo.mobile.all.min.css">
09.    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js" type="application/javascript"></script>
10.    <script src="https://da7xgjtj801h2.cloudfront.net/2013.3.1119/js/kendo.mobile.min.js" type="application/javascript"></script>
12.    <script>
13.        this.application = new kendo.mobile.Application(document.body);
15.        $(document).ready(function Start(){
16.            $("#view-modal").data("kendoMobileModalView").open();
17.        });
18.    </script>
19.</head>
20.<body>
21.    <div data-role="view" data-title="Modal Test" id="view-modaltest">
22.        <header data-role="header">
23.            <div data-role="navbar">
24.                <a data-role="button" data-align="left" id="btnBack">Back</a>
25.                <span data-role="view-title">Leaderboard</span>
26.            </div>
27.            <ul data-role="buttongroup" data-index="0" data-select="OnSelectTimeFrame">
28.                <li>All-Time</li>
29.                <li>Monthly</li>
30.                <li>Weekly</li>
31.            </ul>
32.        </header>
33.        <footer data-role="footer">
34.            <div data-role="tabstrip" class="tabstrip" data-select="OnSelectLeaderboard">
35.                <a data-icon="globe">Global</a>
36.                <a data-icon="contacts">Friends</a>
37.            </div>
38.        </footer>
39.    </div>
41.    <div data-role="modalview" id="view-modal" style="width: 300px; height: 240px;">
42.        <header data-role="header">
43.            <div data-role="navbar">
44.                <span>Challenge Friend</span>
45.            </div>
46.        </header>
47.        <div>
49.            <span> X </span>
51.        </div>
52.        <div>
53.            <a data-role="button" id="btnOKChallenge">OK</a>
54.            <a data-role="button" id="btnCancelChallenge">Cancel</a>
55.        </div>
56.    </div>
57.</body>
58.</html>
Thanks heaps!

Dede
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jan 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron