Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
3 answers

I'm using kendo Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Mvc5 version 2016.2.607 in .net 452

i have my culture type in web.config set as:

<globalization uiCulture="de" culture="de-DE" />

if i use the following code to localize my website, it works fine (see 'first.png')

<script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/kendo/2016.2.607/cultures/kendo.culture." + System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.Name + ".min.js")"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            $(document).ready(function () {
                kendo.culture("@System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.Name");
            });
        </script>

if i remove that code and use @Html.Kendo().Culture() instead, i en-US date values (see 'second.png')

if i do a view source, the @Html.Kendo().Culture() seems to be working fine, see below.

<script>kendo.cultures["de-DE"]={name:"de-DE",numberFormat:{pattern:["-n"],decimals:2,",":".",".":",",groupSize:[3],percent:{pattern:["-n %","n %"],decimals:2,",":".",".":",",groupSize:[3],symbol:"%"},currency:{pattern:["-n $","n $"],decimals:2,",":".",".":",",groupSize:[3],symbol:"€"}},calendars:{standard:{days:{names:["Sonntag","Montag","Dienstag","Mittwoch","Donnerstag","Freitag","Samstag"],namesAbbr:["So","Mo","Di","Mi","Do","Fr","Sa"],namesShort:["So","Mo","Di","Mi","Do","Fr","Sa"]},months:{names:["Januar","Februar","März","April","Mai","Juni","Juli","August","September","Oktober","November","Dezember"],namesAbbr:["Jan","Feb","Mrz","Apr","Mai","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Okt","Nov","Dez"]},AM:[""],PM:[""],patterns:{d:"dd.MM.yyyy",D:"dddd, d. MMMM yyyy",F:"dddd, d. MMMM yyyy HH:mm:ss",g:"dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm",G:"dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss",m:"d. MMMM",M:"d. MMMM",s:"yyyy'-'MM'-'dd'T'HH':'mm':'ss",t:"HH:mm",T:"HH:mm:ss",u:"yyyy'-'MM'-'dd HH':'mm':'ss'Z'",y:"MMMM yyyy",Y:"MMMM yyyy"},"/":".",":":":",firstDay:1}}};</script>

what am i missing?

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2016
11 answers
Hi all,
I have translated Kendo UI messages for Slovak language for version 2014.3.1316.
Files in attachment:
kendo.messages.sk-SK.js
kendo.messages.sk-SK.min.js.
-Marian
Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2016
1 answer

Hello,

With numbers of 10 digits and more, I have a formatting issue even using kendo.toString() in jquery or DisplayFormat through field decoration on Class ViewModel.

For exemple, 2 458 200 256 using kendo.toString(number, "#,###.###;(- #,###.###);0") will return 24 582 00256 which is totally wrong.

Before upgrade everthing was working correctly. If I want to correctly format number, I need to use kendo.toString(number, "#,###,###,###.###;(- #,###,###,###.###);0");

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Apr 2016
1 answer

Globalization example in Kendo UI Web framework at following link http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/globalization/index

This example only changes control culture and changes values format. Any working example for validation and field label change based on culture?

My application will have multiple language support so I will have to change field labels and validation based on language. Any help, suggestion or working example would be appreciated.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2016
4 answers
Custom formats with # and 0 in kendo.toString do not appear to work correctly.  For example: kendo.toString(1234.5678, "#####") returns 12345 as shown in the demo example, but kendo.toString(12345678, "#####") returns 12345678.  I would expect both snippets to return 12345.  Also custom formats like ###-###-####,  ## ## ##, #(###) ### ####, ##:##:##:## do not work, they just return an error or the original value.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2016
1 answer

Seems to be decimal separator is not right for de-CH culture. As far we can see, inside the "kendo.culture.de-CH.min.js" file, we have definition that decimal separator is "," (comma), BUT should be "."(point) .

In attached screen shot you can find some details.  ​Version of Kendo UI is 2015.2.805

Could you, please, check it?

Thanks.​

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Nov 2015
1 answer

In version 2015.3.930, it looks like the calendar.firstDay property is set to 1 (Monday) instead of 0 (Sunday) ​in the en-US culture definition. This is causing calendar and date picker widgets to start with Monday instead of Sunday. You can test this by running the following in your browser console:

kendo.culture("en-US");
kendo.culture().calendar.firstDay; // Returns 1 (Monday)

For now, the quick fix is just to change this in the kendo.culture.en-US.min.js file.

Alexander Popov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2015
2 answers

Hi,

I was trying to globalize the Datepicker in a kendo grid in the filter row(option set)

I added the de-DE language package.

Setting the culture option of the Datepicker didn'tt work(dojo)

Whereas in fiddle it worked.

Although it worked in fiddle I could not made it run in my code.

Could you please help and give a running dojo, thanks.

Dominik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Oct 2015
17 answers
Hi,
I am trying to implement the globalization to my MVC web application by using Kendo UI, the only example I found is this :
http://demos.kendoui.com/web/globalization/index.html
Which only works on the Data field such as Time and Date, the label of each fields are not converted to other language.
I also read the documentation related to Globalization in Kendo UI site, it is not enough to implement it to my project.
I appreciate if anybody can provide some detailed documents or examples of implementing Globalization by using Kendo UI,
 So we can follow it step by step to implement it to our whole mvc application.

Thanks a lot,

balazs
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Sep 2015
3 answers

I'm using the js message files bundled in Kendo UI v2015.1.429 and changing them dynamically 

I'm currently using:

- kendo.messages.de-DE.min.js

- kendo.messages.en-US.min.js

- kendo.messages.es-ES.min.js

- kendo.messages.fr-FR.min.js

- kendo.messages.it-IT.min.js

- kendo.messages.ru-RU.min.js

Everything works fine, except for kendo.messages.it-IT.min.js that does not update the UI and this is obviously my own native language :)

Can you please check if there is any issue with it? I've also tried the updated once on github but no way.

Thanks,

Enrico

Alexander Valchev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jun 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron